Profile for Suzanne (Sue) Cartwright > Reviews

Content by Suzanne (Sue) ...

Suzanne (Sue) Cartwright "Sue Cartwright" (Stourbridge, West Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Bring Him Home - A Collection Of Musical Favourites
Bring Him Home - A Collection Of Musical Favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Jun. 2017
A must for all musical theatre fans performed by the master of this profession. A real masterpiece, not just sung but performed.

M&Co Ladies Cotton Blend Full Length Short Sleeve Crew Neck Floral Rose Print Pyjama Set Grey 14/16

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 3 Feb. 2017
Lovely PJs. Good to get decent length bottoms too.

Roberts Radio Blutune 50 DAB/DAB+/FM/Bluetooth Sound System with 2.1 Speaker System

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 21 Sept. 2015
It was good whilst it worked which was for about 6 months. Expect better from Robers.

Rexel Prostyle+ Cross Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder with 7.5 L Bin - 5 Sheet, Black
Offered by 123 eStore

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Sept. 2015
Delivery was prompt but the automatic stopping stopped after about 2 weeks. Have to switch it off. Disappointing.

Music Of The Night [Blu-spec CD2]
Music Of The Night [Blu-spec CD2]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Sept. 2015
This compilation CD contains a selection of some of John Owen-Jones' (JOJ) finest recordings, mainly consisting of musical theatre numbers delivered in JOJ's distinctive way. He doesn't sing the songs, he performs them. The anger, the passion, the sadness and the humour are felt through his heartfelt interpretations. JOJ wears his heart of his sleeve when performing in any medium and listening to him is quite an experience.

The bonus track "Suddenly", a new song included in the film version of Les Miserable, is included in this collection and is performed with such tenderness and sensitivity it is exquisite.

I can thoroughly recommend this album and it will accompany me on many journeys and certainly relieve the tedium of the daily commute. Superb

Rise
Rise

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection., 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Rise (Audio CD)
What can I say about this album? There really are not enough adjectives, it is stunningly beautiful and, in my opinion, John Owen Jones' best album to date. It combines one of the best male voices around with exquisite orchestrations. I love the way that the "'Masquerade" melody and the "Love Never Dies" are incorporated into "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". John does not just sing, he performs and his rendition of "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables" will break your heart. There are no stand alone tracks in this eclectic mix, they all have their own merit so if you are looking for a Mother's Day gift or, indeed, any gift then look no further, this album is the perfect solution. I have one for the car and one for home and since I acquired it, it has been on a loop in my car.

The Former World (A Little Forest Paranormal Mystery Book 1)
The Former World (A Little Forest Paranormal Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, 30 Nov. 2013
Lovely, efficient little heater for those cold spots. We have it in our porch and it keeps it pleasantly warm, but I'm not sure I could live with it in living space, quite noisy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2014 5:05 PM BST

TRAVEL & DESKTOP BATTERY DOCK CHARGER FOR Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300
TRAVEL & DESKTOP BATTERY DOCK CHARGER FOR Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job.....eventually, 30 Nov. 2013
This does what it says on the box but takes a very long time to do so. I tend to put spare battery in phone and charge it that way, much faster but, there gain, I'm not renowned for my patience. If you aren't in a rush to charge, then it's fine.

The Rock
The Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Damned good read, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Rock (Kindle Edition)
I have long been an admirer of Rohert Daws' work as an actor and when his book appeared as a recommended read on my Kindle I knew I would be in for a treat, particulary as it was a police/crime novel, one of my favourite genres.

The book is short but don't let this put you off because it starts off at a cracking pace and never falters. I found myself reading it whilst waiting for the dinner to cook, in the car if I was early for an appoointment, even whilst waiting for my hair straighteners to heat up and way, way past my bedtime. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found all the characters believable and warmed to Detective Sargeant Tamara Sullivan, a fiesty UK police officer on secondment to Gibralter following a professional misdemeanour.

The ending surprised me, which is what I like in a crime novel and the descriptions of the British Territory of Gibraltar sold it to me as a holiday destination and I look forward to going in June.

I do recommend this book, it's easy to read and hence easy to pick up anywhere, a realy good oldfashioned "whodunit". It ticked all the boxes for me. Thank you Robert and I hope we will meet Sullivan and Broderick again in the not too distant future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 9:36 AM GMT

May Each Day
May Each Day

5.0 out of 5 stars worthy of 6 stars, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: May Each Day (MP3 Download)
Can I award 6 stars please? This masterpiece of Andy Williams' hit deserves more than 5 stars. The mellifluous voice of John Owen-Jones and the lush orchestrations make this a definite must for Christmas listening. It really is very beautiful so if you are hesitating don't, download it now, you won't be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2