Profile for Windy Whippet > Reviews

Content by Windy Whippet

Windy Whippet "Hawkesy58" (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, predictable and way too much repetition and padding., 5 Mar. 2017
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Paperback)
There is so much repetition and needless padding in this book I felt like I'd had deja vu. On too many occasions I was reading chapters and thinking 'just get on with it'. The page count could be halved easily. On the plus side it was a quick read (I did skip lots of pages) and this book will probably be forgotten about tomorrow. On to the next one.

Self Heating Cat Kennel with One Way Privacy Window Fully Assembled
Self Heating Cat Kennel with One Way Privacy Window Fully Assembled
Offered by Home and Roost

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great on the patio, 11 Oct. 2016
This looks fabulous and would be perfect if our cat decided to actually use it. Instead, she's opted to use the window in to our garage and make her home there during the nights.

Looks great, easy to put together and I'm sure works for others - but our cat is a right fussy one and seems to like having oversized spaces for what she needs. Apart from that, perfect.

Hycote XDVL606 Double Acrylic Spray Paint for Volvo 150 ml - Dark Grey
Hycote XDVL606 Double Acrylic Spray Paint for Volvo 150 ml - Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the colour I expected, but turned out better than I imagined!, 11 Oct. 2016
Used this to renew my alloy wheels, which were looking a little tired to say the least. Whilst ordering this I also ordered epoxy resin filler as well as Hycote primer - a must.

Used together (epoxy to fill the chips and scratches, and primer to fill any light scratches) you'll have a fantastic result. It takes a bit of work and time but it's so worth it.

A local company quoted me £360 to 'refresh' my wheels, I'd done the same thing for a little under £30. Don't get me wrong the finish isn't perfect (how could I without professional tools?) but they'll easily pass a close inspection test. On the whole really happy with this product. If anything the narrow spurt of paint will help you (and save on wastage too). My advice however would be to hold it at least a foot away from what you're spraying, then 'pulse' the spray i.e. short bursts of spray as this does run VERY easily. If however you do get the odd run, it's frighteningly quick-drying so with some high grit paper you can smooth out and start again.

As I say, this got the job done. Not the colour I thought it would be (my naivety) but the results were quality. You won't believe how quick this stuff dries. Put on a shed load of lacquer afterwards and you'll be good to go. Hope this helps.

Eucryl 50g Smokers Freshmint Toothpowder
Eucryl 50g Smokers Freshmint Toothpowder

5.0 out of 5 stars Gnashers never looked so good, and saved me a fortune!, 28 Sept. 2016
Having recently returned from the dentist after having not had a checkup for 3 years. Nothing wrong with my teeth apart from some heavy staining - due to me being fond of the odd black coffee and occasional glass (or, lets face it, a bottle) of red wine.

The dentist quite happily offered to remove the stains from my teeth 'for only £90'. To which I quickly turned down the offer, passed on my thanks and ran out of there wondering what I could have let myself in for - or what else I would rather buy for that amount of money.

Fear not, on return home I quickly logged on to Amazon and came across this stuff. I'm not a smoker, but thought 'ah, for a few bob it'll be worth a go' and hastily ordered a tub. On delivery (which was very fast I may add) I immediately threw the dog off my lap and ran to the bathroom and began brushing away.

With an electric toothbrush this stuff is incredible. You can literally see the stains being brushed away before your eyes. A few more weeks of this and I'll be able to read in the dark with my pearly whites. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Mens Womens Traditional Flat Cap Wool Acrylic Light Grey Herringbone Design Size 59cm
Offered by Raintopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits lovely, but I look like a train driver., 13 Oct. 2015
It's a lovely product and the delivery was superb when it arrived originally. Although, I don't think hats suit me (as much as I want them to). I do look like a 1920's train driver or chimney sweep but that's my problem for having a head that wasn't designed to make hats look good.

5 stars for the product and service. 0 stars for my head.

Daily Mail: Big Book of Quick Crosswords 3 (The Daily Mail Puzzle Books)
Daily Mail: Big Book of Quick Crosswords 3 (The Daily Mail Puzzle Books)
by Daily Mail

5.0 out of 5 stars Still working my way through..., 13 Oct. 2015
There are a lot of repeaters in here, which is understandable I guess. There's also some words that you wouldn't necessarily agree with, but hey. That's life.

It's kept me going quite nicely for when I've the odd bit of spare time to sit down and work through, it's something different to keep the mind ticking over. You'll enjoy!

Pedigree Can in Gravy Marrowbone 6 x 400 g (Pack of 4, total 24 cans)
Pedigree Can in Gravy Marrowbone 6 x 400 g (Pack of 4, total 24 cans)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love it!, 13 Oct. 2015
I've no idea what this tastes like, so this obviously has to be taken from an observational viewpoint. But I can assure you two very fussy whippets love eating this. Not everyday, this is treat mixed in with dry food twice or so a week.

By the looks on their faces they love eating it. However, at the other end (20 or so minutes later) we do get the odd gas cloud that threatens to force us out of the room temporarily. I can live with it though, as it's a nice way to break up the monotony of eating dry food all the time.

Your dogs will love you for buying it, if you have a whippet just make sure you have adequate ventilation. Especially as they're just dropping off to sleep after their mini-banquet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the official product, 13 Oct. 2015
You can't argue with the price. Considering the official cases cost an arm and a leg they were always out of the question. This does the job perfectly, without adding too much additional weight (it's hardly noticeable).

Quality-wise it's spot on. Colour is very neat and smart-looking. It looks like it costs a lot more.

The best thing is the range of colours, I may purchase one or two more in other colours just for a change now and again.

No complaints at all, top product and first class sellers!

The Martian
The Martian
by Andy Weir

5.0 out of 5 stars One the best I've read., 11 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Martian (Paperback)
Breathtaking. Scientific. Funny. Sad. Serious. Living through adversity. Survival. there's lots more I could throw down here.

You have to read it. End of.

Gusti Leder nature "John 15" Genuine Leather Satchel Messenger Shoulder Bag Business Office Briefcase Vintage College University Laptop Bag Unisex Brown U2

5.0 out of 5 stars Early days - but the signs look good., 6 July 2015
Ordered at 16:30 Sunday night, turned up 11am the next morning - can't get better than that!

Pros:
1. On arrival the package was small and nicely wrapped - looked very professional.
2. My first thoughts were, this is almost the perfect mix of looking casual whilst still keeping the professional edge - exactly what I was looking for.
3. Ideal size - fits my laptop snug and expands to hold lots more stuff: I can get my notepad, tablet, phone, earphones in with plenty of room left.
4. Sits well on my shoulder and hangs nice on my back - comfortable fit.
5. Looks great and smells nice too - kept the dogs interested for a few minutes (before getting bored and going back to sleep)
6. Price - well made for the price, if it only lasts a year I won't complain as it didn't break the bank to buy (other satchels can cost 50+ and only last 12 months).

Cons:
1. Haven't had it long enough to pick up on any user issues.
2. The only criticism I have is the strap - the buckle/clasp sits right on my chest, other bags this tends to be connected to the bag itself so is out of the way. This is a minor criticism however and nothing I'm going to be unhappy about long-term.

Hope this was useful. If you order it, enjoy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3