Profile for M. Newell > Reviews

Content by M. Newell

M. Newell "Matt" (England)

BenQ GW2750HM 27-inch Full HD LED Monitor
BenQ GW2750HM 27-inch Full HD LED Monitor

3.0 out of 5 stars OK. But the BenQ GW2760HS is better for a similar price, 7 Jan. 2014
I bought this monitor only for use with my Xbox and for watching films/tv through my laptop. However, it arrived with a dead pixel so I arranged for its return.

After reading additional reviews online, as well as on the BenQ website, I decided to replace this monitor with a BenQ GW2760HS. The prices are very similar but I found that the GW2760HS receives considerably better reviews compared to the GW2750HM. The GW2760HS also appears to be an upgrade / newer model to the GW2750HM in many respects (please see online reviews, particularly the BenQ website for more info).

Personally, I found that the GW2760HS produces colours better than the GW2750HM and it has yet to cause me any "eye-fatigue" (unlike the GW2750HM which did cause a bit of this). This is likely attributed to its "flicker-free technology".
Also, the monitor buttons on the GW2750HM are placed on the right-hand side of the monitor which is where my speakers sit and so they often got in my way. On the GW2760HS, these buttons are on the bottom of the monitor which suits me better. The bezel on the GW2750HM is much thicker too, which makes it look much less modern.

As far as I could tell, both appear(ed) to have excellent black-levels. I found both easy to set-up. And I didn't notice any lag on either monitor (but then again, I don't play FPS games).

I can't say that the GW2750HM was a bad monitor, but I would strongly recommend checking out the BenQ GW2760HS before you make a final decision.
(I have owned my GW2760HS for a month now and I am still very pleased with it).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2014 2:03 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality, non-bulky, leather wallet holds my cash securely, 30 Nov. 2013
I've had this wallet for just over one month now. I was looking for a good quality, non-bulky wallet, which could hold some cash and cards, and could fit in my back jeans pocket comfortably (even when sat down).

This wallet appears to tick all my boxes very well.
-All 6 card slots have been in use for over one month, they fit snugly and there doesn't appear to be any wear/tear to the wallet.
-The wallet is particularly thin (even when loaded with cash and 6 cards) and sitting down whilst it's in my back pocket is still comfortable.
-The wallet appears to be made from real leather (it feels and smells like it anyway).
-The clip is coloured silver and holds cash very well. It 'locks' into open/closed positions, and I'm happy report that no money has fallen out of the wallet or been damaged by the clip. I feel very confident that this wallet will continue to hold my cash (and cards) safely and securely.

The bad:
-The silver-coloured money clip now has a few tiny nicks, due to general wear/tear, which has revealed (a tiny bit of) its darker-coloured metal underneath.
-If you have a large number of cards (over a dozen), a large bundle of cash (a good few dozen notes, I'm assuming), or any loose change which you like to keep in the wallet, then you might want to go for a more sizeable wallet.

Conclusion:
-I am very pleased with this wallet. It was exactly what I was looking for and, as long as my criteria remains the same, I would happily purchase this wallet, or one very similar, again.
-Delivery was on-time, and I purchased the wallet for £24.99 on 21/10/13.

Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD)
Warcraft 3 - Gold Edition (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember To Get Your Latest Patch / Update, 17 April 2013
To receive the latest patch for this game (and there's one waiting if you've just installed the game) click on the 'Battle.net' button on the main screen.
Amongst other things, it gives you more options when selecting your screen resolution (my game plays in full-screen mode now, whereas it could not before).

A complete list of all the changes included in the latest patch can be found on the URL below:
[...]

I'm not going to review the game itself since any of the 5* reviews does this game enough justice :)

Samsung Protective Transparent TPU Case for Galaxy S3 - Blue
Samsung Protective Transparent TPU Case for Galaxy S3 - Blue
Offered by kontramobile

5.0 out of 5 stars A nail biting review!, 16 Aug. 2012
I have owned my case for a couple of weeks now and I am very please with it. I haven't dropped my phone (touch wood) and there is no damage or noticeable wear and tear to my case so far.

THE GOOD:
- Protection is afforded to the back, sides, top and bottom of the phone without it getting in the way of the screen or front screen buttons.
- Protection is also afforded to the power button and volume rocker but these buttons are still accessible as the case is flexible.
- The case fits perfectly and securely without adding any noticeable bulk or weight.
- Size-appropriate holes have been cut out of the case for the camera, light and mic - with a "grill" for the back speaker.
- Flaps have been cut into the material for where the audio jack and charger are plugged in which, when closed, create a very tight seal that would prevent dust, et cetera, from getting into those holes. I'm quite confident that when closed these flaps would also stop fluids.
- The flaps don't look like they are going to break off any time soon.
- The case also affords much better grip of the phone.
- I use my phone a lot and I often play games on it but I haven't noticed or felt any additional heat coming from the phone.
- I bought a blue case for my blue S3 and I am satisfied with the way it looks - although I only really look at the screen (the case doesn't get in the way of the screen at all).

THE BAD:
- If you have no fingernails you may struggle to open a closed flap covering the audio jack or charger holes. (I have very short fingernails but I have always been able to open these flaps, although sometimes I have struggled a little).