Profile for Grandma B. > Reviews

Djeco Dragon Stencils
Djeco Dragon Stencils
Offered by UltiBuy

5.0 out of 5 stars We love dragons., 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Djeco Dragon Stencils (Toy)
I bought the dragons for my 4 yr old twin grandsons to use when they visit me. I was getting a bit fed up with farmyard animals (just outlines)! I think the dragons are a bit advanced because the boys insist on joining the lines and don't appreciate the artistic nature of the stencils BUT we all love them and they do seem durable. I want to try them out on 6 yr old (artistic) brother.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., 6 Feb. 2011
My grandson asked for this toy for his birthday and was very pleased tp receive it. His Dad was also pleased that it's still made. I'm amazed at what can be done with it. by Grandma.

No et moi
No et moi
by Delphine de Vigan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars At last., 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: No et moi (Mass Market Paperback)
I've wanted to read this novel for quite a while, ever since it was serialised on Radio 4 in fact, but I wanted to read it in French. I intended to get it when I was in France in Sweptember but forgot the name of the author. I was impressed with the ease and speed with which I got it on Amazon plus it's a Livre de Poche.
It's a very good read, a little bit "oh it's the very clever girl who loves the naughty boy in her class, has a depressed mother and befriends a homeless girl" yet the characters are all loveable and the ending is realistic even though it has sentimental aspects. I really enjoyed it and am not surprised it's nbeen translated into 20? languages.

Tabby McTat
Tabby McTat
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Another really good one from Julia Donaldson., 1 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Tabby McTat (Hardcover)
As a Grandma, I always look forward to another Julia Donaldson to read to my grandsons. I've read this to the 4 year old but I think the (almost) 6 year old will like it better. The story is warm with nice people (especially the busker) AND cats, a winning combo.The illustrations, by Alex Scheffler, are as wonderful as ever.