Profile for Mr. C. W. Curtis > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. W. Curtis

Mr. C. W. Curtis (Norfolk U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Atkins Endulge Crispy Milk Chocolate, Low Carb, Low Sugar Snack Bar, 15 x 30g
Atkins Endulge Crispy Milk Chocolate, Low Carb, Low Sugar Snack Bar, 15 x 30g

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver!, 3 July 2012
I have to say without these chocolate bars I would not have lasted on my lo Carb diet plan. The bars taste very good and the texture of chocolate and crispiness is perfect. I expected the chocolate to taste a little peculiar but it is delicious.My husband who is not really into sweet things also tried one and loved it. The price of the bars individually left me spluttering but I managed to get this bulk pack at a very good fair price. Well worth buying if, like me you cannot live without chocolate in your life!! I'm ready to order a second box...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Top, 5 Jun. 2012
Super top for running in.
Slight wind resistant on front but completely breathable.
Looks great too (or would on a fitter bloke)
Only criticism is its a bit pricey for a running top, but as I love Ron Hill stuff I've kinda got used to it!

DURAGADGET Vehicle Air Vent Mount With Adjustable And Padded Holder For Apple iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 5 Jun. 2012
Easy to fit and holds a phone perfectly! What more to say?
I liked it so much I bought another one for my wifes' car.
Ford Mondeo (05 plate)
Fiat Punto (07 plate)
As others have said, there are no fitting instructions but it really is self explanatory. The only one thing you need to bear in mind is that the buttons (for releasing phone) go to the bottom.
I was a bit worried if my phone would fit as I have an iPhone 4 in a bulky "Griffin Defender" case. Worry not the device opens up very wide and would hold much larger items i.e. Sat Navs etc.

Griffin PowerJolt Dual In-Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S and iPod (1 Amp x 2 USB) - Black
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 27 May 2012
After trying numerous chargers for my iPhone 3GS and subsequently iPhone 4 I was getting a bit sick of the "device not supported" error message!
No such problems with this little device.
Very small and tidy. As a non smoker I can leave the plug in the socket and close the compartment fully, only plugging in the cable when required.
Haven't tried charging 2 iPhones yet but no reason to expect problems, and this wasn't an important feature for me. (How often do you get 2 iphones in desperate need of a charge at the same time?)
I am so pleased I've bought another one for my wife's car.

World of Data® - 3m HDMI to DVI Cable - Premium Quality / 1080p (Full HD) / v1.3 / Video / DVI-D (Dual Link) 24+1 Pins / 24k Gold Plated
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 29 April 2012
Great lead and great value for money.
Does exactly what it says it does.
I used it to connect my fairly old computer to a new large screen LCD HD Television. (The old little monitor was looking very dull and the pixels were starting to fail).
The result is fantastic. The picture quality is stunning and has really brought the old computer back to life.

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect, 29 April 2012
These are fantastic.
They simply plug in, pair up (which consists of pushing a button on each one within two minutes of each other) and away you go. All for £36!
A few years ago I put an Xbox in one of the bedrooms and went to the trouble of fitting Ethernet extension wires. Lots of work, lots of fiddly connector fitting and to be honest lots of money.
This time I moved it to another room, I used these and job done in about 10 minutes. I wish I'd known about these the first time.
With these there's the advantage of moving everything whenever you want and of course extending with further units (about £25).
Cannot fault or find anything even slightly negative.
Oh just one little thing :-
Don't buy extra Ethernet cables like I did as two 1m cables are supplied (which I didn't recall/or missed in the description)
Simply Perfect

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Necessary Evil, 20 Mar. 2012
I'm not going to waste my time and yours writing a pretentious review covering all the reasons why I feel this book isn't as good as the previous ones but just be assured it isn't.

Obviously if you've got this far you, like me you will continue to read everything Mr Martin produces in this series.
I just felt it got a little tied up in itself. This episode spends even less time on action and events and more on plot/character building and for the first time I found myself getting confused at the depth.(maybe more my failings than Mr Martins). Thank the seven gods for A Wiki of Ice and Fire!

That aside there are "some" exciting parts that literally had me unable to put it down.

Another observation is the increasing "titillation" in relation to the sexual scenes. I'm certainly no prude but it seems a little excessive for the sake of "sex sells" for me.

I still enjoyed it and would recommend. Just not quite up to Book 3 (part 1 and 2) which is my personal favourite.

Sight Station Ascot Black Reading Glasses Strength 1
Sight Station Ascot Black Reading Glasses Strength 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Glasses, 19 Mar. 2012
Very happy with these glasses and can confirm pretty much what the advert says.

They work, are comfy and look smart/trendy (I'm told)!

The case is a soft fabric one but for a fiver and free postage I would really wouldn't expect anything more.

Will probably buy a couple more pairs for round the house and at work etc.

Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks, 19 Mar. 2012
Hard to get too excited about socks but these are great, comfy socks for running in. Holds the foot well, gripping at the arches and providing slight padding in the impact areas of the heel and balls (of the foot! before anyone gets the urge to comment).

Have worn these now for several runs and suffered no discomfort in the foot. Even whilst using my 5 year old running shoes that I should really be thinking of replacing.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, but!, 19 Mar. 2012
Nice little light weight hat that seems to protect head from the cold whilst allowing it to breath.

Cant say Ive used (or probably will)the little pocket on the back but some may find it useful.

I can see the benefits in using this under a cycle helmet as mentioned in another review as it really is that lightweight. And that brings me to my only negative point:- Its so lightweight, close fitting and shiny smooth it looks like a swimming hat.

Will save this for those morning/evening runs when its still DARK!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4