Profile for C. Edwards > Reviews

Gypo [DVD] [2005]
Gypo [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Pauline McLynn
Offered by FilmloverUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Obviously low budget, but a difficult story well told, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Gypo [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
An unlikely relationship develops between Helen,a put upon mother to three and grandmother to one and Tasha, a young Eastern European woman: a Roma forced to flee and living in fear with her mother. The story is told in threefold from the perspective of Helen, Tasha and Helen's husband Tasha. Each person's perspective covering the same time frame but revealing a different perspective on the truth and a little more of the story each time.

Blue Gate Crossing [2002] [DVD]
Blue Gate Crossing [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bo-Lin Chen
Offered by same_day_sender

4.0 out of 5 stars a gentle depiction of the journey through youth to adulthood, 14 April 2011
This slow, quiet film beautifully portrays young people exploring feelings of love for the first time by telling a Cyrano De Bergerac(the play)tale of a girl wooing a boy for the sake of her best friend. The film is simple and has a nostalgic tone but it also has an extremely well observed and tender look at young people: how they precieve their fellows and how they communicate.
I particularly liked the way the film showed the physicality and communication style of its characters. Elsewhere this film has been chriticised for being monosyllabic and slow. I think these are the films strengths, being a truthfull portrayal of how young people really communicate. It wont rock your world, but it might just leave you feeling warm and cosy

Good Girl Catnip Powder Cat Toy
Good Girl Catnip Powder Cat Toy
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Different cats like different catnip?, 17 Mar. 2011
Contrary to the first reviewer's experience I have a cat that is immune to catnip generally. I had tried all sorts of different sources, treats and makes to no avail eventually giving up all hope of the joy of seeing my cat enthralled. A colleague from work said that her cat was similar, but there was one catnip that made her cat go wild. he brought some in to work yesterday and last night I tried it. Instant success< Kitty was so active with her scratching post she pulled it down on top of her after a good deal of time rubbing and chewing like a crazy thing! All I can think is that this must suit some cats and I think it may have slightly different ingredients to other catnip treats as it does smell slightly different. Definitely try it if your cat isnt enamoured of catnip

Jam Making and Preserving - Pack Of 6 - 190ml Round Glass Food Jar With Gold Twist Off Lids (Choice Of 5 Lid Colours)
Offered by CooksCentral

4.0 out of 5 stars decent jars, slightly fiddly lids, 1 Dec. 2010
It may just be that they are brand new, but I noticed when I checked the jars after closing them and before popping them in the fridge thay all needed a little extra turn. Otherwise a good solid product.

Villa Amalia [DVD] (2009)
Villa Amalia [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Isabelle Huppert

4.0 out of 5 stars Oddly enthralling, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Villa Amalia [DVD] (2009) (DVD)
Practically nthing happens and less is said in this film. Still I found myself engrossed from beginning to end. This is a film told in pictures. Somepeople might call it art house and it might be, but I think its too accessible to be pigeon holed as such.Although it has a different style and many people would bedriven out of the room by its slow pace, if that doesn't put you off itis worth watching. am notsure if I will seeit again, but it was well worth watching and some of the scenes are qute beautiful.

Between Here & Gone
Between Here & Gone
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it is her best album, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Between Here & Gone (Audio CD)
I had this as mp3 music and lost it ina computer crash, I know back up! But it is such a beautiful album I didn't hesitate to buy it straight away. This album marks a bit of a style shift for her from the more country to a mellower sound. It is a poignant album, very moving and a little sad at times, but it is far from maudlin and is a great one to croon along to at the same time. An absolute favourite.

Sub Bug
Sub Bug

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fun, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Sub Bug (Toy)
This little bug has been hours of fun.He was bought to entertain our cat,who loves to watch water and all things in water. He whizzes around the bath shooting off in all directions. If you are in the bath the little blighter is so insistent I find myself lifting my legs to let him get by (but then I'm 45 and fill the bath a bit more than I should). We now have a ten minute period post bath so Kitty can watch him before we drain. He doesn't like hair in the bath as this tangles his propeller, although this is easily remedied I recomend not washingyour hair: after all it takesages and Kitty is waiting Very light on batteries andwell worth the money, although expensive for this type of toy it is way way more fun than wind up ones. I am sure that children would enjoy it too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 7:30 AM BST

Seasons Of My Soul
Seasons Of My Soul
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Voice, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Seasons Of My Soul (Audio CD)
I don't know how to categorise this album.She has been likened to Karen Capenter, there are similarities with Sarah Mclachlan, but that is to miss the point. Rumer's voice is herown, its a beautiful one and most of the tracks are good, some are incredible, goosebump raising. I think with the right people around her Rumer will be a big name in the future, her following is already growing fast.

Obadiah
Obadiah

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this is music, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Obadiah (Audio CD)
Its great,the music is varied,with that 'Be Goods'updated blugrass sound still there, but it has much more than that. In her first solo Frazey has expanded her style a bit. The msic is truly good and her voice is as beautiful and poignant as ever. I have to say I do find myself skipping the last couple of tracks and starting again from the beginning quite often, but its good. There is real musicianship here. This album is a keeper

Cosi Log
Cosi Log

3.0 out of 5 stars My Kitty has Faux-Furry-logophobia, but my freinds felines fight over it, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Cosi Log
Absolutely lovely, yes its a bit silly, but if you are then you will love its cute, cartooney mushrooms and butterflys. Sadly Kitty wouldn't go in it even with treats to tepmt her. My friends cats love it though andthey fight over who gets to go in they love it so much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6