Profile for Paul W. > Reviews

Nilsson - Greatest Hits
Nilsson - Greatest Hits
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of nostaglia, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nilsson - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I bought this cd as my cassettes had passed their best. I was pleasantly surprised to hear some songs that I had not heard before. A thoroughly good buy and for those of a certain age a nice trip down memory lane.

Very
Very

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Remastered 2009, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Very (Audio CD)
When CD arrived my first thoughts were that it did not sound right. I have only one other CD being "Ultimate" plus a handful of other songs by the PSB. Therefore it was one of disappointment when I first heard it. However after several listenings it started to grow on me so much so that I liked all the tracks in equal measure. I subsequently put it aside for a few weeks to listen to other music. On returning to it I find that I have the same feelings that I first had and that the sound being not quite right is perhaps to do with the remastering. There seems to be a type of hissing sound coming from the electronics which I suppose to be the synthesizers which I find quite off putting and it is on all the tracks. It is a pity as the singing of Neil Tennant and music of Chris Lowe are great. I am going to try to find a copy of the original recording to see how different they sound. I still think the makeup of the CD is great, it is just a shame about the background noise. Obviously the hissing sound is meant to be there and other people will like it but it is not to my taste. This will not stop me from buying other albums from the PSB but I shall probably avoid the remastered versions.

Ultimate
Ultimate

5.0 out of 5 stars New to me., 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Ultimate (Audio CD)
I must confess to not having listened to the Pet Shop Boys before. I do not know what I was doing in the eightes and nineties but I seemed to have missed them. However when I bought this album I was completely blown away by every single track. I am unable to say that one track is better than another because to me they are all equally great. However I feel that this album is a good introduction to PSB and I am now going to purchase a couple of other albums just to see what they are like.
Paul Walker