Profile for Mr S C Manton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressive WIFI adapter and minute too!, 6 Mar. 2017
Wow... astounding how such a powerful bit of kit can fit in such a small package. Never had any issues with USB install (even on Rasberry Pi) and when I needed it to get networked due to a duff network cable attained very similar connection speeds. Might buy a few of these just to keep handy!

Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 6 Mar. 2017
Can't rate this as it's never properly connected either my phone or headphones - the whole reason I bought this. Installing on Windows 7 64bit has been a real chore. I'm convinced a corrupt installation is preventing reinstall and it won't let me uninstall the drivers from the registry due to insufficient priveledges. Vicious circle but failed on 3 computers so given up.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2017 10:50 AM GMT

Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Better Call Saul - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob Odenkirk
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Same quality writing - but BB fans be aware it's different... I'd argue better, 6 Mar. 2017
Slower pace initially to Breaking Bad but as there is more character exploration I think this makes it necessary.As the series develops it starts to get better and better and you never know what strange twists and turns Saul's career and life's going to take. Fully absorbed and now enjoying more than BB... just wish the newer series weren't taking so long to be released.

Proxima Direct® USB to Midi Cable Keyboard to PC Laptop Adapter - For Win 7, XP Vista Mac Plug and Play

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and nasty., 6 Mar. 2017
Well, it really was a bit of a punt at that price and typically I had issues when I bought it. I did find a site where there were instructions on how to resolder it to get it to work better but I've still found that extra MIDI data such as the modulation and data wheel give garbled information. Having said that it is functional to some degree (which my older one wasn't due to no Windows 7 drivers) so at least I can play notes on my controller keyboard now.

PROFESSIONAL 48W LCD DISPLAY SOLDERING IRON STATION NEW
PROFESSIONAL 48W LCD DISPLAY SOLDERING IRON STATION NEW
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget solder station., 6 Mar. 2017
Wasn't expecting much of this product, to be honest, but I'm really pretty pleased with it. The housing is grey and no frills... even the moulding looks a little rough and cheap - especially as it's grey and the soldering iron housing is obviously a different heat resistant material so a different colour - but who cares as long as it does the job. Having said that the actual screen, controls and iron work like a charm and have made lots of very tricky soldering jobs much more manageable. I bought a couple of different sized tips as spares for different jobs and they seem to be holding up to corrosion well so haven't needed to change them yet. The solder holder can be separated from the power module as you'd expect and has a convenient little tray and sponge for tip cleaning. Has a good controllable temperature range and heats up really very quickly... just wish it was a bit more visible that it's on other than the LCD screen as it's easy to forget and leave on.
My only 2 comments on the down-side are very minor. One is the yellow soft grip on the iron (which is very nice and comfortable) tends to ride up the handle but a dab of adhesive would probably sort that. The other thing is that the power cord isn't very long so you find positioning on the bench a bit of a pain (unless you have bench sockets) and the footprint of the whole station with wires is actually pretty big.

Motorola Xoom Wireless Bluetooth Qwerty Keyboard UK (Black)
Motorola Xoom Wireless Bluetooth Qwerty Keyboard UK (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick product which looks great and complements the Xoom brilliantly, 6 Mar. 2017
This keyboard really exceeded my expectations. Motorola design is/was actually pretty good quality and nicely built. Connects quickly with no fuss and I don't believe I've even had to change the batteries yet. The other thing I like is it's nice and slim and the keys have small gaps so wiping it down of crumbs (as it's home is on the kitchen side) is nice and easy.

AmazonBasics 7- to 8-Sheet Strip Cut Shredder with CD Shred
AmazonBasics 7- to 8-Sheet Strip Cut Shredder with CD Shred

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little unit that does the job well, 6 Mar. 2017
Really quite a substantial little shredder. My only criticism is that on more than the odd occasion it tends to run on as there are obviously bits of paper blocking the sensor/switch... although usually cured by chucking more paper through it. To be honest I've used a few shredders in my time and they pretty much all suffer this problem to some degree. All in all very good for the price.

Bob Martin Vetzyme High Strength Flexible Joint, 90 Tablets
Bob Martin Vetzyme High Strength Flexible Joint, 90 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does help my dog's aging hips. Worth every ..., 6 Mar. 2017
Really does help my dog's aging hips. Worth every penny and she even thinks they are treats (so no need to hide them in bread or cheese) as they are chicken flavoured.

Canon CanoScan LiDE 120 Compact Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 120 Compact Scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars Software drivers not fit for purpose, 6 Mar. 2017
Have used this only a handful of times and the scans are reasonable. The software looks pretty good but not really had a chance to explore it as I'm continually trying to get the thing to scan. I'm very tech savvy and have been a computer user for over 28 years and I've never seen such appalling software drivers as these. Pretty much every time I come to use it I retry reinstalling drivers because it says it's either locked or the USB needs attaching or it scans with a completely black screen. No new drivers are available and I wager the unit isn't faulty as it's hardly been used and judging by the hundreds of other people having such problems with it that it's not just me.
AVOID THIS PRODUCT

Pull Out / Sliding Under Desk Keyboard Tray / Shelf with Pen Holder (Black)
Pull Out / Sliding Under Desk Keyboard Tray / Shelf with Pen Holder (Black)
Offered by Stolmet Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little keyboard shelf., 22 Oct. 2015
I'll be honest... I bought this to butcher and only use the brackets (as it was for some other purpose.) The build is actually pretty good, the plastic shelf is a bit cheap but at that price this was to be expected. However, it wasn't warped and is very functional. Arrived quick too!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3