Profile for gina's mom > Reviews

gina's mom (shropshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Swinging Stupendo
Swinging Stupendo

4.0 out of 5 stars A tad hard to master, it tricks you into playing for a long time, so Beware! Addictive. Cool retro graphic and nice gameplay., 22 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Swinging Stupendo (App)
You're a trapeze artist with some spider-man powers that shoots a grapple trying to avoid being electrocuted by some van de graaff generators.

At first I just though the rag-doll trapezist just had to fall and die (which was sadistic fun), then my partner found out the spider-man thing and he's still gloating. Now you know too. Just push the central button, and then again when you want to shoot the new grapple.

Two things are important: how long is the grapple and the momentum when you'll shoot the new one. This is how you get to advance.
I'd like to say I know my stuff around it 'cause I'm into physic, but I just push the button on the recorder and laugh.

Two game play: Random or Daily Challenge.

Beware: it can become addictive. I've installed it and played far too much just to get a hang of it. Then again 'cause I finally knew how to play... Then again 'cause I wanted to do a best score.

Hot Wheels: Race Off
Hot Wheels: Race Off

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot-wheels cars, explosions and races. What's not to like?Single or Multiplayer!, 22 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Hot Wheels: Race Off (App)
It's such a silly game, and I like it.
You give gas to your car, jump, if you give gas mid-air your hot rod will tilt, and if you don't jump properly your car will explode.

The more you play, the more in-game credits you'll get to pimp your car.
Single or Multiplayer.

You can play with just one finger and the remote: super lazy game!
On my telly (a Phillips) it's a bit slow and lagged so not a super fluid playing.

What I See
What I See
by Brooklyn Beckham

2.0 out of 5 stars Who gave the okay at Penguin Random House?, 20 Sept. 2017
This review is from: What I See (Hardcover)
You can learn a lot from this book.

I've learned that:
it's so hard to photograph an elephant;
if a photo is out of focus just say there's a lot going on;
a Leica or a Hasselblad aren't enough to take good photographs;
the editor really didn't care about photography and just wanted to milk the Beckham name.

Crossy Road
Crossy Road

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice game, addictive, a bit anxious., 20 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Crossy Road (App)
It's a nice game, we played it on the tv....
but I hate it. Makes me anxious.
Look, a car! A truck! save yourself lil'chiken!
(there are 10+ figurine you can pick)

Had to delete it 'cause it's even addictive, and you keep playing and trying to defeat your partner best score.
Trying to, 'cause I haven't been able to win.

Pokémon Camp
Pokémon Camp

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, simple, clear graphic and secure game. Plus Free!!, 20 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Pokémon Camp (App)
It's a Pokemon app, and it's free: what's not to like?

Well, it's a bit heavy (around 270mb), and setting it on my phone required the Amazon Underground app and some settings...
but that's all.
The graphic is simple and funny as the game itself; lots of in games and whenever we use it, it's certain that the child interest will be completely absorbed (or mine if I'm stuck at the post office).

Doesn't need datas after you installed it, unlike pokemon go, but still with the same idea of collecting Pokemons!

Playing with the 27 July 2017 Update.

Solomon and Mortimer
Solomon and Mortimer
by Catherine Rayner

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, lovely, with nice a suspense feeling and laughter. New words to learn, 18 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Solomon and Mortimer (Hardcover)
This a lovely, funny book.
The illustrations are amazing and delicate, yet, the story is about 2 naughty crocodiles that are trying to surprise a hippo and make him jump.
You'll get the suspense, the complicity between the 2 crocodiles, the funny frustration when - while trying to sneak near the hippo - other animals unintentionally disrupt the plan..
A lot of animals appear: crocodiles, hippos, butterflies, ibis, pelicans, frogs.

It's nice to read out loud, making voices, changing the tone, puffing in frustration and the end will make your little one jump and laugh.
Our 2yo loved it, and learned new words too; the vocabulary is rich, with words as wallowing, quivering, basking, swiveling,suspiciously, twitching, glee and naughtily, of course.

If you have 2 children, that are partners in mischief, it's a must have.
We have the hardcover version. It's more or lass A4 sized, as big as the normal paper you put in a printer.
There's a "Solomon Crocodile" (Uh oh, here comes trouble!) by the same author.

Penguin
Penguin
by Polly Dunbar

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice addition to our library! Cute, simple, tender and quirky., 15 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Penguin (Paperback)
Sometimes you can judge a picture book by its cover.
And from the cover, you can see how the character design is clean, light and cute.

The story is very simple, tender, yet quirky.
A boy get a penguin as a gift, the penguin doesn't talk or do much, the boy get's upset and eaten by a lion, penguin saves the boy.

The font used is very clear and big, on a white background, so it's perfect to read even in dim light.
Words are easy to read, very well picked, and the right amount.
To tell the truth, I can't avoid reading it as Roger Allam would. I must be biased by Sarah&Duck.

We got the paperback version for the 10th Anniversary edition, and it's an A4 format (like the paper for your printer).

Since we got this, it's been a favorite: who doesn't like penguins (or lions!, or blowing raspberry!)?

It's 4out of 5 stars 'cause, although I really like this, I would have keep it a couple of pages shorter, to avoid the repetitions going stall.

Farm Jigsaw Puzzles 123 - Fun Learning Puzzle Game for Kids
Farm Jigsaw Puzzles 123 - Fun Learning Puzzle Game for Kids

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, cheap, really good. Never crashed!, 13 Sept. 2017
Puzzles on the fire tablet!
This is the first app I've tried while searching for puzzles for a baby toddler, and it's the only one I've bought so far.

I've tried a lot of them, with dinos, animal, fake wooden, and everything but this is a simple app, with nice puzzles.

You can pick a scene from the 7 beautiful scenery, then select the element that will be scrambled out of the 45 and then solve the jigsaw.
You can pick 2-4-6-9-16 pieces,and choose if you want a transparent image as background guide.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Boomedia

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have: love the game, love the music., 12 Sept. 2017
Great play! A must have.
Addictive and very well done.
In the end, after spending hours with them, you will like all the 3 characters...even the fourth one: your on-line avatar.
Cause this game is great on single mode, long missions, great music on the radio, amazing game play and scenery, but it's amazing even online, where you can interact with players all around the world and create a crew of friends to enjoy it even more.

Where The Wild Things Are
Where The Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, amazing pictures. A4 sized book with strong paper., 9 Sept. 2017
As Sendak would say, there's so much in this book than just the reading.
A simple story, few characters, and a lot of imagination. You'll love it so much you'll want to eat it up!
It's an amazing story to read out loud, it's a great tell, words are perfect and so precise that the Author didn't need to write many.

The Wild Things are the like the Dragons that you see on those ancient maps, when lands and seas were yet to be discovered and still, Max - the little boy - is able to tame them.
This is what I like about the story: You just have to believe in yourself. You just have to go and start your own adventure. My baby just love the Monsters and Max's wolf suit.

The picture are so lovely, scary, funny, sad altogether. You can't forget them.
As an adult, you'll notice some references to William Blakes' Divina Commedia.

The book is as big as an A4 sheet, those you normally use for the printer: amazing size for small hands and big pictures. Won't rip easily.
I had mine for a few months now, and the pages are a bit yellowish, which I expect and adore in a book, but you never know what someone else might like. (see pic)

Note: Get this story in a paper Book, not eBook. Sendak hated them.
Spike Jones has directed a movie (2009) adapted from M.Sendak book, but it's different, and you won't get the book taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10