Profile for afc > Reviews

Content by afc

afc

Andrew James Stainless Steel Potato Ricer / Masher Fruit Press, Available With Red or Black Soft Touch Handles (Black)
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 26 Nov. 2014
This is a present so hasn't been used yet, but I had a good look at this potato ricer and it is good quality with an easy mechanism. Well packaged, and quick delivery. I've a few Andrew James products and they are all excellent.

Ladies San Malo leather clog mules NAVY size 4
Ladies San Malo leather clog mules NAVY size 4
Offered by The Slippers Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 30 Oct. 2014
Good quality- sturdy- excellent fit. Thought there was excessive packaging though - 3 boxes!! Recommended product.

KMS 4.75M Multi Purpose Folding Aluminium Ladder
KMS 4.75M Multi Purpose Folding Aluminium Ladder

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent ladder. Easy to assemble and sturdy, 4 Sept. 2014
An excellent ladder. Easy to assemble and sturdy. Stores easily too. I was a little surprised to read that I had to sign the couriers slip as the goods being damaged, if the contents weren't checked whilst the courier was present!! If you don't sign as good unchecked or damaged and you later find it is, you can't claim. How one would know if the ladders were damaged at the manufacturers or in transit, I have no idea. I signed 'damaged' - just in case - the courier wasn't very happy about it though. The ladders weren't damaged at all, and I'm delighted with the quality, versatility and service.

Bodum Columbia Double Wall Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel - 3-Cup (1 L), Matt
Bodum Columbia Double Wall Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel - 3-Cup (1 L), Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 7 July 2014
Bought this coffee pot for my daughter and she was delighted. Very good quality and looks superb. Delivered earlier than expected, and well packaged. If you want a stylish, sturdy pot, look no further.

EPISTICK EPILATOR FACIAL HAIR REMOVAL REMOVER TOOL
EPISTICK EPILATOR FACIAL HAIR REMOVAL REMOVER TOOL
Offered by Tonjx

1.0 out of 5 stars NO ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS!!, 16 Nov. 2013
Very disappointing!! Took me ages to work out how to use this by trying to interpret the very small illustrations. No other instructions whatsoever! Eventually had a few attempts ...... didn't remove any hairs at all!! Don't bother!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2013 12:40 PM GMT

Andrew James 700 watt hand blender in red with 500ml food processor bowl attachment and 500ml beaker
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality., 10 April 2013
I'm delighted with this mixer. High quality product and relatively easy to use. Attachments aren't flimsy at all - very robust. Delivery was also excellent. I will definitely be buying more products from this company.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars Window cleaner yesterday - rubbish!, 1 Mar. 2012
But I didn't know it wasn't a good clean because the inside of my windows were all streaked anyway. Today .... my Karcher Window Cleaning Vacuum arrived. Easy to assemble, and fully charged up for the first time after a couple of hours. And off I went.

Easy to use!! This is an understatement. Incredibly easy to manoever around the window, and as I also purchased the smaller head attachment too, which is easy to change, I cleaned all my downstairs windows, picture glass, mirrors, tiles. All so easy to do, and as it says, no streaks. OK .... I did finish off at the bottom of the windows with a cloth, but that was no problem at all.

Now the insides of my windows are really clean and streak free, I noticed how poor the outside of the windows are - not clean at all. The unit is currently rechgarging, and I can't wait to go outside!! Also aim to try it on my card windows.

All-in-all a really good buy, and I am delighted with the results.

Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser (UK 3-Pin Plug) - White Edition
Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser (UK 3-Pin Plug) - White Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Best teeth product ever bought!!, 1 Mar. 2012
I bought a Waterpik Cordless WP-450 for myself a couple of weeks ago from the large chemist chain (cheaper on Amazon). I fully charged the unit as per instructions - and the first time I used it I could not believe how clean my mouth felt. All food bits came away easily, and although I did get a little 'wet' the first few times I used it, I'm an expert now. I could never reach my back teeth with normal flossing methods, and this solves that problem.

The criticism I read about the 450 are to me completely unfounded. My charge lasted for at least 5 days, and I used it twice every day. But it's no hassle charging it anyway, so why this is a criticism I do now know. Also, some have stated the water tank is too small. Well, I don't think my mouth is any smaller than anyone elses, and I find the amount of water it holds absolutely spot on. Some said it was 'flimsy', of poor quality. It is made of plastic of course, to make it lighter to hold I assume, and I am storing it in a safe place to ensure I don't knock it over by accident - but I can't see why that is a problem.

My only slight criticism is it would be good to have an indicator light to show when the unit is fully charged or near to the end of it's charge. This is a slight problem though, and wouldn't say this is a good enough reason not to buy.

In fact, I'm so impressed, I've purchased another for my son (birthday present), who has problems flossing as his teeth are quite close together. I know he will be delighted.

Please don't take on board the negative reviews. This product is excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2013 9:33 AM GMT

Canon - PIXMA MP240 - Multifunction ( printer copier scanner ) - colour - ink-jet - copying (up to): 19 ppm (mono) 15 ppm (colour) - printing (up to): 19 ppm (mono) 15 ppm (colour) - 100 sheets - Hi-Speed USB

4.0 out of 5 stars afc, 18 Nov. 2011
This scanner is superb. Incredibly quick to scan photographs and the quality is great. My only (slight) criticism is the size - it is rather large. Would recommend.