Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Kindle Customer

The Girl in the Photograph
The Girl in the Photograph

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book well worth reading, 18 Aug. 2015
This book is great. It immediately immerses the reader into the story and I found once I started reading I could not put it down! I quickly cared about the characters and what happens to them. I liked the way the two time lines were interwoven and the manner in which the stories came together. The mixture of mystery and ghost story worked really well and at times very atmospheric. It was one of those rare books that you can become absorbed in and I missed the characters once I finished it. I read another one of Kate Riordan's novels straight afterwards and look forward to reading more of her novels in the future. Thoroughly recommend this book and author.

Guilty Wives
Guilty Wives

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing story, good read, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Guilty Wives (Kindle Edition)
The book quickly draws you into the story. Initially it was a little hard to like the four wives, other than the main character Abbie, the others are all stereotypical. The conversation of the British characters has clearly been written by someone who is not British, and the reference to 007 did make me cringe! That said I enjoyed the story, you cannot over analyse as the plot has holes, some fairly big ones! However, as you read further into the book you begin to care and root for Abbie, as the sense of injustice and unfairness is well conveyed. It makes you think twice about travelling to France! Her character is not really explained, she just seems remarkably resilient. I would have liked a bit more of an explosive ending, the entire book builds to it and it was a little flat, no real twists as you pretty much suspect the real killers. All in all I would recommend this book, it is an easy read and once you start you quickly become engrossed.

Shame
Shame

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Shame (Kindle Edition)
A good book which I thoroughly enjoyed. Easy reading style, likeable characters with a good dose of suspense. I found the ending a little predictable. Possibly at times some of the relationships between the lead characters stretched reality, but then this is fiction. Overall well worth a read.

Unintended Consequences (Innocent Prisoners Project Book 1)
Unintended Consequences (Innocent Prisoners Project Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 19 Aug. 2014
A good read, I was drawn into the story from page one. Easy reading and the author builds suspense well. The book neatly gathers pace as it's heads to the end. The ending was a little superficial, but in fairness I was still hooked right up to the last page. Whilst not an original plot, it is well crafted and the reader is drawn into the moral dilemma faced by one of the lead characters, which inevitably makes you think what you would have done in the same circumstances.
As book one in a series some time is spent developing characters, and my only small criticism is that I found some of these chapters a bit drawn out and wanted to get back to the story at hand.
I have pre ordered the next book as I enjoyed this book and was impressed enough to want to read more.

Accused (A. Scott Fenney)
Accused (A. Scott Fenney)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 10 Aug. 2014
Easy to read and very quickly I found myself drawn in. The main character is likeable, although a little too good to be true defending his ex wife. I did not care for her character, but this was intentional given the way in which she was portrayed, but it meant I did not care whether she was innocent or guilty. A little bit of a shame given the climax of the book is her trial. That said I still enjoyed it and would read more by the author.

No Show
No Show

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: No Show (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked as soon as I started reading this book. The story moves quickly and keeps you engaged, liked the way the plot developed and built to the ending.

Would certainly recommend it.

Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels)
Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, my favourite to date!, 27 Feb. 2014
I love Nathan Heller! His character is so well written and the historical setting is vividly recreated. I happened upon this author by chance and read three books one after the other, would certainly recommend this book. Great read, well crafted storyline and authentic characters, thoroughly engaging and enjoyable. This book is my favourite, but all the ones I have read are well written. I thought knowing some of the history about this murder would make the book lack suspense, but that was not the case at all, thanks to the superb writing and fiction and non fiction inter woven seamlessly.

A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)
A Wanted Man (Jack Reacher, Book 17)

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of A Wanted Man, 11 Oct. 2012
I read this book having read other Jack Reacher novels and was disappointed. Certainly not my favourite and I even found it a little boring at times. The story was even more far fetched than usual and did not really get going until the end. The plot seemed to jerk in different directions and I guess what you would call the twist was just a bit strange, not entirely sure it fitted the storyline. Plenty of typical Jack Reacher action, but really only towards the end and by then I was not sure I cared enough about the characters to really be involved in the outcome. Whilst the plots are somewhat predictable in the other novels they have always been enjoyable, I found this one too obvious and for me it stretched what credibility exists with the character, especially the last few chapters. I hope the next novel restores my faith.