Profile for S. McArdle > Reviews

Content by S. McArdle

S. McArdle (Spain)

DVdDRx DVD&CD Automatic Disc repair system
DVdDRx DVD&CD Automatic Disc repair system

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been called the Ronseal Dr... Does what it says on the tin...., 4 Jan. 2008
My son is not to careful with his play station games and over the last year he has been building up a growing collection of games that have stopped playing due to surface scratches.

This product fixed almost all of them on the first attempt. Only one game still would not play, after another 3 cleans most of the deep scratches had been removed but small scratches remained some were actually caused by the Skip Dr itself. No problem, 5 minutes with a jewelery cleaning cloth sorted them out and, IT WORKED.... Great, saved me about 200 euros in replacement games

Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework
Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework
by Rod Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any Spring developer, 2 Aug. 2005
My first introduction to Spring was like many other peoples introduction, through Rods earlier books on J2EE programming. I have always been a fan of Rods writing since working with him for a short while in London on a financial project. During this time he introduced me to the concept of AOP and we had several technical discussions on this and ORM's, specifically hibernate. So when this book was announced I put in my advanced order and waited, and waited, and waited... Well the wait was worth it.
This book is now one of my main reference guides and most of the pages are already dog eared from use. As a consultant I have in recent projects exploited all opportunities to introduce the Spring Framework where I can. This hasn't always been easy as most large organisations seem to resist open source projects in general and new open source projects in particular, opting for expensive COTS products and the perception that they have somebody to hold accountable. But once I get the chance to bring Spring in, there is no looking back, I have even introduced it into one project through stealth after an initial management negative reception under the context of it being just another jar file (not a framework) like all the other jars we use in our project and management then just don't seem to care. The benefits become apparent almost from day zero which then encourages other team members and other teams to Spring (pun intended) to life. This book has opened up some new avenues of Spring use to me through its content, ideas and the newer 1.2 features available. I would recommend and encourage everybody with an interest in the Spring Framework to buy this book and read it from cover to cover. If I had one criticism regarding this book it would the index from which I seem to have difficulty finding what I want.
Great job guys, and I am looking forward to the 1.3 release.