Profile for RichS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Topeak Fender Set - Black/Black, One Size
Topeak Fender Set - Black/Black, One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, I'm still wet!, 1 Jun. 2015
Unfortunately the rear mudguard doesn't work. Perhaps I fitted in wrong (pic included), but this simply doesn't keep any water off by backside when cycling in the rain.

Upside was that it fitted fine, and after reading the reviews I reinforced the propriety attachment mechanism with cable ties. Seems really solid, and also seemed to stay in place (over the wheel, not to one side) whilst cycling. It even looks nice.

But a spoon that doesn't let you eat soup is as good as a fork. I don't need a fork, I need a spoon!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Topeak Turbo Morph G Mini Pump - Silver
Topeak Turbo Morph G Mini Pump - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Good design, flawed functionality (or just faulty unit), 29 May 2015
I was thoroughly disappointed with this pump. The primary reason is that I could not get it to work on presta road bike inner tubes. I watched multiple videos on how to switch the components to get it to work with presta, but the pump would just not grip the valve. No idea why, it might have been faulty. I sent it back, and was really pleased with Amazon as they had no quibbles.

Aside from not working, I have to say that I wanted it to be a happy medium between a saddle bag pump and a stay at home floor pump. Whilst it might achieve the required PSI of a floor pump (I can't confirm as I couldn't test), it is a lot smaller and the mechanism are a comprise. But yes, it folds beautifully, and is a really good design in that respect.

EC Technology® 2nd Gen Deluxe 22400mAh Ultra High Capacity 3 USB Output External Battery With 3-modes LED Flashlight Portable Power Bank Charger For iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, Most other Phones and Tablets - Black & Red
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, charges fast and multiple times (but big and heavy), 29 May 2015
Firstly this thing is BIG and HEAVY, slightly bigger that a 5.5 inch phone and much thicker. I don't think the pics give it context, but the size of the battery should give you some indication. For that reason, it's a battery pack you keep in your bag, not in your pocket (not saying it wouldn't fit in a pocket, but it would be uncomfortable).

That's really the only negative though. The positives far outweigh the above. It has been charging my phone over 4 times now and shows little sign of needing another charge yet. Furthermore, the 2.1A USB output charges a phone really fast, it charged a 3600 mAh phone battery from dead in 2 hours (the phone was off).

I haven't tried the 2.4A USB output, but I want to with a tablet, as that's why I purchased it. But the fact it has one is brilliant.
Last point is that I have no use for the LED torch included on the item. Some people might like it I guess. I see it as a risk to battery drain, but have had no problems so far.

Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Offered by EKS

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
Stupidly simple but I actually really like this for holding my bananas on my office desk

Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, simple design from people who know what gym goers need, 15 Feb. 2015
I've tried a number of shakers, including Maximuscle Shaker Bottle, cheaper copies and even a Camelbak Performance Bottle. The Smartshake is by far the best. I say this because it includes the best elements of the Maximuscle and Camelbak and combines them. These are: a sieve element that makes sure your supplements mix and a tight seal on the screw top and mouth piece that ensures no liquid escapes.

It's a very simple and great design and means I use it for pre-work out supplements, during workout water, and post-work out protein shake. The optional containers at the bottom, assist in the carrying of the supplements. It really is genius through simplicity.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deaf customers, as no subtitles in UK, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
My low rating is primarily based on the fact that Amazon Instant Video does not support Subtitles (aka Closed Captions) in the UK. I wouldn't be dissappointed if this was made clear on the product page, however, because the Amazon Fire TV in the US supports Closed Captions I made the wrong assumption this would be the case for the UK version. I was wrong, but I've had to learn the tough way, and it has cost me £6 postage despite the (30 day risk free promise on Amazon's Fire products).

Amazon, please be absolutely clear to your deaf and hard of hearing customers that this product is not suitable for them.

PRIMA 35 x 26 x 3 cm 1-Piece Muffin Pan
PRIMA 35 x 26 x 3 cm 1-Piece Muffin Pan
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
Great, and well priced. Seriously non-sticky

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 24 Oct. 2014
These trainers are fantastic, they look stylish and feel great. I actually purchased them for weight training at the gym, as the Chuck Taylor style is perfect for heavy lifting. I love the solidness of the sole, and the rubber toe cap. They feel indestructible, but equally great as a fashion item.

FYI I usually take a 10 or 11 size of trainer, but these were definitely 11s for me. So order 'bigger' if you're a bit unsure about size.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used powdered electrolytes before and have to say that elete tastes better and it diffuses very well, 9 Oct. 2014
I was in need of electrolytes due to running and a keto diet. This product is invaluable to keeping myself topped up. I've used powdered electrolytes before and have to say that elete tastes better and it diffuses very well, giving a consistent slightly salty taste. It also has nothing else in it, which is perfect for those looking out for additives. I bought two, so I can keep on me all the time. Would highly recommend

Go Travel RFID Card Guard 2 per pack (Justsport) Ref 688
Go Travel RFID Card Guard 2 per pack (Justsport) Ref 688
Offered by Just Sport and Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Sleeves, and highly effective, 25 July 2014
I was weary of this product because it had no reviews. But having purchased a 'sleeve' RFID blocker before, I thought I'd try something different. I'm glad I did.

I have 3 RFID/NFC cards in my wallet all the time. Bank, Oyster and a Work access one. With a single Card Guard placed on the Bank card I can use the two other RFID cards without removing them from the wallet (just flip the wallet over depending upon which card is to be used). This is exactly what I wanted.

When I do want to use my Bank Card, which lives in the same card pocket as the Card Guard, I simply remove the Bank Card from the wallet and pay via contactless as normal. The benefit of the Card Guard in this situation is that I am performing a single action (remove Bank card from wallet). This compares to the the RFID sleeves which require you to remove the sleeve, then remove the card from the sleeve.

So overall highly recommended. The Card Guard is the size of a credit card (in depth too), which I don't think is clear in the photo. Also, this is a pack of two, which I will likely need if I get a second Bank/Credit card with RFID.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3