Profile for RichS > Reviews

Compact First Aid Kit
Compact First Aid Kit
Offered by ANGEL ENTERPRISES-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars it looks like the main picture, 7 Sept. 2015
I can confirm, it looks like the main picture, not the thumbnail image.
Good value with space for a few more things if needed. Plasters seem plentiful, bandage not so much.
Certainly compact and cheap though

AA Battery Size Pill Stash Box Screw Lid Real Weight Very Realistic Stash NEW
AA Battery Size Pill Stash Box Screw Lid Real Weight Very Realistic Stash NEW

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but fails at closer inspection, 7 Sept. 2015
These 'batteries' feel very much like real batteries, and certainly pass the test if someone is glancing at them this assorted other objects.

I would say though, that as close inspection there's a lack of attention to detail where the sticker has been placed onto the metal. For a start the black ring, traditionally at the top/positive end of the battery, is actually at the bottom, making them feel upside down. Secondly, there are some small but noticeable air bubbles in the application of the sticker. And lastly, if you rotate the battery you can see the sticker is not straight.

I ordered 2 and the same problems exist on both, so it seems to me it's a problem with the production process. But they do suit my needs, as I am just trying to conceal items from a opportunist thieves.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars But for the money this is a good buy., 4 Sept. 2015
Purchased to 'hide' cash whilst travelling. It definitely looks real and sparks.

In theory, there's room for a more elaborate 'working' lighter that has a slightly more secret compartment. But for the money this is a good buy.

Casio Men's Resin Digital Watch
Casio Men's Resin Digital Watch
Offered by WatchO

4.0 out of 5 stars It feels sturdy and for the price it's just a great bit ..., 4 Sept. 2015
Was looking for a cheap digital watch to display dual timezones and offer some kind of illumination. This meets my needs completely, and the illumination is adequate for what I wanted (quick check in the dark). It feels sturdy and for the price it's just a great bit of kit.

Only downside was that the watch was delivered switched on. So I have no idea how long it's been on, and therefore how much of the '10 year' battery life is left. Usually I would expect a plastic removable tag to turn on the watch when I receive it.

Topeak Fender Set - Black/Black, One Size
Topeak Fender Set - Black/Black, One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, I'm still wet!, 1 Jun. 2015
Unfortunately the rear mudguard doesn't work. Perhaps I fitted in wrong (pic included), but this simply doesn't keep any water off by backside when cycling in the rain.

Upside was that it fitted fine, and after reading the reviews I reinforced the propriety attachment mechanism with cable ties. Seems really solid, and also seemed to stay in place (over the wheel, not to one side) whilst cycling. It even looks nice.

But a spoon that doesn't let you eat soup is as good as a fork. I don't need a fork, I need a spoon!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Topeak Turbo Morph G Mini Pump - Silver
Topeak Turbo Morph G Mini Pump - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Good design, flawed functionality (or just faulty unit), 29 May 2015
I was thoroughly disappointed with this pump. The primary reason is that I could not get it to work on presta road bike inner tubes. I watched multiple videos on how to switch the components to get it to work with presta, but the pump would just not grip the valve. No idea why, it might have been faulty. I sent it back, and was really pleased with Amazon as they had no quibbles.

Aside from not working, I have to say that I wanted it to be a happy medium between a saddle bag pump and a stay at home floor pump. Whilst it might achieve the required PSI of a floor pump (I can't confirm as I couldn't test), it is a lot smaller and the mechanism are a comprise. But yes, it folds beautifully, and is a really good design in that respect.

EC Technology 2nd Gen Deluxe 22400mAh 3 USB Output External Battery With LED Flashlight For Smartphones- Black & Red
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, charges fast and multiple times (but big and heavy), 29 May 2015
Firstly this thing is BIG and HEAVY, slightly bigger that a 5.5 inch phone and much thicker. I don't think the pics give it context, but the size of the battery should give you some indication. For that reason, it's a battery pack you keep in your bag, not in your pocket (not saying it wouldn't fit in a pocket, but it would be uncomfortable).

That's really the only negative though. The positives far outweigh the above. It has been charging my phone over 4 times now and shows little sign of needing another charge yet. Furthermore, the 2.1A USB output charges a phone really fast, it charged a 3600 mAh phone battery from dead in 2 hours (the phone was off).

I haven't tried the 2.4A USB output, but I want to with a tablet, as that's why I purchased it. But the fact it has one is brilliant.
Last point is that I have no use for the LED torch included on the item. Some people might like it I guess. I see it as a risk to battery drain, but have had no problems so far.

Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
Stupidly simple but I actually really like this for holding my bananas on my office desk

Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Offered by OrganicHotList

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, simple design from people who know what gym goers need, 15 Feb. 2015
I've tried a number of shakers, including Maximuscle Shaker Bottle, cheaper copies and even a Camelbak Performance Bottle. The Smartshake is by far the best. I say this because it includes the best elements of the Maximuscle and Camelbak and combines them. These are: a sieve element that makes sure your supplements mix and a tight seal on the screw top and mouth piece that ensures no liquid escapes.

It's a very simple and great design and means I use it for pre-work out supplements, during workout water, and post-work out protein shake. The optional containers at the bottom, assist in the carrying of the supplements. It really is genius through simplicity.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deaf customers, as no subtitles in UK, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
My low rating is primarily based on the fact that Amazon Instant Video does not support Subtitles (aka Closed Captions) in the UK. I wouldn't be dissappointed if this was made clear on the product page, however, because the Amazon Fire TV in the US supports Closed Captions I made the wrong assumption this would be the case for the UK version. I was wrong, but I've had to learn the tough way, and it has cost me £6 postage despite the (30 day risk free promise on Amazon's Fire products).

Amazon, please be absolutely clear to your deaf and hard of hearing customers that this product is not suitable for them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4