Profile for Mr. Kevin Stuttard > Reviews

Content by Mr. Kevin Stuttard

Mr. Kevin Stuttard "laislapequena" (England)

Harry Potter Y La Piedra Filosofal: 1
Harry Potter Y La Piedra Filosofal: 1
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to improve your Spanish reading skills., 21 Jan. 2014
I have read the series in English, and now, as I have been a student of Spanish for 15 years or so, I have begun to read them in Spanish. Excellent way of introducing new words into your vocabulary and for improving your understanding of writtern Spanish. Very well written and presented, easy to read and not too difficult for, say, an intermediate Spanish read. Worth the money. Just purchased 'Harry Potter y la Camara Secreta' today, so looking forward to that one.

Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi + 3G) (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PS Vita (Wi-Fi + 3G) (PlayStation Vita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch portable gaming, 8 Mar. 2013
Nothing more to say except that this little portable is simply stunning. Superb, clear touchscreen, excellent controls, sexy to look at and hold. Buy one !

El Testamento Maya (Domain Trilogy)
El Testamento Maya (Domain Trilogy)
by Steve Alten

5.0 out of 5 stars El Testamento Maya, 11 Oct. 2010
Superb book, well written and keeps you gripped from the opening chapter in the Nazca desert right up until the last chapter. The translation into Español is well done and never leaves you guessing as to whether they have got it right or not. Spot on.

10 out of 10 for this book. Now it's on to La Resurreccion Maya.

Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone
Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 8 Aug. 2010
I thought long and hard before parting with my cash for this microphone. We run a small recording studio in my workplace and often use a Rode NT2 condenser mic. I wanted a condenser I could use at home for recording using Pro Tools but didn't want to spend a fortune. The Behringer then was a complete shock to me. Good quality plastic carry case, good quality metal mike housing, professional looking, chunky and with reassuring weight to it etc etc. I decided to record some guitar at work using the Rode NT2 and then record the same piece into Pro Tools using the C1 and then compare them. There are more features on the Rode NT2 such as pattern choice, cardiod etc etc and a filter, but hey, thats what you pay £200 quid for. For the price, the Behringer was brilliant. I cannot recommend this enough. Don't spend a fortune, buy one of these and you wont be disappointed.

Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s
Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album!, 21 Aug. 2009
This is a cracking album, really takes you back. Some storming 'choones' on there, but COME ON AMAZON, SEND US THE MISSING TRACKS! I would have given it 5 stars except for the missing tracks which I didn't realise until after I purchased it.

Por Aqui: Second Year Spanish Course
Por Aqui: Second Year Spanish Course
by Jose G. Escribano

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Por Aqui second year spanish, 10 Mar. 2006
This book is now the cornerstone of all my Spanish Learning. It's excellent, chock full of grammar, verbs, examples etc etc. There is a mine of good quality spanish in there, plenty of pages of Spanish reading per chapter, plenty of questions etc to get your teeth into, good, clear explanations of the examples etc etc. I would now be lost without it by my side. Why the BBC does not re-print this book is beyond me. Quite simply, if I need to know anything, this book is my first point of reference.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2016 1:23 PM BST