Profile for Fengirl > Reviews

Content by Fengirl

Fengirl "Fengirl" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Belial Children (The Belial Series Book 5)
The Belial Children (The Belial Series Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Children, 25 July 2015
I found 'The Belial Children' just as compelling as the previous books, but it did feel a bit less substantial and also unfinished as the ending hangs a bit. There seemed to be gaps as in; just how did the teenagers get a huge cat down a sheer cliff face?. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the book (apart from an unnecessary expletive) and have already started to read the final chapters of the tale in Book 6, but perhaps the pace will pick up again as all of the ends get tied up. Once again 'Fact or Fiction?' at the end is nearly as interesting as the book itself, but I digress, must get back to my reading!

The Belial Library (The Belial Series Book 2)
The Belial Library (The Belial Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just getting better, 22 July 2015
A fitting successor to the Belial Stone, just as much action, not even as much bad language and a little more info about the lead characters - pleased to see such strong women
The story has moved on from the Stone to a search for artefacts ancient yet technologically far in advance of what we have now; fascinating, full of miracles, coincidences, genius - but HEY! it's not a textbook so clear your diary and enjoy - I did.
One or two typos, but again far fewer than the first book

The Belial Ring (The Belial Series Book 3)
The Belial Ring (The Belial Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 22 July 2015
Off on another tangent in this wonderfully inventive series - in the second half there comes a WHAT? NO!!!! moment; so unexpected that I had to go back and reread in case I had misunderstood. There is a new puzzle, too, in the shape of Victoria - excellent stuff.
There is quite a lot of back tracking to remind you of what has gone before, even a few chapters ago, so I suppose that these books would stand alone; but why deprive yourself of a really good reading experience?
The Author's notes are a helpful read too as in 'Fact or Fiction'. Surprising events turn out to be factual - education without pain?

The Belial Stone (The Belial Series Book 1)
The Belial Stone (The Belial Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 14 July 2015
This is a gripping, rip roaring, fast action story and a clever blend of themes. There IS bad language in it, but mostly from one character who, to be honest, was under more stress at the time than most of us would be able to handle. I have read the author's notes at the back but there are still typos and spell checker errors in the text (also in 'Fact or Fiction') - irritating but I was enjoying the tale too much to stop and note down each one. Now, I must stop chatting and get on with reading the Belial Library......NOW!

Aztec Gold (Alicia Myles Book 1)
Aztec Gold (Alicia Myles Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 July 2015
Unfortunately, I didn't read every single word of the synopsis of this book before I bought it. I quite fell for the introductory piece and was stunned to find the bad language in the first couple of pages of the story. Shame as the title suggested promise, so I am now one very disappointed reader

The Brands Who Came For Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands Book 1)
The Brands Who Came For Christmas (The Oklahoma Brands Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 7 July 2015
Tedious, plodded along until I dropped off

Zen Garden (Music for Deep Sleep, Meditation, Spa, Healing, Relaxation)
Zen Garden (Music for Deep Sleep, Meditation, Spa, Healing, Relaxation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Calming, 7 July 2015
I just love this music, great to play as background to yoga practise, or to relax before sleep

World's Biggest Crossword
World's Biggest Crossword

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it get better?, 7 July 2015
This review is from: World's Biggest Crossword (App)
Perhaps this gets more difficult as you go on, but I got bored with it

Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World
Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new outlook, 7 July 2015
Loved this, an insight into a completely different way of life - perhaps one that we secretly yearn for, with modifications of course. Being modern and of this world; I don't think that I could submit to being told that my dress and hair would be exactly the same as that of every other woman. The Amish certainly seem to have found peace though by their faith and their simple life, and their old have no need to fear abandonment - unlike some in our world

Symbology
Symbology

2.0 out of 5 stars What's it all about?, 7 July 2015
This review is from: Symbology (App)
Didn't make an ounce of sense

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20