Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer (Ipswich, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Taking Chances (Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Book 1)
Taking Chances (Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected story!, 24 Jan. 2016
Wow so I just finished the book and I was completely drawn in, the story is beautifully written and is not your regular love story the twists it takes are so unexpected. I didn't love Harper but I think that's the point; - she was selfish but she grew up neglected lacking maternal love, she was insecure again she grew up with a dad who didn't talk to her let alone tell her she was loved. She had no identity when growing up, not really so a little bit of freedom and attention and Harper is completely overwhelmed by it. The character fit the story and her journey I felt was believable. Some of the characters were a little too nice and a little too forgiving through this book but it just reinforced the focus onto Harper.

Now chase and Brandon what a pair of men who are hard not to fall head over heals in love with, I couldn't blame Harper for being completely caught up and confused by them. They were both amazing and unique but good men. Harper was still an 18 year old sheltered and emotionally stunted girl and these two were men not boys and they didn't play around they went in for the kill and were hard and fast - she never stood a chance.

At 30% through the book I thought I had it figured out and I thought yes this is the guy she should be with and will be but then a twist you just were not expecting got thrown in. I was left as a reader devastated and from then on I still loved the story but completely gutted by who she ends up with, not because the ending didn't fit but because I had picked a team and just wasn't expecting that to happen! But that's what makes this such a good read, I was involved, I was invested in the story and I wanted a happy ending and everyone to find peace. Now that is what happens but just not the way you expect.

This maybe a traditional college romance with a love triangle but that's about as traditional as it gets, expect the unexpected and just go with it. By the end of it you'll either be like me and happy for the ending but still feel a little sad as it isn't how you wanted it to end, or you'll be happy that's the way it worked out because that's how you saw it from the start! I can't say anymore than that or I would completely ruin the story.

No Choice (The James Family Book 1)
No Choice (The James Family Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for an uncomfortable 27%, 25 Nov. 2015
I got 27% of the way through and then I thought why am I reading this I hate the male lead, he tells her if another man touches her he'll kill her. I just thought what a beautiful tool. Not for me there's alpha and then there's something else and this was borderline abusive - it may change if I had read on.

Why Me?
Why Me?

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but really really bad 😞, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Why Me? (Kindle Edition)
I feel really bad saying this as I appreciate someone has taken the time to write this book but it is shockingly bad. The characters are all extremely stilted, it doesn't flow at all and there is no growth. I'm only 30% through and I just cannot read anymore, it's painfully awkward.

The book is meant to be set in college with 18-21yr old characters but I would put them at 12 with the language and behaviour. I feel like the author has said 'hey how many stereotypes can a put in one book' the non conformist female lead, a very poorly stereotyped gay best friend, the cheerleader who sleeps around and thuggish jocks. It is not thought provoking at all, except when it offended my intelligence.

Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1)
Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! 😂, 10 Mar. 2015
I loved this book - there are just so many laugh out loud moments, then moments which make you squirm and want to cry! It's like the film stepbrothers meets Bridget Jones! I recommended this book to friends when I had read 19% of the book because it is just that good! I am eagerly anticipating the next one, the author is outstanding and a high five to you for brightening my day with words!

Black Lies
Black Lies

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - must read!, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Black Lies (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit when I read the synopsis I wasn't sure this would be something I would like due to the story line. Well I am blown away by the story and how fabulously this was written. Half way through I considered quitting it as I thought the female lead was a selfish and cruel individual, so glad I carried on because boy was I wrong! The female lead is strong, intelligent and kicks butts in the end I loved her. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a happy ending but beware there are a lot of WTF moments and twists and turns along the way, well worth the ride though.

The Ex Games Boxed Set (The Complete Series)
The Ex Games Boxed Set (The Complete Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a romance but a disturbing story of manipulation and humiliation, 16 Sept. 2014
This is quite a disturbing story and it kind of makes me realise why there are so many young girls and men in unhealthy relationships. The fact the male lead humiliates and uses the female sexually on purpose to demean her to therefore prove she is mature enough to be a mother and not run away, is distasteful as a romance. I am saddened with myself for reading it as I actually thought she was going to end up taking control, I thought that was going to be the end result but sadly it wasn't.

Wingman (Woman)
Wingman (Woman)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love bella jewel, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Wingman (Woman) (Kindle Edition)
This woman is a freaking awesome writer!! I love the mc sinners series and I want more but I loved this book just as much. She always produces a great story but it is also hilarious at points. I loved the female lead, she annoyed me sometimes but I liked her personality she was spunky but vulnerable. I'm not going to explain the story or give you an overview you can get that from the synopsis, the language is colourful and dirty and the moments are hot hot hot!! In a nutshell I loved it and can't wait for more!!

Fierce (New Adult Romance) - #1 Fierce Series
Fierce (New Adult Romance) - #1 Fierce Series

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh god so not good!!, 26 May 2014
I really wanted this book to be good and persevered till half way but my god I wanted to punch everyone in the book. I thought the first book was a little rocky but I wanted to give it a chance, but I'm not sure what decade and universe this is all set in. So in high school when autumn is 15/16yrs old she gets duped by a boy who kisses her but she makes a card for him asking him to be her boyfriend, I haven't been in high school for over 10years but even back then 15/16yrs olds were not like that. Flash forward to college and both autumn and Evie are too child like and immature for words it's like the writer has said they are both awkward, smart and enjoy learning therefore they are babies. It was frustrating how pathetic the writer portrayed them.

Not my cup of tea it annoyed me far too much!

Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC Book 2)
Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!!, 18 May 2014
I loved this second instalment, there are moments which are perhaps a little obvious but it is action packed and fast paced. I like how neither love stories are conventional and aren't a case of they fall in love and live happily ever after, it's not polite or trying to be too meaningful and asking you to buy into something it's simply a break from reality that gets you hooked. The writer has a fabulous way of writing which allows you to set the scene in your mind and picture the individuals involved.

I can't wait to see what's next, there are a few characters who I am dying to know how their stories unfold.

Resisting Ryder (Hellfire MC Romance)
Resisting Ryder (Hellfire MC Romance)

1.0 out of 5 stars I think I read a different book 😞, 18 May 2014
Sorely disappointed the female lead was odd and annoying she was portrayed as a user really, I couldn't like her at all she was 23 going on 5. The male lead considering he was a VP was a bit fluffy. The story leading to the discovery of who murdered the female leads husband/male leads brother was over in the blink of an eye and as exciting as a soggy cucumber sandwich. Not for me I like a bit of punch and passion to my reads and this certainly didn't have either.

Page: 1 | 2