Profile for Hilary Thomas > Reviews

Content by Hilary Thomas

Hilary Thomas (Cumbria, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mueller Kinesiology Tape - Black, 5cm x 5m
Mueller Kinesiology Tape - Black, 5cm x 5m

5.0 out of 5 stars This had been recommended to me by a colleague but I was unsure ..., 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Mueller Kinesiology Tape (Sports)
This had been recommended to me by a colleague but I was unsure how helpful it would be in easing the pain I'd had in my upper back. The first time I used the tape I noticed a huge difference after the first 2 days. I kept the tape on for about a week and then removed it. The pain did not return. I used 3 strips in the same area a week later as knew I'd be having a busy weekend including lifting our toddler granddaughter often. Again my back felt fine and the pain hasn't returned since removing the tape. I no longer wake up in pain - as I used to most days. I've been recommending K Tape to lots of people. It certainly works for me!

Cranky, Beautiful Faith: For irregular (and regular) people
Cranky, Beautiful Faith: For irregular (and regular) people
by Nadia Bolz-Weber

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down!, 7 Jun. 2014
This is a really excellent book - raw, quirky, honest and compelling. Nadia Bolz-Weber tells it as it is - her faith shines through but she doesn't try to dress it up or pretend that being a Christian is all sweetness and light, but it honest about the challenges and challenges us and our preconceptions in the process. Read it!

Lighting a Lamp: A Divali Story (Festival Time)
Lighting a Lamp: A Divali Story (Festival Time)
by Jonny Zucker

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely simple, clear book, 23 Nov. 2013
A good book for a young child to introduce them to Diwali, whether or not they are Hindu or Sikh. Would definitely recommend this to others.

Diwali (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
Diwali (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
by Roger Priddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Super introduction to Diwali for a toddler, 23 Nov. 2013
This is a lovely touch and feel feel giving a little one a great introduction to Diwali. Bought this for our little granddaughter and recommended it to a friend who really liked it and was ordering it for her baby too.

Aargee Diwali Cards (10 Card Pack)
Aargee Diwali Cards (10 Card Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright cards with appropriate messages., 23 Nov. 2013
I really liked these cards - they had bright, quite modern designs with good but not "flowery" messages inside - and were appreciated by our friends and family who received them. Would definitely recommend them.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog
The Elegance of the Hedgehog
by Muriel Barbery

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 12 May 2013
This book is very well written, with some beautiful phrases and an unusual style. I didn't quite click at first that there were two separate narrators - Renee the concierge and Palamo, the young girl from one of the apartments who was disillusioned with life - but once I got into the way this book is written I enjoyed it more and more. It is perhaps a study of how one woman protected herself from further hurt following her tough childhood, whilst another, much younger woman/girl, was able to let down her defences and begin to see life in all its potential. Worth reading - and probably worth reading twice, despite the unexpected and sad ending.

A Song for Jenny: A Mother's Story
A Song for Jenny: A Mother's Story
by Julie Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving tribute, 4 Aug. 2010
This was a hard book to put down - but far from an easy read in terms of the gut-wrenching emotions described as Julie took the reader through those very early days and weeks after her beautiful daughter was killed in the 7/7 bombings. Thought provoking. Really want to read about the following months and years now.

Ghost Captivating Moisturising Body Lotion 200ml
Ghost Captivating Moisturising Body Lotion 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab body lotion!, 4 Aug. 2010
This is a really attractive, light but interesting perfumed lotion, which "backs up" the Ghost perfume wonderfully. I was also able to buy it at a surprisingly reasonable price, thanks to Amazon.

Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook
Weight Watchers: The Pure Points Cookbook
by Sue Ashworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookery made easy!, 16 May 2010
Great book - mine is well-thumbed and splattered: a tribute to how many recipes I use. It is not only for weight-watchers - but for anyone who wants tasty, healthy food. The recipes are straightforward and economical - and so versatile!

The Science of Parenting
The Science of Parenting
by Margot Sunderland

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright ideas for building attachment, 16 May 2010
This book is easy to read and gives some excellent ideas for building your relationship with your child - whether that is your birth child, step-child, aodpted child, grandchild. Lots of practical advice about building on the good times and how to deal with the more challenging ones! There is a word of warning though - the chapter about sleeping with your baby goes against all the latest health advice and, when I have given the book to others, I have included this warning and a leaflet about the risks of this. If it weren't for this I think it would be a 5-star book for parents.

Page: 1 | 2