Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

The Conceptual Structure of Reality (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy)
The Conceptual Structure of Reality (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy)
by Gal Yehezkel

1.0 out of 5 stars I really want this book, but it's far too ..., 29 Dec. 2014
I really want this book, but it's far too expensive and only 152 pages. Sort the price out, then maybe someone will buy it.

The Nature of Consciousness and Reality
The Nature of Consciousness and Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 25 April 2014
This guy has blown me away. I've understood for a while now that concepts are important, but the author dives down the rabbit hole and follows my own ideas to their natural conclusion with devastating results. A brilliant read for anyone interested in the nature of consciousness and reality. Now I will go away and spend the next few months thinking about this in greater detail until I establish my own way of explaining it to both myself and others. Reading this book has been a true Eureka moment!

Buddhism is Not What You Think: Finding Freedom Beyond Beliefs
Buddhism is Not What You Think: Finding Freedom Beyond Beliefs

5.0 out of 5 stars A really fascinating read., 28 Jan. 2013
Before I read this book, i was only into Therevada Buddhism. Although written by a zen practitioner, this book really sheds a great deal of light on non-dualism and no-self and reminded me a lot of Tony Parsons' work, but in the context of Buddhism. I now have a much clearer idea of how to practice mindfulness meditation, and the authors explanations are very straight forward and sensible. If you're into therevada but need a clearer idea of mindfulness and present awareness, then this is the book for you.