Profile for Maggie D > Reviews

Content by Maggie D

Maggie D "MaggieD" (oxford, oxfordshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Miguel Barclay's FAST & FRESH One Pound Meals
Miguel Barclay's FAST & FRESH One Pound Meals
by Miguel Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over, Jamie, 24 Sept. 2017
This man us a flippin' genius. Simple recipes, using a judicious blend of fresh and frozen foods, in creative, imaginative and straightforward ways. The recipes are easily doubled too. He deserves his own tv show, and every student heading off to uni should be given a copy of this book - it should be the law!

Home Cooked
Home Cooked

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good twists on classics, 5 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Home Cooked (Kindle Edition)
Some surprisingly good recipes. The chicken wrapped in prosciutto with mushroom sauce has become a midweek favourite, and I have finally mastered Pad Thai following Donal's recipe

Bake Sale Cookbook: Beautiful, Bake Sale Recipes That Kids 'N' Parents Will Love!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Aug. 2017
I got the kindle version. Can't imagine the hardcopy would be any better. The recipes were illustrated by generic shutterstock photos, so I had little confidence that the recipes would have been properly tested as a consequence. It was all very lacklustre and disappointing. Don't bother. Get The Fat Witch Bake Sale instead if you are looking for ideas for cake sales

Nokia 3310 UK-SIM Free Feature Phone - Matte Blue
Nokia 3310 UK-SIM Free Feature Phone - Matte Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart, stylish, functional and practical, 1 Aug. 2017
I really can't be bothered with smartphones. I just want something to make phone calls and texts, and this is it. yes, it does have some other functionality that isn't available on the original style, but I can't see myself using it. I had a micro SIM for the smartphone I have given up on, and it all transferred across easily. I've had the phone for a week now, and the battery bar has hardly budged. Another massive benefit. it is lightweight, sleekly designed, and just a very nice, functional product. My only gripe is that Nokia have used silvery grey for the writing on the keyboard, and this makes it tricky to read sometimes in a reflective environment. I suspect a lot of customers are going to be in the older age group, with failing eyesight, and this is a significant downside. Nokia! Know your customer and do something about this for future iterations. You've lost a star rating for that. Having said that, though, i am really happy with it, and love the satisfying click of the keyboard. If you don't want/need the bells and whistles, and you aren't the type of person who wanders round with your face glued to your ruddy phone, this is seriously worth considering.

Save Money: Good Food - Family Feasts for a Fiver: Family Feasts for a Fiver (Save Money Good Food)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good choice of value, everyday recipes, 22 July 2017
I was surprised at how good this book was. Ignore the 'celebs' on the cover, this is a good, honest, practical everyday cookbook, rooted in the real world.

25 x LARGE 9x9x2 ALUMINIUM FOIL FOOD CONTAINERS TRAYS WHITE LIDS
25 x LARGE 9x9x2 ALUMINIUM FOIL FOOD CONTAINERS TRAYS WHITE LIDS
Offered by Fast Track Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars great value and endlessly useful, 28 Mar. 2017
You get lots of trays in this pack, each with a snugly-fitting lid. They are robust and roomy, and I use them to make tray-bakes for charity cake sales, brownies etc. They are also perfect for putting things like casseroles and stews in, as well as shepherd's pie, lasagne etc. Perfect for batch-cooking for the freezer, and great to take to friends, or when going away to a self-catering cottage for a long weekend or a holiday. I can't really fault them, they are great value, and I am just about to order another box, so you can't say more than that really!

Cetraben Cream 50 ml
Cetraben Cream 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricy size but very convenient, 17 Mar. 2017
this is great cream, though much better value in the 500g container. However, this size is very convenient for popping into handbags and pockets, so is worth the price. I haven't found anything better for my eczema, and believe me, I've tried them all.

In the Mood for Quick Family Food: Simple, Fast and Delicious Recipes for Every Family
by Jo Pratt

1.0 out of 5 stars So annoyed that this is 'In The Madhouse' repackaged and retitled, 7 Oct. 2016
How I wish I'd read the reviews before buying! So annoyed that this is 'In The Madhouse' repackaged and retitled. I love Jo' Pratt and thought, oh goodie, this looks like a follow-up to Madhouse, so downloaded to the kindle. What a disappointment. The original Madhouse is thoroughly recommended, full of really useful, achievable recipes for family eating. I feel cheated and let-down and have wasted seven quid, which would have bought a nice chicken!!! Publishers, STOP DECEIVING LOYAL FANS LIKE THIS

Award Winning WisePrimate Boomer Portable Bluetooth Speakers for iPhone 4,4S, 5 , 5S , 6, 6S, Mobile Phone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, S6, Galaxy, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, Microsoft Surface, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Windows Tablet, Samsung Tablet, Hudl and Asus Tablet - BLACK/BLACK. Ideal MP3 Speakers,Travel Speakers and Also Bluetooth Receiver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 9 Aug. 2016
Look, I'm no tecchie, I just wanted something wireless that would make stuff sound better through my Kindle Fire. I didn't really know what Bluetooth was, outside of Norse mythology. So I listened to other reviewers and took a gamble. It paid off. This is so simple to set up and use, and the sound quality and volume is phenomenal. Buy it!

Dinner Tonight: 200 dishes you can cook in minutes
Dinner Tonight: 200 dishes you can cook in minutes

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, inspired recipes, 18 July 2016
How does Lindsay do it? I have loads of her books, and they are all original, inventive, achievable, and I want to make and eat just about every dish!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3