Profile for BaconTrousers > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ergotron Quick Release Bracket for LCD Screen
Ergotron Quick Release Bracket for LCD Screen

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed design, 27 April 2017
When this mount arrived I liked the sturdy construction but then things went down hill when I tried to fit it.

Firstly the plate that attaches to the TV/Monitor: If you only have shallow VESA mount screw holes on the back of your TV/Monitor then you will probably use the smallest of the supplied screws. These only seem to screw in a few turns but if you try longer ones (the middle set) you can't screw the plate down. If you try the longest screw set using the plastic spacers then you still can't screw the plate down (they are still too long)

Secondly the plate that attaches to the monitor arm: If you do end up using the smallest screw set to attach the plate to the TV/Monitor then you're pretty much stuffed. You need the smallest screws to attach the X plate to the monitor arm, as if you use the longer ones they protrude too far and you cannot put the two plates together.

Finally: I got around the screw issues by using the middle screw set and using spring loaded washers, but then I encountered another problem 'It sticks' and you have to wrestle the b&£^A%d out! (which can be quite difficult when you're trying to lift the TV/Monitor up as well as pressing the clip and then having to wiggle it around until it comes out.
None of these issues befall the much better ' Vision Plus quick release bracket' I had before and this will be returned for another one.

Oh and I have an Ergotron LX mount and that's why I decided to try this mount.

Cable micro USB Cable, 1 m [Pack of 2] France Purse - Ultra-Fast Charging - Braided Nylon Micro USB Data Cable For Samsung, Huawei, Sony, LG, HTC, Game Consoles and External Battery

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap plastic rubbish, 10 April 2017
Cheap plastic rubbish and one has already failed. Buy the Rankie steel sleeved USB cables as they are only a couple of pounds more expensive.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a 2 Year old MXQ, 10 April 2017
Crashes all the time and my old 805 MXQ is quicker and more stable. No wonder they have removed it and put a keypad in It's place.

1byone Wireless Driveway Alert, Infrared Motion Sensor with 1 Plug-in Receiver and 2 Sensors
Offered by ONE BY ONE (UK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok if your burglar walks in front of them., 10 April 2017
I bought these to try and protect a van interior but the detection angle is abysmal. The PIR sensors only seem to go off it you're directly facing them and if you are a few feet away they don't go off at all.

To be honest I have house alarm PIRs - and even a toilet light with PIR - and they have excellent detection so I don't know why these ones are so poor. I think I'm going to return these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2017 6:55 AM BST

Pro-Elec 2m 8 Way Surge Protected Extension Lead
Pro-Elec 2m 8 Way Surge Protected Extension Lead

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 Month Old And One Switch Stuck On...., 3 Dec. 2016
What Is Strange Is It Was A Switch That Was Only Used Today. No Doubt Others Will Fail Too, And Although It Is Cheap I Didn't Expect It To Be Such Poor Quality (Put It This Way, I'm Not Surprised One Of The Switches Has Failed, As The Poor Quality Switching Doesn't Inspire Confidence) Lastly As This Product Is So Poor I've Decided Not To Use It As If A Switch That Was Never Used Fails On The First Use I Don't Know Whether It Is Actually Safe To Use.

*I bought this exact product elsewhere

The Grand Tour Season 1
The Grand Tour Season 1
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Same S... Different Day, 19 Nov. 2016
I've just got around to watching it earlier and I'm seriously underwhelmed by it all. I don't know whether I've outgrown it, but there was too much waffling (& what there was was scripted BS), not enough variation of cars & and the crowning cherry on the turd is an American as the Stig :(

I must admit that on the last few series's I stopped caring, recording or/and watching it at 8, and I think this will carry on (I didn't even finish watching it before I came on the internet)

Top Gear is Better...even with Chris Evans....

