Profile for M. Russell > Reviews

Content by M. Russell

M. Russell (Whitacre Heath, Warwickshire United Kingdom)

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 25 May 2015
One of the most moving books I have ever read. Moved me to tears, beautifully written, will stay with me for a long time..........

The Love Verb
The Love Verb
by Jane Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just brilliant!, 27 July 2010
This review is from: The Love Verb (Hardcover)
I have not read many of Jane Greens books, however for some reason this one really appealed. Am delighted that I bought it and read it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. A real page turner and so blooming emotional in parts. I actually yelled out loud at one point, frightened the bejaysus out of hubs who was also reading his own book at the time. Have now passed it on to my friend to read. Buy it, read it and enjoy it :-)

Anne's Song
Anne's Song
by Anne Nolan

5.0 out of 5 stars Distressing at times, 3 April 2008
This review is from: Anne's Song (Hardcover)
I bought the book in Ireland on Friday 28th March, had it read by the time I got home to England Sunday 30th. I found it rivetting but also very disturbing in places. Anne has bared her soul about what her father put her through, very brave lady indeed. The book is Anne's story which the first reviewer needs to realise, it centres on what happened to her as a young child and how it shaped her life. If you want pictures I suggest you buy a newspaper or magazine, the book is what it is.

I would recommend it, although as a Nolans fan growing up, and having had the great pleasure of meeting both Anne and Maureen, it makes you realise that what we see on the outside is not always the truth.

Good luck Anne
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2009 11:37 PM GMT

Be Careful What You Wish For
Be Careful What You Wish For
by Alexandra Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gym buddy, 19 Jan. 2006
Loved loved loved this book. My first AP book, but she is well and truly added to my list of fave authors. I started reading Be Careful.............last week, have been to the gym every day and have read this book whilst doing 30 mins exercise bike each visit. Am now very upset to have finished it, but shall be ordering others by her.

Champ (1973) (Ws Sub) [DVD] [1979] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Champ (1973) (Ws Sub) [DVD] [1979] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the saddest films of all time, 15 Jan. 2004
I first saw this film at cinemas when it was released all those years ago. After seeing it once I returned to see it 4 more times at the cinema and each time I cried like a baby. Even 20 odd years on (I now own it on video AND DVD) I can watch it and break down crying almost immediately the opening credits show. The most amazing performances by Ricky Schrooder and Jon Voight. You know how normally kids in american movies are soooooooooooo sickly sweet and so obviously "actors", Ricky as TJ would melt the heart of anyone, man, woman or child. It has been shown on British TV many many times over the years and often I've been channel hopping and have come across a showing of it, you can guarantee regardless of which point I catcht he film, I will be bawling in seconds.
Get it, watch it, I dare you - and I challenge even the hardest person out there not to cry..........
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2016 11:48 AM BST