Profile for Sandy > Reviews

Studio Culture: The secret life of the graphic design studio
Studio Culture: The secret life of the graphic design studio
by Adrian Shaughnessy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight into the world of a designer, 26 Nov. 2012
I bought this book to use as reference for an essay I was writing on achieving a work life balance as a graphic designer. I run my own studio so found it extremely interesting to read other designer's experiences, as well as finding lots of useful information for my essay. The only down side is the font and tiny point size makes it quite difficult to read. In fact the woman sitting next to me on the train, who was looking over my shoulder, commented on how difficult it looked to read! But don't be put off, this is a great book and for any designer setting up their own studio I'd highly recommend.

Busy or Impact: Work-life balance in a new world of work
Busy or Impact: Work-life balance in a new world of work
by Luud Berings

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive book review, 26 Nov. 2012
I purchased this book for an essay I was producing on work life balance and wasn't disappointed. As well as being an interesting read there was lots of useful pieces of information that I could include. It was also easy to read and a good point size.