Profile for RichS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand
Kitchen Craft Chrome Plated Wire Banana Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
Stupidly simple but I actually really like this for holding my bananas on my office desk

Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Smartshake Gunsmoke V2 Edition 800ml
Offered by Fortis Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, simple design from people who know what gym goers need, 15 Feb. 2015
I've tried a number of shakers, including Maximuscle Shaker Bottle, cheaper copies and even a Camelbak Performance Bottle. The Smartshake is by far the best. I say this because it includes the best elements of the Maximuscle and Camelbak and combines them. These are: a sieve element that makes sure your supplements mix and a tight seal on the screw top and mouth piece that ensures no liquid escapes.

It's a very simple and great design and means I use it for pre-work out supplements, during workout water, and post-work out protein shake. The optional containers at the bottom, assist in the carrying of the supplements. It really is genius through simplicity.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for deaf customers, as no subtitles in UK, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
My low rating is primarily based on the fact that Amazon Instant Video does not support Subtitles (aka Closed Captions) in the UK. I wouldn't be dissappointed if this was made clear on the product page, however, because the Amazon Fire TV in the US supports Closed Captions I made the wrong assumption this would be the case for the UK version. I was wrong, but I've had to learn the tough way, and it has cost me £6 postage despite the (30 day risk free promise on Amazon's Fire products).

Amazon, please be absolutely clear to your deaf and hard of hearing customers that this product is not suitable for them.

PRIMA 35 x 26 x 3 cm 1-Piece Muffin Pan
PRIMA 35 x 26 x 3 cm 1-Piece Muffin Pan
Offered by Premium-Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
Great, and well priced. Seriously non-sticky

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 24 Oct. 2014
These trainers are fantastic, they look stylish and feel great. I actually purchased them for weight training at the gym, as the Chuck Taylor style is perfect for heavy lifting. I love the solidness of the sole, and the rubber toe cap. They feel indestructible, but equally great as a fashion item.

FYI I usually take a 10 or 11 size of trainer, but these were definitely 11s for me. So order 'bigger' if you're a bit unsure about size.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used powdered electrolytes before and have to say that elete tastes better and it diffuses very well, 9 Oct. 2014
I was in need of electrolytes due to running and a keto diet. This product is invaluable to keeping myself topped up. I've used powdered electrolytes before and have to say that elete tastes better and it diffuses very well, giving a consistent slightly salty taste. It also has nothing else in it, which is perfect for those looking out for additives. I bought two, so I can keep on me all the time. Would highly recommend

Go Travel RFID Card Guard 2 per pack (Justsport) Ref 688
Go Travel RFID Card Guard 2 per pack (Justsport) Ref 688
Offered by Just Sport and Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Sleeves, and highly effective, 25 July 2014
I was weary of this product because it had no reviews. But having purchased a 'sleeve' RFID blocker before, I thought I'd try something different. I'm glad I did.

I have 3 RFID/NFC cards in my wallet all the time. Bank, Oyster and a Work access one. With a single Card Guard placed on the Bank card I can use the two other RFID cards without removing them from the wallet (just flip the wallet over depending upon which card is to be used). This is exactly what I wanted.

When I do want to use my Bank Card, which lives in the same card pocket as the Card Guard, I simply remove the Bank Card from the wallet and pay via contactless as normal. The benefit of the Card Guard in this situation is that I am performing a single action (remove Bank card from wallet). This compares to the the RFID sleeves which require you to remove the sleeve, then remove the card from the sleeve.

So overall highly recommended. The Card Guard is the size of a credit card (in depth too), which I don't think is clear in the photo. Also, this is a pack of two, which I will likely need if I get a second Bank/Credit card with RFID.

Weight Lifting Straps ★ Top Quality Lifting Straps With Neoprene Padding For Wrist Support ★ Heavy Duty Double Stitched 100% Cotton Gym Straps + Extra Long - Use For Bodybuilding, Gym, Weight Training & Weight Lifting ★ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Offered by Elite Body Squad

4.0 out of 5 stars They work and are surprisingly useful, 14 July 2014
These straps are surprisingly good. I had to watch YouTube video to fully understand how to use them, but actually they are extremely simple. The key thing is that they helped me deadlift without feeling like my hands were going to lose grip. This is actually quite a big thing, as I was starting to avoid increased weight due to grip more than muscle strength.

They were useful for deadlifts and bent over rows. I tried them whilst squatting but didn't notice much difference. I will try them with thrusts soon. The packaging is also handy. Overall really pleased.

Designhutte Watch Winder Space
Designhutte Watch Winder Space
Offered by Designhütte GmbH

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job yes. BUT it's seriously loud, 29 Jun. 2014
I'm giving this 3 stars because it does what it needs to, looks ok, and has some settings to control how it winds watches.

But damn, the mechanism is loud. I've read some reviews saying it's in their bedroom, I tried this, but there was no way I would be sleeping next to this thing. It's ticking is extremely irritating. So I placed it in my kitchen, unfortunately my living space is small and so whenever it is winding I can hear it within my flat.

In can't compare to other devices on the market, my impression is that they are all over priced for what they are due to the expensive watches they are designed for.

Either way, I would recommend only buying it if you have a walk in wardrobe to place it in.

Maxsimafoto® - Tripod Mount Collar Ring for Canon C (WII), EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Jun. 2014
This tripod mount just 'does the job'. Not sure why you'd pay any more than this. It's sturdy and I feel the lens is 100% safe when mounted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3