Profile for Emma B > Reviews

Content by Emma B

Emma B "Em" (Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Why're You Put Together All Wrong Like That...?: An insight into human behaviour from a dog's perspective.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a very sweet book written by a dog lover and raises awareness ..., 29 Aug. 2016
It's a very sweet book written by a dog lover and raises awareness for vulnerable dogs. A commendable effort. Lost stars because the cover is poorly constructed, barely visible on Amazon, and hasn't been near anyone remotely qualified. A shame as it deserves a lot better.

Lingerie Wars (Invertary Book 1)
Lingerie Wars (Invertary Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs professional support, 15 Feb. 2016
Really needs a tidy up. The cover (and the forthcoming Here Comes the Rainne Again), needs a professional design and copy edit. The premise and the content is okay but it needs polishing around the edges to improve it.

Peelaway7 (750g)
Peelaway7 (750g)
Offered by Soil fertility solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for an inside job, 14 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Peelaway7 (750g) (Misc.)
It's okay. Probably fine for any object you can take outside but for the bannisters in our house - I wish I hadn't ever begun it. The Peelaway 7 managed to get through the modern paint, crinkling into a sticky vinyl which is difficult to remove - it needed a bit of a scrape despite leaving it for 24 hours with the blanket wrap. As I had expected from the test patch it needed Peelaway 1 to remove the older paint which liquified what was left of the modern paint and it's such a mess. Twenty four hours with 1 hasn't really removed all the old paint anyway and I can't feasibly hose it down! So I've neutralised it and will sand it back and repaint - so much for restoring the natural wood.

The Master Bedroom
The Master Bedroom
by Tessa Hadley

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 22 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Master Bedroom (Paperback)
Having enjoyed talks by Tessa Hadley at several literary events, I realised that I had not read this book. I found it an absorbing read, a story that kept me reading over a long weekend and distracting me. A sign of a good book.

I liked the flawed nature of the characters, perfect people do not make for a good read and I liked the way Hadley never asks her characters to apologise. Likewise it's hard to work out if they actually learn from their actions.

I do agree that the style of speech, always a feature of Hadley's books can disrupt the reading experience.

My Life with George: The Inspirational Story of How a Wilful Dog Brought Joy to a Bereaved Family
by Judith Summers

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor George, 12 Mar. 2015
I wanted to like it, and I did feel moved by the struggles with the loss of her husband but goodness me I could have hit the writer over the head for failing her dog so much. Positive training is so important and it's so sad to read another book about a dog where the owner hasn't engaged and made their lives and that of the dog so much harder. Personal circumstances in this instance I agree must play a huge part but it's still not a positive message for anyone considering getting a dog.

Black Pet Dog Puppy Strap Sling Shoulder Bag Carrier S
Black Pet Dog Puppy Strap Sling Shoulder Bag Carrier S
Offered by Qianxing

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong listing, 18 Dec. 2014
Really irritating, this appears as a seatbelt lead on the main listing so the wrong item arrived. Please correct this.

The Soul Conductor
The Soul Conductor

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth sticking with if you can get past some of ..., 13 Dec. 2014
Worth sticking with if you can get past some of the clunky prose. It could have benefited from an experienced, published mentor to polished this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2015 3:42 PM GMT

Run, Wrexsome... Run!: The long and winding road to canine stardom
Run, Wrexsome... Run!: The long and winding road to canine stardom

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay but could be even better, 3 Jun. 2014
A sweet story which could have been improved with a good copyedit and a decent cover design. She's clearly a dog lover and trainer so one might assume she recognises the value of skills.

HoMedics Shiatsu Cushion with Remote Control - Cream
HoMedics Shiatsu Cushion with Remote Control - Cream
Offered by BestBuyUk

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, 11 May 2014
Had this since March and it's worked briefly, once. Rubbish product, please don't waste your money and look elsewhere for an alternative.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm but not great on mud, 12 Nov. 2013
A great boot, very comfy and perfect for walking miles with my dog until it gets muddy. It's not even the worse weather but I'm sliding around on mud in these so I'm looking for something else with better grip than this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4