Profile for Ellie > Reviews

WOODWICK SCENTED CANDLE SUMMER FRUITS TRILOGY 10OZ JAR
WOODWICK SCENTED CANDLE SUMMER FRUITS TRILOGY 10OZ JAR
Offered by Casa Candles

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the smell?, 21 April 2016
I normally love woodwick candles but this one didn't smell of much. Same great crackle though.

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer Eau de Toilette 100 ml
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer Eau de Toilette 100 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Too sweet, 7 Jan. 2015
This is not at all like the Elizabeth Arden green tea classic smell. Get that one instead! This one is less subtler, is sweeter, and felt much trashier.

Creativ 30 x 17 x 5 cm 1-Piece Wooden Large Serving Tray with Handles
Creativ 30 x 17 x 5 cm 1-Piece Wooden Large Serving Tray with Handles
Offered by Creativ company

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite small and low quality, 7 Jan. 2015
I thought this could be a breakfast tray but it wouldn't hold very much. Ignore the 'large' in the description - it is not. Also the wood seems quite low quality, and looks unfinished rather than rustic.

Set Of 2 Colours Womens/Ladies Thermal Underwear Rib Jacquard Long Sleeve Vest White & Pink, 8/10
Offered by one-stop-eshop

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure they kept me that warm when temperature hit sub-zero, 7 Jan. 2015
I got these for a trip to Bolivia where night-time temperature was expected to go below zero. I'm not sure they protected me that much from the cold, even though I layered them up and wore other items on top. Also, really static and very little elasticity. I would probably recommend just getting the cashmere thermals for a little bit more £££.

Luxury Genuine Leather designer quilted Gold and creamy case/Back cover for iphone 4 4S

4.0 out of 5 stars This phone case is pretty bling, 7 Jan. 2015
This phone case is pretty bling, and reception from my middle class friends was not great. But who cares, I really liked it while I had it. After a few months, the cream quilted back acquired a sickly mossy shade, but that is to be expected I think. The gold also started peeling off, but again, to be expected. I was pleased with the purchase.

New Girl - Season 2 [DVD]
New Girl - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zooey Deschanel

3.0 out of 5 stars New Girl hasn't aged well, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: New Girl - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
New Girl was great when I first watched it, but it has really not aged well since. I can't really bear to watch the DVDs now (I bought both seasons) because all the characters except Schmidt irritate me, especially Winston. People like him should not be able to harass me from TV.

SAVFY® for iPad mini / iPad mini 2 with Retina display Ultra-Thin Magnetic Flip Smart Cover Case Stand + Rubberized Transparent Hard Back Case Shell, with Auto Sleep and Wake Function for Apple iPad mini 2012 version, includes Bonus: Screen Protector and Stylus Pen (Smart Cover + HardBack Case, Sky Blue)

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not get if propping the iPad up is important to you - otherwise great, 7 Jan. 2015
This was fiiiine, but you should note the triangle propping doesn't work. As soon as you fold the back cover into the triangle, it flops back down. If propping is important to you, I recommend getting the more expensive but official iPad cover. If not, this is perfect - it looks pretty and protects the iPad well.

The Office - An American Workplace - Season 8
The Office - An American Workplace - Season 8
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

3.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS A DUTCH DVD (later bought the English copy - still give it 3 stars), 7 Jan. 2015
NOTE: THIS IS A DUTCH DVD. I had to return my copy because it was dubbed and the menu was all in Dutch.

I then bought the proper English copy. I am not sorry I bought this, but I don't think it's comparable to the 6 seasons featuring Steve Carell. Also, Catherine Tate almost ruined the series for me - she is an unbearable individual, I don't understand the casting decision here.

Rentokil Beacon FM86 Rodent Mouse and Rat Repellent
Rentokil Beacon FM86 Rodent Mouse and Rat Repellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't seen the mouse since but still hear scuttling, 7 Jan. 2015
I have not physically SEEN the mouse since getting this repellent but I hear scuttling sometimes and remain unconvinced this is fully working.

The Mandarins (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
The Mandarins (Harper Perennial Modern Classics)
by Simone de Beauvoir

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging for the most part, 7 Jan. 2015
I really enjoy Simone de Beauvoir's writing and for the most part, this novel was engaging. However, the novel is written with two interwoven narratives and I found Anne's (SdB's fictional counterpart, of sorts) chapters a bit dreary and self-indulgent at times. She writes about her (extra-marital, but sanctioned) lover in a cloying manner and I felt it was a bit too cringey for me. The third person chapters were fine though. Also, it's a fairly chunky book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6