Profile for Onthemotorway > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Silentnight Ultrabounce Hollowfibre Pillow, Pack of 4
Silentnight Ultrabounce Hollowfibre Pillow, Pack of 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Shape after 3 months, 12 Jun. 2014
These are pretty cheap pillows so I wasn't expecting too much.

Initially, they're very comfortable and retain shape and volume well.

Now 3 months on, the fibre is uneven and all the pillows have collapsed somewhat.

Philips Sonicare HX6013/HX6014 Compatible Replacement Toothbrush Heads
Philips Sonicare HX6013/HX6014 Compatible Replacement Toothbrush Heads
Offered by Net Trader 1963

5.0 out of 5 stars Why would you buy the originals?, 12 Jun. 2014
These fit the Sonicare perfectly and last just as long as the genuine heads.

I am very pleased to have found these as I had recently been considering reverting back to a traditional toothbrush due to the costs of genuine Philips heads.

Would recommend!

Landmann 10900 Long Handled 3-in-1 Barbecue Grill Brush
Landmann 10900 Long Handled 3-in-1 Barbecue Grill Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 12 Jun. 2014
Nice long reach handle which makes cleaning very straightforward.

Particularly like the way it doesn't flex at all, so it only requires minimum effort to clean the BBQ grill.

I'm happy with it and would recommend.

Lamb: A Novel
Lamb: A Novel
by Christopher Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out Loud!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Paperback)
A very funny and entertaining read. The style has a certain 'cheekiness' to it so even the most devout Christian shouldn't be too offended by this book.

Dropped a star towards the end as I feel the tone changed somewhat and the book became more serious, it read more like an account of the last days of Jesus' life - perhaps crucifixion related humour would have been a step too far?! However given it's supposed to be funny I do feel it needed to 'lighten' up a bit in the last few chapters.

I will certainly take a look at some of Christopher Moore's other books.

Scalloped Blue Catseye Stud Set with Presentation Box
Scalloped Blue Catseye Stud Set with Presentation Box
Offered by Cuff-Daddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful. Would recommend., 26 Nov. 2011
I'd recommend this set for someone on a smaller budget who is willing to compromise on quality. I ordered these after borrowing a stud shirt and struggling to find any studs on the high street at a reasonable price.

The Stud set came presented in a dark grey plastic box with a chrome effect band and a snap hinge. This a fairly generic presentation box and nothing particularly special.

The quality is reasonable for the price, the detail on the metal isn't particularly fine or well finished but they look good from a distance. The 'Catseye' Element gives a nice shine and reflects light.

A problem I sometimes find with cheaper cufflinks is that the link isn't stiff enough so they're very easy to lose. Thankfully this is not the case here. These cufflinks should remain on your cuff throughout the evening.

In conclusion, for the price they're pretty good. If you're not expecting top quality jewellery then I'd imagine you won't be disappointed.

Home Brew Ingredients - Brewmaker Pilsner Lager - 40 Pint Homebrew Beer Kit Including 1Kg Vinclasse® Brewing Sugar
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy. Nice Refreshing Lager, 26 Nov. 2011
I bought this Coopers Australian Lager in addition to a Coopers DIY brewing kit.

Once all the equipment is sterilised the process itself is really very simple, the trickiest bit involves starting the brew at an optimal temperature but the instructions provide the correct ratio of hot to cold water making this relatively simple. This being part of a popular DIY kit, there are also several videos on-line giving comprehensive guides on how to best to brew this kit.

I used a Hydrometer throughout the fermenting process (approx 7 days) and am pleased to report a reading of 4.4% by the time I came to bottle the beer. I used 'Coopers' Carbonation drops when bottling as an alternative to sugar and this worked well. I initially left the beer to condition for a couple of weeks but as other reviewers have found the lager improves further with age, so if you can, I'd recommend waiting 3-4 weeks.

Its a very refreshing evenings, perfect for summer and best served ice cold. The only downsides I found was the beer didn't retain its head for very long once poured in to a glass making it a bit unattractive. Additionally whilst the carbonation was initially strong it would go flat relatively quickly once opened. I'd potentially put this down to the carbonation drops and will be ordering a second kit and using sugar as an alternative for the conditioning process.

Unlike Ales, this kit is best fermented at 26-28 degrees C, as such it is probably best to brew it in the summer months as this temperature range can be hard to sustain in winter without specialist equipment.

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Offered by SW1 DIGITAL

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, Decent Sound Quality. Excellent Construction., 13 Nov. 2011
I've had these earphones for around 3 months so thought it was about time to write a review.

First Impressions - nice box, fairly good instructions, 3 different sized buds going from really quite small to fairly large so these should fit most people comfortably.

Sound Quality - Initially coming from the standard Apple Earphones I wasn't blown away - yes they were better (more clarity, crisper and louder) but for the price...I wasn't sure. I was tempted to return them but figured I persevere and I'm glad I did. Once properly bedded in (I'd say at least 50 hours of use) these really did come in to their own. Sound became clearer, bass improved dramatically and the whole range got better and better.

Construction - Seem well built, mine still look like new - no exposed wires/scratches. The buds are well secured as well which hopefully should prevent them getting stuck in your ear (it does happen).

Criticism - The remote is too close to your face, I struggle to adjust the volume as I can't see what I'm doing. It needs to be a further down/separate from the microphone. They tangle very easily - more so than the Apple ones.

Conclusion - Give them a chance to bed in and you won't be disappointed. Nice earphones and good value for money.

Waterman Black Ballpoint Refill (Medium Point). S0553640
Waterman Black Ballpoint Refill (Medium Point). S0553640

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 May 2011
Don't be tempted to get non genuine Waterman refills, they aren't as good.

Each refill lasts me around a year of average usage, pen writes consistently and smoothly, the medium point is perfect for all uses.

HoMedics PM-QUAD Single Quad Massager (Colour Varies)
HoMedics PM-QUAD Single Quad Massager (Colour Varies)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of a Novelty!, 13 Jan. 2011
I was given this as a gift and wasn't really sure what to do with it.

Aesthetics wise, it comes well presented in a clear plastic box. Also comes supplied with AAA batteries which is good. Does look a bit like a sex toy though, I've certainly had a few comments from mates after leaving it on my desk!

In terms of massaging I just don't think it's powerful enough to actually have any effect, it doesn't vibrate that much more than my phone does and leaves me with the impression that it's a bit of novelty - secret Santa gift perhaps?!

I'd say to any prospective purchasers not to expect a miracle massager, I think ultimately it's a bit of toy/conversation starter - I doubt I'll bother replacing the batteries if they ever run out.

Velcro VEL-EC60245 50mm x 2.5m Brand Heavy Duty Stick On Tape - Black
Velcro VEL-EC60245 50mm x 2.5m Brand Heavy Duty Stick On Tape - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 9 Jan. 2011
Fine I guess if you want to permanently secure something but I thought the purpose of Velcro was so that it could be removed and reattached as you wish.

The problem with this tape is the sticky bit isn't strong enough so you just end up pulling the whole thing off when you try and separate the Velcro.

A bit annoyed as it's not cheap!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3