Profile for Lia > Reviews

Content by Lia

Lia "britchick84" (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cable Management Sleeve | Adjustable 200 cm Black & White Cable Tidy Made From Premium Quality Flexible Neoprene | Baltic Living® Cord Organiser
Offered by Baltic Quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy cable customisation., 26 Dec. 2016
When my darling pet rats decided to bite through the power lead of my newly installed router, I decided I needed something to protect and tidy up my wires.

Being made from material gives this product a lot of great features: it doesn't look harsh or ugly like some of the plastic ones; you can effortlessly cut any length you want; you can cut into the sides if you want a wire to come out half way down; and the velcro means it's SO easy to add or remove wires.

The only slight disadvantage I saw was, because the velcro is stitched along the edges, you cannot adjust the girth of the product. If you've bought this for tidying up this isn't an issue, but for me and my naughty furbabies, some food bag clips solved the problem. I could have easily sewn the ends if I wasn't so lazy.

In short, this is such a simple idea that is so easy to use and customise that I'm surprised it isn't a feature in everyone's toolbox.

UniBond Aero 360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device with 1 Tab
UniBond Aero 360 Pure Moisture Absorber Device with 1 Tab

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective. Love it., 4 Dec. 2016
I bought a house recently and when I moved in I found that all the windows were covered in condensation. I bought a couple of these to deal with two of the dampest windows.

The main product feels a little flimsy, but is more secure once it's set up. Inside is a disc that looks like a giant dishwasher tablet. As moist air passes through, the disc extracts the water, slowly disintegrating and collecting the water. No plugs, no batteries, no moving parts to make noise. Once full, you pour the water down the sink (through its built in spout). You can also buy refills for when the disc has dissolved.

These have done such a good job that I've bought more to put in all my rooms. My windows have gone from dripping with condensation to clear.

Oddjobs
Oddjobs
by Heide Goody

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and completely relatable., 30 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Oddjobs (Paperback)
I firmly believe that books should be enjoyable and Oddjobs gets top marks for that. I have never laughed out loud while reading a book as much as I did with Oddjobs. The fast-pace and structure makes it a hard book to put down.

I think one of its biggest strengths is that, despite how surreal the book is, it expertly mirrors life; it feels like the authors have worked with the same people I have and sat through the tedious meetings as me. This is testament to the authors' understanding of the world and their ability to describe it alongside the upcoming apocalypse.

Dancers World MEGA NOISY Coin Belly Dance Hip Belts PLUS SIZE UK 22-26 XXL (Royal Blue Gold)
Offered by Dancers World

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2016
Beautiful belt. It has good weight to it and makes lots of noise.

FUSION - Set of 12 High Quality Bamboo Carbonized Crochet Hooks Needles 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5, 5.5, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm and 10mm in a plastic partitioned wallet/case
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, 18 April 2016
My first crochet hook was a rubbery plastic one. When I realised that I loved crochet, I knew I needed a set. I don't like the feel of the metal hooks, and I couldn't find a nice plastic one.

These are lovely. They are smooth and light. I was worried they would get rough bits and splinters but this hasn't been the case

Rosewood Maze-a-Log Treat Challenge for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
Rosewood Maze-a-Log Treat Challenge for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted longer than I thought, 18 April 2016
When filling this for the first time, I knocked off one of the stumps. The others lasted better. I have two male guinea pigs and this slowed down their gluttonous ways of eating their veggies

Living World Green Smart Toy Turning Game for Gerbils/ Guinea Pigs/ Rabbits, Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Too shallow, 18 April 2016
The holes are too small. You can only fit the tiniest treats in there. No good for guinea pigs or rabbits, only smaller animals.

NEW HEAVY DUTY EXTRA LARGE FOLDING SUPERMARKET GROCERY SHOPPING BOOT CART CRATE BOX TROLLEY 35KG CAPACITY FOLDS FLAT GREEN
Offered by MotorGuard

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard working, 18 April 2016
It feels a little flimsy, but we're 2/3 of the way through the school year and it hasn't broken. It still carries my books around when changing classrooms.

Miquelrius - Big Backpack LANDSCAPE BRITTO 37723MQ
Miquelrius - Big Backpack LANDSCAPE BRITTO 37723MQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 April 2016
Gorgeous, well made bag.

I took this to a gallery event attended by Romero himself! None of the other guests had seen it before.

Creative Cursing: A Mix 'n' Match Profanity Generator
Creative Cursing: A Mix 'n' Match Profanity Generator
by Jillian Panarese
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 18 April 2016
This went down really well in the secret santa.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3