Profile for D. Cartwright > Reviews

Content by D. Cartwright

D. Cartwright (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TaoTronics® TT-SH02 Universal Windshield & Dashboard Car Mount Cradle Holder for iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5, Note 3 & Other Mobile Phones of With 50mm - 100mm, 360 Degree Rotation

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made garbage., 3 Nov. 2013
This seemed adequate, by which I mean the fold out stand would jam and the arm wouldn't open when the button was depressed without being teased open. It basically did what it should.

Until the third time I used it, when the lever snapped apart causing the entire unit to fall to pieces. Useless.

Extendable Back Scratcher by Kikkerland - Fully Retractable
Extendable Back Scratcher by Kikkerland - Fully Retractable
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what I want., 23 Jan. 2013
This does exactly what it says on the tin, perfect for reaching those hard to reach spots. If I had to pick a fault I'd say it's awkward to carry in your pocket at the prongs catch, but I don't see an obvious alternative or solution myself so it's hard to quibble.

Two Tales From The City - Investment Banker To Exotic Dancer and Old Traders Never Die

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 13 Sept. 2012
I read these when they were published on "Here Is The City". Half-baked, amateur fiction at its worst, with a few banking references thrown in. Avoid.

TeckNet@ Kindle Paperwhite / kindle Touch Leather Cover With 2 Kindle Screen Protectors & Magnetic flap closure for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle Touch Both - Black
Offered by Online-Ontime

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 19 Jun. 2012
This is a really good case - I don't own one of those available for 3-4 times the price but I can't really imagine what more it could do. It has a nice solid construction back and front, the sleeve (as opposed to corners) holds the Kindle securely but leaves connectors accessible and the velcro fastener holds well, the hinge is a separate piece so hopefully no strain wear for a long time.

My only minor criticism is that the magnetic catch has to be hooked exactly and does not "jump" quickly into place like some cases do, but that's too small a point to lower the score.

Yale Locks P402 Rimlock Grey Finish 62 x 76 mm
Yale Locks P402 Rimlock Grey Finish 62 x 76 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and works well., 5 Jun. 2012
Does exactly what you'd expect, and at a fair price. Also the screws supplied are actually of a decent strength unlike many products.

DelTex® 20 x Stylus Touch Pen For NINTENDO DS LITE NDSL NDS DSL
DelTex® 20 x Stylus Touch Pen For NINTENDO DS LITE NDSL NDS DSL
Offered by DMB Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price., 5 Jun. 2012
My little boy is constantly losing these so 20 for £3 is a bargain. Also unlike some others reviewed on here the nibs seem to stay on fine.

Schrader Type 90 Degree Bend Valve Extension, 5013
Schrader Type 90 Degree Bend Valve Extension, 5013

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea but not always appropriate., 14 May 2012
I bought this for a pushchair with magnetic wheels as getting a pump inside the small wheels proved challenging and bending the valves had already cost me one inner tube. I was hoping to attach this more easily.

However this is extremely fiddly and hard to attach. It became apparent that it is intended that this be attached to the valve and left there, so one simply attaches the pump to it as needed. Unfortunately it's very hard to do up tight enough for my satisfaction in the enclosed space, a hex nut might have been better here. Also to use in this way I'd need three and at a fiver each plus delivery this seems an expensive solution.

JSG Accessories® Dock Extension Cable Support Audio Video Signal for Apple iPhone, iPod , iPad in white colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to., 14 May 2012
I use this to connect my iphone to a sounddock so it doesn't interfere with the sound and so I can select tracks more easily. It works perfectly.

Neotechs® 802.11N 150Mbps WiFi WIRELESS 11 N USB ADAPTER LAN Mini DONGLE for PC LAPTOP

1.0 out of 5 stars No use at all, 14 May 2012
First off I am using on a laptop running Windows XP SP3. I am reasonably competent with computers but still a user and not an I.T. expert. I bought this to replace an old dongle that does not support Windows zero config, is a bit chunky, and only runs at 'G' speeds.

As widely related the instructions included are tiny to the point of being virtually illegible, and in any event are basically useless. There are instructions on the disc which are better but fail to address the issues I have had.

It says to install the driver by running setup.exe from the relevant driver folder on the enclosed CD, you can also use the menu. However the packaging says it has a Realtek 8188 chipset but the CD has drivers for 8188CU or 8188SU, there is no clue to which to use in the instructions. 8188CU appears correct as the other did not work at all.

Upon first installing it seems to connect, however no sign of the promised 150Mb connection, all I could get was 7Mb or 14.5Mb (I get at least 18 from my old dongle). Then after a minute or two although it claims to be connected it refuses to connect to any webpages at all. I can sometimes get it to work by disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle but it cuts off shortly after. There is no mention of this issue in documentation and no troubleshooting section at all.

I shall be contacting the seller with the intention of returning this as unfit for purpose.

WWE '12 (Wii)
WWE '12 (Wii)
Offered by Click For Games UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly awful., 25 Dec. 2011
This review is from: WWE '12 (Wii) (Video Game)
I have played many of the WWE games over the last few years, and with the exception of one very old SNES one which was more an attempt to clone Mortal Kombat with wrestlers than than a wrestling game, I cannot think of one less playable than this.

Basically you start the game, the second the opponent gets a shot in you become groggy and you spend the next few minutes repeatedly hitting the reverse button in the hope of getting another chance to join in, until you finally get beaten. The tutorial is nothing of the sort and there isn't even a practice mode since even the weakest of the opponents are virtually unbeatable.

If THQ are going to put so much effort into their PS3 and X360 games that this is all they can be bothered to churn out for Wii I say stop bothering.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2011 12:18 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3