Profile for J. Wright > Reviews

Content by J. Wright

J. Wright (Cowes, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Faro Barcelona Hotel 29946 – LED Aplique, Metal and Textile Display – Black
Faro Barcelona Hotel 29946 – LED Aplique, Metal and Textile Display – Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lamps, 26 July 2014
Fitted two of these lamps above our bed and they are brilliant. Good light in general and the reading arms are perfect.

Ghosts
Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining Stories – Highly Recommended, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Ghosts (Kindle Edition)
I’ve always liked ghost stories, but I’m not into horror so these stories were perfect for me. Each story is just the right length to sit and read while you have a much-deserved half hour sit down with some tea and biscuits. Although I did find I was unable to put down the book and carried on to the next story! The author says they are going to publish more, and I hope they do because these really are well-written page-turners.

Red is for Rubies (Choc Lit)
Red is for Rubies (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read, 11 May 2014
Having read all Linda's previous books and short stories, I was really looking forward to her latest novel - and I wasn't disappointed. She has a brilliant style of writing which transports you effortlessly into her world, helping you to see and understand her characters so well. I have enjoyed her historical books but I hope she writes more contemporary novels, as I found this one very hard to put down. A real page turner that I highly recommend.

Emma - There's No Turning Back (Choc Lit)
Emma - There's No Turning Back (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book by Linda Michelmore, 15 Dec. 2013
This is the second book in what is supposed to be a trilogy about the ups and downs in the very exciting life of Emma Le Goff. I really enjoyed the first book ( To Turn Full Circle ) and this follow up is just as good - if not better. Brilliant characters that keep you turning the pages long after you should have turned the lights out and gone to sleep! I'm hoping book three will be published soon as I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Shadows Of Conflict
Shadows Of Conflict

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 14 Oct. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Not only was the plotline good, but the background history of the area was fascinating. I've read all of the authors books and really hope she brings out another one soon.

How To Eat Loads And Stay Slim: Your diet-free guide to losing weight without feeling hungry! (How To Do Everything And Be Happy)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best diet book I've ever bought, 2 Jun. 2013
Despite the negative comments about the writing style, I found the interaction between the two authors very entertaining, not to mention refreshing. So many diet books consist of a few pages of information followed by pages of recipes, most of which sound fine but would require my days to be increased by at least two hours so I could buy and prepare it all. Most of us have busy (but not necessarily physically active!) lives and just don't have the time for endless calorie counting and the like. I found this book full of useful information that I can incorporate into my life with very little effort - brilliant.

Hope for Hannah (Choc Lit)
Hope for Hannah (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from LInda Mitchelmore, 11 May 2013
I really enjoyed Linda's first book "To Turn Full Circle", and "Hope for Hannah" is just as compelling. She captures the period so well, and her characters are full of life. I agree with the other reviewer, a sequel to this book would be wonderful. I believe there is to be a sequel to "To Turn Full Circle" which I'm very much looking forward to reading. Hopefully Linda will write many more.

Ice And A Slice
Ice And A Slice

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Page Turner, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ice And A Slice (Kindle Edition)
I've always loved Della Galton's writing, but I think this book has to be her best to date. It manages to be both amusing and heartbreaking, and you are swept along with SJ (the main character) as she faces her inner demons - not to mention a load of unsympathetic relatives!
As well as being a darn good read, this book also helps you to understand the age-old problem of alcoholism. I found it hard to put down, and am look forward to Della's next novel.

You Can't Love a Stranger & Other Stories
You Can't Love a Stranger & Other Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 29 Nov. 2012
If you love animals then you'll love these stories. An excellent selection of short stories for you to dip into whenever you need cheering up. Teresa Ashby always leaves you with a smile on your face.

There must be Horses
There must be Horses

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 28 Nov. 2012
I agree with the other two reviews, you don't need to be a horse lover to love this book, but by the end of it you will have a much better understanding of these wonderful creatures. Whilst this book is written for teenagers, I'm way past that age and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story touches your heart and I was in tears in places. Diana Kimpton has produced many excellent books for younger readers, but I think this is her first for older children - hopefully it won't be her last. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5