Profile for MauriceP > Reviews

Content by MauriceP

MauriceP

Pimsleur Basic Norwegian (Simon & Schuster's Pimsleur)
Pimsleur Basic Norwegian (Simon & Schuster's Pimsleur)
by Paul Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love the Pimsleur approach, 2 May 2016
I just love the Pimsleur approach. It's great for confidence building and you get going really quickly. Hardly seems like any time since I started and already I'm feeling confident that I'll be able to manage on my holiday in Norway. It's just as good as the other great language products I've used from Pimsleur in the past...I can see why I keep coming back for new languages.

Camping France 2014 (Michelin Camping Guides)
Camping France 2014 (Michelin Camping Guides)
by Michelin

5.0 out of 5 stars Directions were always right and easy to follow, 30 Dec. 2014
We decided to just go to France and work our way round as the whim took us. Not a dud site and the guide took us to some really interesting little towns that we would have missed otherwise.

Directions were always right and easy to follow. The descriptions were always helpful and accurate. What more could you ask for?

If clean and basic does it for you then go for the Municipal sites.

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Great combo of Daltry and Johnson, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
Great combo of Daltry and Johnson. Real go to album when I need to get my head down and crack on with work.

16 Piece Revolving Spice Jar Rack
16 Piece Revolving Spice Jar Rack
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present. They were ecstatic when they ..., 30 Dec. 2014
Bought as a present. They were ecstatic when they opened it at Christmas. Job done!

PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER RECYCLES ECO FIRE FREE FUEL BRICK BLOCK NEWSPAPER
PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER RECYCLES ECO FIRE FREE FUEL BRICK BLOCK NEWSPAPER
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars I was a bit concerned that it seemed so flimsy ..., 30 Dec. 2014
I was a bit concerned that it seemed so flimsy...but I was wrong. It really does the job. I haven't got into the swing of making sure i've enough paper breaking down in water to keep a constant flow. But first experiments have gone well and I've found an office where they shred their paper and struggle to get rid of it. Match made in heaven I think.

The Day The Crayons Quit
The Day The Crayons Quit
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story. Just love the unusual take on the ..., 30 Dec. 2014
Great story. Just love the unusual take on the world. I'll never take a crayon for granted again....and expect I'll take the people who do those unglamourous jobs more seriously too. Can't be a bad outcome.

Educational Maxi Poster of the Periodic Table and Chemical Elements 91.5x61cm
Educational Maxi Poster of the Periodic Table and Chemical Elements 91.5x61cm
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love the table, 25 July 2013
I've wanted a copy of the periodic table for years. Now it's on the wall next to my desk and each day has amoment when I'm amazed.

Paszport
Paszport
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Tunes that you won't want to leave your head, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Paszport (Audio CD)
The story behind this record and the songs is truly moving. Katy Carr brings them to life in a fantastic way. I never would have imagined loving songs that switched between English and Polish: but her performance means that's not an issue.

Belkin F8N051 Messenger Bag for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 17 inch - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Laptop Messenger Bag, 10 May 2013
Looks great. It's smart without being boring. Much more to the point it's well laid out with the compartments being easily accessible. Loved the little bag for the power cables. Makes keeping things tidy really easy. A sound buy at a good price.

Mrs Miniver [1942] [DVD]
Mrs Miniver [1942] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greer Garson

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Miniver ~ a trip back in time, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Mrs Miniver [1942] [DVD] (DVD)
Just loved this film both for its own sake and for understanding the part it played in bonding the USA and Britain together to bring the USA into the second world war. It's rare that an old black and white film can make you care about the characters: even when the lives we see are, by today's standards in film, pretty mundane.

If you haven't seen it then grab a copy and if you have then "look again". I watched it on a rainy day and was totally uplifted.