Profile for Gene Simmons > Reviews

Content by Gene Simmons

Gene Simmons (Northants)

Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - Black (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Offered by GOLDEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice and Sidetone works great, 16 April 2016
This is the first headset I've had for my PS4 and I love it. Quality is awesome, used it a lot in Star Wars Battlefront and you can hear everything that's happening all around you! I've been told that the quality of my mic is very clear too.

As for the Sidetone (Mic Monitoring), this *does* work. Not sure what people are expecting, you're not supposed to hear yourself, it's supposed to be subtle so that you don't feel like your ears are blocked. I can hear people in the same room as me talking when it's turned on and it doesn't sound like I've got a cold when I talk, perfect. If you switch it off you can definitely notice a big difference.

You can use these on other devices too, wireless on my laptop (with supplied wireless USB adapter) and wired on my iPad via a headphone jack.

DelTex® 20 x Stylus Touch Pen For NINTENDO DS LITE NDSL NDS DSL
DelTex® 20 x Stylus Touch Pen For NINTENDO DS LITE NDSL NDS DSL
Offered by DMB Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown, 11 Sept. 2013
Stylus quality is fine. However daughter was looking forward to a rainbow of colours, you only get black, white, blue & pink so picture is very misleading.

Hell Or Hallelujah
Hell Or Hallelujah

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Hell Or Hallelujah (MP3 Download)
Great song by the worlds greatest band. Sits somewhere between Revenge & Sonic Boom with a little 80's KISS thrown in for good measure.

Sony BDPS390 SMART Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player
Sony BDPS390 SMART Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great player, 10 Feb. 2012
Took a chance on this and bought it before reading any reviews. Compared to other players with built in wifi this is well priced, quality is very very good. Setup was a breeze, including wifi setup thanks to having WPS support. After an update it has iPlayer support which works very well (including HD) but sadly does not have 4 on Demand or ITV Player as of yet (Demand 5 is on there too). Design of the player is nice, no display to speak off but has a very small profile, much smaller than the 380.

Menu system is just like on the PS3 only slightly more sluggish. The small remote works well and it there is also an Android app that can be used as a remote, very useful for typing into the search box on iPlayer.

The s390 has DLNA support and has played HD videos off my NAS without problem. The only downside to this is there is no DIVX support!! You may need to encode as XVID instead, this has knocked a star off for me. Haven't tried USB support yet, but I understand it will work with NTFS.

One thing that did cross my mind when setting it up, for not a lot more you could have a PS3 which does have DIVX support. When you consider this doesn't come with an HDMI cable but the PS3 does, the price gap isn't that big!

Overall great blu-ray player, upscales DVD's well, nice interface and so far no problems.

Edit:
Have used the LoveFilm app since the weekend, menu is different to the PS3 version (it's better in my opinion). Quality is very good, LF isn't HD but it still looks great from this player. Currently there is no ITV or C4 player.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 9:40 AM GMT

Miss Spider's Harvest Time Hop and Fly  (Nintendo DS)
Miss Spider's Harvest Time Hop and Fly (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD Dixie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for yound kids, 25 Sept. 2010
My 4 year old daughter loves this game, only uses 1 screen for the gameplay and no stylus but the graphics are pretty good for this type of game. Much better than those templated 'Postman Pat' type games.

De'Longhi EC270 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine
De'Longhi EC270 15-Bar Pump Espresso Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee!, 5 April 2009
Makes fantastic coffee, easily as good as the stuff I've been paying £2.20 a cup for recently! Easy to use (warms up in seconds), easy to clean and so far great results every time. It's small compared to some of the other coffee makers about but it's nice & sturdy and a great choice for my 1st machine.

Only minor issues I've had are that water seems to leak slightly if you use the supplied pods (maybe I didn't push them in far enough). Also, the milk frother doesn't stick out very far so can be a little awkward to use.

Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Appetiser/Dip Bowl Set/5 Cream
Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Appetiser/Dip Bowl Set/5 Cream

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but..., 23 Dec. 2007
It was smashed to pieces when it arrived. Nice one. I'm sure my wife will be over the moon on xmas morning (as there's no time to replace it before then!).

Edit: Amazon kindly sent out a replacement very very quickly (with us by the 27th dec!). Thanks Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2009 4:51 PM GMT