Profile for JohnOShea > Reviews

Content by JohnOShea

JohnOShea

Big Fellow, Long Fellow. A Joint Biography of Collins and De Valera: A Joint Biography of Irish politicians Michael Collins and Eamon De Valera

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent information., 16 Jan. 2014
As a young boy I was brought up in the Republic of Ireland. I left at the age of fifteen with only a glimmer of how my country came to be a Republic. This book has filled in all of the blank spaces and I am very grateful to the writer for providing me with so much information about a country I still love after fifty years away.

A Measure of Danger: The Memoirs of Legendary War Correspondent Michael Nicholson: Memoirs of a British War Correspondent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading., 26 Dec. 2013
This book brought back long lost memories from wars I had l forgotten about and had passed into history. He has a wealth of inside knowledge exposing the lies about the war in Iraq, when we all knew it was about OIL.
His account of the Vietnam war is unsurpassed, I have read many accounts of that war mostly written by Americans which I took with a large pinch of scepticism.
He was not afraid of exposing politicians who took us to war for their own ends, Bush and Blair spring to mind. What a callous pair of bas***ds they are.
I am an ex soldier and many of comrades lie in graves because of them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 8:02 PM BST

Book 1. Warning Order Belize (British Army On The Rampage)
Book 1. Warning Order Belize (British Army On The Rampage)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very interesting., 4 Jun. 2013
I can't believe I bought this book, after serving 24 years in the army I believe my life was far more interesting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 12:20 PM BST