Profile for G. Michael > Reviews

Content by G. Michael

G. Michael (Montreal, QC, Canada)

Cateye Micro Wireless - Black
Cateye Micro Wireless - Black
Offered by BIKESTER

3.0 out of 5 stars Are Cateye cutting back on the manufacturing costs?, 10 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Cateye Micro Wireless (Sports)
I bought this bike computer when it cost approximately £35, and was initially disappointed that Cateye seemed to be cutting back on the manufacturing costs by using cable-ties rather than the nice handlebar mount that my previous Cateye came with. I was disappointed for a second time when I had to change the battery and discovered that this reset my odometer. This annoyed me immensely because my previous Cateye was intelligent enough to remember how many miles I had cycled. If I had known that this was going to be reset then I would have taken a note of my miles. This Cateye has a few functions that I never use, and it took some getting used to the fact that the clock stops when you stop cycling. This ensures that your average speed is accurate but it doesn't tell you how long you've been out for. I suppose I could take a watch with me on my rides. I haven't got used to the backlight button on the underside of the computer - and keep hitting the menu button instead. All in all - it gets 3 out of 5 because it resets the odometer when you change the battery and because the handlebar mount seems so cheap. It is still a pretty good computer and I probably would buy it at its current price of £25 (but after comparing what else is out on the market).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 3:52 AM BST

Hospital Music
Hospital Music
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A rock and roll review, 4 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Hospital Music (Audio CD)
Matt Good's latest solo album written after a difficult period in his life is reflected in the sometimes dark nature of the lyrics beginning with Champions of Nothing. The music unpredictably becomes up-beat particularly on The Boy Come Home and Born Losers. Hospital Music is just what the doctor ordered. Matt Good fans, and any fans of rock, should not hesitate to buy this.

Avalanche
Avalanche
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Canada's best kept secrets, 12 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Avalanche (Audio CD)
Wow...since purchasing the Audio of Being I didn't think things could get any better. In my opinion Avalanche surpasses it, and I've almost been listening to it non-stop since March '03.
I'm not putting any of the previous albums down...they are all excellent for totally different reasons. Avalanche has superb lyrics and haunting tunes. The acoustic versions on the secret website (special edition cd) are unbelievable. Beautiful Midnight was my first taste of MGB - combining those tunes with playing SSX on the PS2 brings back great memories!

Odysseynumberfive
Odysseynumberfive
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This album should be on everyones' summer shopping list!, 26 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Odysseynumberfive (Audio CD)
Words cannot describe how great this album is! I listened to this album while I walked to work one day and it reminded me of summer 2001. If you are going to buy one album this summer - I'd recommend that this is the one you buy. Fantastic tunes, and it will make you smile even on the gloomiest of days.