Profile for Mr. A. J. Fleming > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. J. Fleming

Mr. A. J. Fleming "aj00f" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Meltdown
Meltdown
Offered by Smaller World Future

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent remix album, 26 July 2004
This review is from: Meltdown (Audio CD)
Superb album, not to everyones taste, but to be honest some of the remixes are better than the originals. I bought this through complete fluke really and it turned out good.
Icehouse are relatively unknown in the UK and were certainly one of the better 80's acts.

ROBBIE ROBERTSON -STORYVILLE
ROBBIE ROBERTSON -STORYVILLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor for such an incredible musician, 26 July 2004
I am a big RR fan, I loved his first album which is still one of my all time favourites. I have to say I was dissapointed with this album, just not a patch on the original. It is just personal taste, but this does not capture the soul and atmosphere of the first album.
I did however love his album, Music for Native Americans, that was great.

Battlestar Galactica - The Mini Series [2003] [DVD] [2004]
Battlestar Galactica - The Mini Series [2003] [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Sci-Fi available., 26 July 2004
Well I was really sceptical about whether this would actually be any good or not as a fan of the original series and characters. Although tacky and in places completely rubbish I still loved the original series.
When I heard about the character changes (eg Starbuck a woman) I thought, Oh no, its just trying to be PC etc. but what a shock when I watched it.
The plot and screenplay is first class, and has you enthralled from begining to end, I couldnt stop watching, in fact it was so good I went straight back and watched it again! By the end I was desperate for more - really wanting to know what happens next.
The acting for a Scifi series is good, the lead roles are superbly played and perfectly cast - even Starbuck who I was sceptical about was brilliant.
I am not a fan of CG in TV or film, in fact I despise it - it never looks real, but the CG in Battlestar galactica is superb and simply the best I have ever seen. The battle sequences are incredible and look so realistic you feel like you are really watching a space battle. Yes the effects are brilliant.
The music score is incredible, totally fitting for the show and one of the best I have heard.
So there you have it a Sci Fi show that is near to perfection, the main complaint is that there isnt anymore available yet!
If you are sick of ropey Star Trek series with samey plots and sick of the poor produtcion values/effects/acting and scripting for most of the modern sci-fi series then this is for you.
Totally stunning, I got about 10 of my friends to watch it, every one of them is eagerly awaiting the series (desperate for it even) some of them dont even watch sci-fi and thought it would be rubbish.... ....they were wrong!
Just buy it and you wont regret it.

Dvorák: Stabat Mater/Legends
Dvorák: Stabat Mater/Legends

2.0 out of 5 stars Yet another poor recording of an excellent piece, 24 July 2004
As I have said, a moving and emotive piece but poorly recorded. I have yet to find a really good recording of this piece.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

The Silmarillion
The Silmarillion
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but hard work, 24 July 2004
This review is from: The Silmarillion (Audio CD)
This is a masterpiece and although you have to REALLY concentrate to 'get it' its well worth it, there are many fantastic stories in the Silmarillion.
Martin Shaw is fabulous also, his voice is majestic which suits the stories perfectly.

Points on the Curve
Points on the Curve

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bad but amusing, 24 July 2004
This review is from: Points on the Curve (Audio CD)
Its worth it for Dance Hall days which is great but the rest of the album generally consists of 80's drivel.

Dvorák: Stabat Mater
Dvorák: Stabat Mater

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic music but sadly a terrible recording, 21 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Dvorák: Stabat Mater (Audio CD)
Dvorzak's master piece a beautifull and powerfull piece of music but sadly this particular recording is dreadfull, the sound definition and clarity is really very poor. I bought this as I am learning the piece but it was really of little use to me and I am now looking for a better quality recording.

Expect No Mercy [DVD]
Expect No Mercy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Blanks
Offered by the store shop

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC OF THE AGES, 16 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Expect No Mercy [DVD] (DVD)
Wow this is the best comedy film I have ever seen.
If you lust after mindless action, with no real story, no good acting, rubbish martial arts and CGI that puts even George Lucas to shame then this ones highly recommended. Hilarious and a classic, one of billy blanks best works.

TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox)
TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox)
Offered by vinnies

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money., 15 Jan. 2003
Simply one of the worst FPS games I have played. Terrible one player mode - story is awful and levels are cluttered and badly designed. Multi-player is pretty bad also, action is too frantic and split screen the bullet fire obscures you view of what is going on which makes it very difficult to play. There was loads of hype for this game but it just does not live up to it in any way. Theres hardly any difference between this and the original game. If you wanted a perfect dark or halo beater then tough luck as its not even a turok beater.

RalliSport Challenge
RalliSport Challenge

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than Project Gotham but still shallow, 23 April 2002
This review is from: RalliSport Challenge (Video Game)
Generally a pretty good, rallying game. Certainly the handling is pretty realistic. Shame that it just gets a bit boring after a while, there just isnt as much to come back to as gran turismo 3. Certainly though this is the best stand alone rally game I have played, but please, please someone give me a decent alternative to GT3!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8