KitSound Glow Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With Remote Control and Configurable Light Display Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung and Android Devices - Multi-coloured
Offered by Hurr Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by a truly terrible speaker, 26 Oct. 2016
As someone that already owns an excellent (as long as you're close enough to get a Bluetooth lock) JBL Flip Mk1 I was very disappointed with the Kitsound Glow. They both cost the same new, but the sound quality the Glow speaker outputs is so far apart (compared to the Flip) that I implore anyone that values a quality sound to avoid this like the plague.

I reckon Kitsound must of spent all the money on everything 'but' the speaker, as it seems they lifted them straight out of a Morris Ital (the sequel to the Morris Marina) The bass is virtually non existent, the mids are muddy and the highs are pretty much drowned out by the poor bass & mids.

The mode that is supposed to flash the LEDs to the music either doesn't work 'at all' or I have a defective unit? And if the battery is flat you can't use it with the power adapter, as it seems it only has enough power to just charge it.

So in short:

If you want a glowing box with a 10p speaker in it, that sounds terrible (& gets worse the higher the volume) that you can't use when the battery is flat and a party piece that doesn't work (flashing to the music) then get one when the price comes down to less than £15 (which is what I paid and to be honest that is all it is worth)

Lastly if you don't need the glowing gimmick buy something like a JBL Flip. It's only the size of a Red Bull can and sounds a hell of a lot better than this (I have one) I only bought this one as I thought it would be cool to use in my campervan (with the lights flashing to the beat) and although I could forgive that the 'beat flashing' doesn't work but, not the rubbish speaker.

Hi-Tec Badwater, Men Fitness Shoes, Grey (Citadel/Limoncello/Silver 052), 10 UK (44 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 26 Sept. 2016
For £20 these shoes are about the money, as they are very very narrow, and just a hint of dampness is enough to make you slip and slide. They do seem to be well made though, and even though the length sizing is spot on (I'm a uk10 in Hi-Tec but 11 in Adidas) if you are planing on using these on a damp/wet trail run then look for something with a far grippier sole (Vibram?)

Hi-Tec Rio Adventure Walking Shandal - SS16 - 11
Hi-Tec Rio Adventure Walking Shandal - SS16 - 11

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing and fit let these down, 11 July 2016
I bought these shoes from another retailer 'but' I cannot leave a review because I have returned them (twice) :(

The quality seemed good (although I don't know how long it would take to wear through the grip) but three other things let these down:

Sizing:

I have bought - & wear - a lot of Hi-Tec shoes and I'm 'always' a 10 but for some reason these 10s seem to be sized as a 9? (UK11s seem to be a 10)

Fit:

I have wide feet and the fit was great 'but' the strap at the top does not have enough Velcro when you want to do them up tight. This means they were very loose on my feet - but had they added an inch more they would of fitted perfectly :(

Lastly the elasticated 'lace' (it is in a loop so there is only one) had too be pulled up quite a lot to make them tight on my foot. This made quite an excess of lace that looked ridiculous tucked under the crossed lace (that is where you are suppose to put it) Oh and the one 'lace' loop is joined by electrical shrink wrap....yes really :/

Overall I think that many people will find these shoes fit well, and they are very comfortable (albeit very loose for me ((which is why they were returned))

In conclusion:

If they had made them true to size, made the lace shorter and put an extra inch of Velcro on the top strap they would of been perfect.

Darktop® 3220mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, N910, N910F, N910U 4G LTE, N910H (with NFC/Google Wallet)
Offered by OFFICIAL DARKTOP OUTLET

1.0 out of 5 stars Loses charge very quickly, 14 Mar. 2016
I don't know whether I received a bad one but I'm losing 10% of battery every 15 minutes without doing anything demanding (just browsing) In fact the original battery it replaced loses change a lot slower, and that will not even charge past 92%! At this rate the battery will be fully dead in 2 1/2 hours but I'll see if it gets better in the next few days. If not I will try and return it and buy a genuine Samsung or Anker battery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5