Profile for Sarah > Reviews

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Florence & Tuscany
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Florence & Tuscany
by Christopher Catling
Edition: Flexibound

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst travel guide, lack of info, missed lots of good stuff because of it, 12 Feb. 2015
I can't believe others have rated this so high. Total lack of information, of no use at all, even the map provided is poor compared to the ones given for free by Tourist information. I decided to give DK a go this time and steer clear of the usual Lonely Planet or Rough Guides. I knew it would not have as much information but I was not expecting this guide to be so poor, in fact it's all pretty useless. Might be suitable for those who are there for one day only, but certainly not recommended for any longer stays. If you opt for this book over others you will miss out on a lot of what Florence has to offer and probably waste half a day looking online or at another guide to get more or correct information. Really gutted we chose this on the merit of other customer reviews, I will never choose a DK book again for travel. Will be sticking to LP or Rough Guides or for even more in depth information The Blue Guide to Florence.Big Disappointment.

Pentax WG-3 Waterproof Digital Camera - Purple (16MP, 4x Optical Zoom, GPS, Front Screen) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rugged Camera - Macro function alone gets 5 stars from me, 25 May 2014
Going on a few trips this year so wanted a sturdy camera that can handle on the terrains. Before buying the camera i was really tossing up between this and the olympus tough tg-2. I know Ricoh launched a newer Wg4 and the olympus was launching a TG-3 but the price mark up for few extra functions just didn't tally up. (I bought this for £149 with £20 cashback from Pentax so effectively £129). It has the most amazing microscopic macro mode, and I know this is going to be a winner when I'm in the Amazon rainforest. It's a nice little camera, bit heavier than most compacts, but it's also reassuring that this is well built.

The image quality is great and for those complaining that is not to a good level - then they are not taking into consideration that this is a 'rugged' camera - you are paying for the function of it being able to work in all conditions and even take a few knocks and scrapes. of course other 'non-rugged' cameras in this price range probably do pack a better punch with image quality (if you're blowing image size right up), but if you wanted that image quality combined with the ruggedness then you're looking to pay at least 3 times the price, so it's a case of working out what is more important to your needs.

Also image quality can immediately be stepped up by going into the menu and tweaking things such as disabling digital zoom, (so you don't accidentally zoom into that horrible soft pixellated zone), also enabling the lowest ISO to be used as default will crisp up all images taken in good light and the obvious one of image quality.

So pleased I did my research and opted for this camrera - GPS is a nice touch too!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and buy psyllium husk & multi vitamin - tastes beyond rank, 17 July 2013
I'm no stranger to these kind of drinks, each year i go off to thailand and do a master cleanse detox which involves drinking 5 drinks of psyllium husk mixed with bentonite clay with supplements for vitamins each day.
I bought bootcamp in a bottle as I thought it would be a convenient tub of all this mixed into one so i could do my own mini detox, weight loss thing here in the UK. HOW I WAS WRONG.
This is undrinkable - I don't understand why they have put stevia in the mix - the sweetness makes the whole thing taste like sick and now each time I open the tub the smell of the dry powder alone makes me wretch. Those commenting on it being bland - it's not bland, believe me it has taste, of what I assume baby sick would taste like.

Save your money and your taste buds and buy some psyllium husk, bentonite clay and mix with extremely diluted fresh juice, then just take a good multi-vitamin concoction.

The fact that they suggest taking it with a low calorie squash just proves its about the money and not health as that low calorie stuff is full of aspartame and additives, the complete opposite message they are trying to put out.

Rocina Premium Flip Case in white for Samsung N7000 Galaxy Note
Rocina Premium Flip Case in white for Samsung N7000 Galaxy Note

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made for note, not real leather, 26 Mar. 2012
After scouring the net for a good case for my Galaxy note, I decided to purchase this case. But what a waste of time - I had to wait the 2 extra days even though I opted for next day delivery and when it did arrive I was very dissapointed:

1 - It is NOT made for the galaxy note - once in place it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove your pen from the handset.

2 - The case is not "premium leather" as described - this wouldn't have even bothered me, but the price is high compared to the other "artificial Leather" cases on here.

Don't waste your time, it will note work for the Note.

Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD]
Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Grover
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every second - hilarious!, 17 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD] (DVD)
This is the funniest film I have seen in ages. Some super crazy scenes but boy are they funny.
This isn't anything what I thought it would be, but I was more than pleasantly suprised. Amazing cast, amazing film highly recommended!