Profile for Lugs > Reviews

Lugs

Dark Eden
Dark Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could be a classic, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dark Eden (Kindle Edition)
Firstly I want to congratulate the author on a cleverly written novel I have read sci fi and fantasy for well over 35 yrs now so I know a bit about the genre and I feel those folks that have given this book a poor review have been put off by the language used by the characters.please don't let this put you off as there comes a point in the book where you are truly hooked and the style of the book just flows.. The author tells a simple story about simple characters that reveals so much about human nature and the inherent spirit of mankind no matter where we may end up in the universe kudos to you sir you have a great talent and hopefully a long career in the genre.

The Hydrogen Sonata (A Culture Novel)
The Hydrogen Sonata (A Culture Novel)
by Iain M. Banks

1.0 out of 5 stars gave up after 250 pages, 14 Nov. 2012
I so sorry to be negative about such a creative genius as Ian banks, i have read everything he has published but this book bored me to death.i gave up after 250 pages and that's a first for me with his novels.i feel like Ian has written his best work and although dealing with high brow stuff I just can't connect with his ramblings and characters in this novel. I found reading this book a bit of a task and really wanted to like it but realised I just wanted to finish it. Sorry my review is not detailed I still think Ian banks is one the best science fiction writers ever but I'm slightly less of an eager fan after the last two novels.Maybe the future holds a return to the brilliant form of his earlier sci fi that kept me up to the wee small hours.