Profile for Frank Hollis > Reviews

Content by Frank Hollis

Frank Hollis

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
RAVPower Portable Charger 13400mAh Power Bank External Battery Pack with Most Powerful 4.5A Output and iSmart Technology - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 1 April 2016
Compact but very heavy - screams quality.

What can I say, it charges all my gadgets with no fuss. The only bad thing about it is that it holds so much charge that I keep forgetting to top it up as it just seems to have an infinite capacity.

AGPtEK A02 70 Hours Music Playback MP3 Lossless Sound Entry Hi-Fi 8GB Music MP3 Player (White)
Offered by Linking Mart

1.0 out of 5 stars Lossless MP3 - false., 11 Mar. 2016
Advertised as 'Lossless playback' which is impossible. MP3 is a lossy format.

If they lie about that, what else?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 7:06 AM GMT

Lucy
Lucy
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Inane nonsense., 26 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Lucy (Amazon Video)
It's been a long time since I've seen something as inanely non-sensical as this. I don't know who was the scientific advisor. I suspect that they gave up in frustration. Perhaps somebody should have told the director about this wonderful new thing called 'Google'. Then they could have found out - in about 20 seconds - that life on Earth didn't start 1 billion years ago - but they were only 3,100,000,000 years out! But no, they decided to use a number plucked out of the air.

Then there's the car-chase scene. Lucy supposedly has the most intelligent brain ever. So why does she decide to drive the wrong way down several one-way streets?

It;s not often I give up on a film before the end. But I couldn't be bothered to sit through the last 15 minutes.

Plex
Plex

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with Synology NAS, 3 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Plex (App)
I use the Plex app on my Fire TV to access movies and TV shows stored on my Synology DiskStation NAS. It works very well. apart from about 20 seconds of stuttering at the very beginning. This could be because my FireTV is in a different building to the WiFi router.

What You Need to Know About Pernicious Anaemia and Vitamin B12 Deficiency
What You Need to Know About Pernicious Anaemia and Vitamin B12 Deficiency

5.0 out of 5 stars By one for you, one for your GP and one for your family., 31 Dec. 2015
Having been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia in early 2015, I was looking for a geed book to summarise all of the information I'd gleaned from the Interwebs. And this is that book. I bought a copy on my Kindle and decided that it could be of great help to me - if my healthcare professionals read it. So I bought two copies of the paperback.

One I gave to my GP, who has read the whole thing and is passing it around his colleagues in the practice. The other I shall give to my haematologist next time I see them. I hope it has the same, positive, reception.

PuTwo Travel Box Pill Organizer 7 Day AM and PM Case with 28 Compartments
PuTwo Travel Box Pill Organizer 7 Day AM and PM Case with 28 Compartments
Offered by PuTwo Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful fusion of utility and size., 24 Dec. 2015
A wonderful fusion of utility and size. The individual boxes (one for each day of the week) make it easy to carry a day's pills in one's pocket. Many similar products only have three compartments, which was useless for me.

Time2® Smart WiFi Plug Socket Remote Sockets Control Alarm Remote Timing Home Automation With App for Home Automation with Apple iPhones 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 5C / 6 / 6 Plus, iPads And Android Samsung Devices HTC Google Nexus - White

Click 'n Dig Model D2 Key Finder. 2 Receivers. Wireless RF Remote Item, Wallet Locator.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for locating keys, not so good with phones., 23 Dec. 2015
I was sent a free one of these, in excahnge for writing an honest review. Coincidentally I'd ordered one as a present the week before. All comments apply to both of them.

The Click 'N' Dig works well as a key finder. Just attach one of the two receivers to your key ring and, when you lose the keys, press the relevant button on the trasmitter and the receiver will emit a loud beep - if it's in range. And that's always the problem with these devices - the range. The Click 'N' Dig is pretty good. It could communicate to the room next door, or directly upstairs, but put another layer inbetween and you'll not get a beep out of it.

That means that, should you misplace your keys you may have to wander around the house a wee bit. But, if they're in there then you'll probably find them.

Where this device falls down is its other suggested use - to find your mobile phone. To help with this task the 'manual' (aka the single sheet of paper) suggests using the double-sided sticky pads enclosed. Except that there were none enclosed - in either of the ones I received. Even if they were there the receiver is far too thick (about 8mm - as thick as my phone) for this use.

They could have suggested other uses - I'll be keen to put one of these in my suitcase next time I fly. It should make it easy to avoid the scum at the baggage corousel until my bag actually arrives.

I can see how blind people may find them very useful for locating various items.

Oh, and there was a special surprise in the package - a full set of spare batteries.

Patron Silver Tequila, 70 cl
Patron Silver Tequila, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and fresh, 19 Dec. 2015
I've been trying various different tequilas as they pop up on Lighting Deals and this is my favourite so far. Its clean, fresh taste is just what I like. It may not have the heavy, deep flavours of the older, darker tequilas. But that's a plus point for me.

Kyjen Halloween Invincible Cat 3-Squeaker Squeak Toy
Kyjen Halloween Invincible Cat 3-Squeaker Squeak Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars When they say 'invincible' they mean 'invincible'., 19 Dec. 2015
When they callerd this toy 'Invincible' they weren't joking. Our greyhound, Jodie, is a master at 'dedding' toys. Most do not survive more than a couple of minutes. Others, like Kong furry toys, can sometimes last days before she gets a canine into the squeaker - or manages to eviscerate the thing totally.

It's been seven weeks since she first attacked 'Squeaky Kat' and it's just as good as day one. And she shows no sign of getting bored with it. The multiple note squeakers seem to make it even more enticing, and it's just the right size and weight to throw around the living room.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12