Profile for Timothy Carpark > Reviews

Timothy Carpark

Dead & Born & Grown [Digipack]
Dead & Born & Grown [Digipack]

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent album, 29 Nov. 2012
I was really expecting this album to be better than it was. Maybe my expectations were a little too high, but this album just didn't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, there are some incredible songs on it; 'In The Long Run', 'Winter Trees', 'Dead & Born & Grown' and 'Mexico' and that's why I've given the album 3 stars, but a lot of the album just bored me and I found myself wanting to skip songs. It has potential, but it could have been better. For one, I was surprised they didn't include 'Icarus' on there. It would have been a better alternative to 'Gone Tomorrow'. Oh well a diddly die a candy meets a pie, a fiddle eats the sky, an eye an is for an eye, but a cynic shouldn't cry.

Transcendental Youth
Transcendental Youth

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing LP, 19 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Transcendental Youth (Audio CD)
This record changed my life. I was working as a fish counter salesman, my life going absolutely nowhere. I had no hopes, dreams, aspirations or ambition. I was an alcoholic( 55 cans of lager a day!), heroin and crack addict and my wife had left me for another man (I walked in on him doing his business on her thigh). Life just seemed too much to deal with and so I considered suicide. One day I decided to go out and buy some quail soup from the local super-shop and I stumbled upon a record store. Subsequently, I decided to enter. What I found in there changed me for the better. It was Transcendental Youth by the Mountain Goats. I bought the record and rushed home to listen to it. At first listen I was unimpressed, however, with the second listen, something happened to me. I started to feel nauseous and suddenly I vomited up my quail soup all over my vinyl player. That night, I went to bed feeling extremely ill. The next morning I felt much better; energetic and ready to take on the world! On a whim, I decided that that day, I would give all of my months earnings to the local homeless man, who lived by my local super-shop. Needless to say, I was left with no money and nearly died of hunger, having no earnings to pay for food, but that's not the point. I felt good about myself. I stopped drinking, smoking crack and injecting golden brown and instead, took up aerobics and yoga, spending my free time pruning my garden and drinking herbal tea. In short, I was a goody goody, a real law-abiding citizen. I quit my job at the fish counter, finally losing it with my manager, who had been bossing me around for the past 24 years. I told him he could 'shove his job right up his fish loving anus', smashing the counter with a sledge-hammer I had picked up from tescos the day before. Overall, life seemed better and I can only attribute the gain in quality to this beautiful album from John himself.