Profile for CyX > Reviews

CyX

Page: 1 | 2
Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Confetti) 2014 Range
Maxi-Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Confetti) 2014 Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seat, but the "up to 4 years old" might be a bit of a stretch., 6 Feb. 2016
This product met our expectations and we recommend it.

Some minor issues:
- When turned on the side the seat is not straight, so once you place your child in and turn back the chair you need to re-adjust the child a bit on the seat so it can sit comfortably.
- My child is not even 2.5 years old and he barely fits. I don't think we will be able to use this until he is 4. I am guessing that 4 years old is just the average, i.e. average height considering both boys and girls.

TeckNet TeckCam 20 Wi-Fi Baby/Pets Monitor Wireless/Wired Pan/Tilt IP Camera Video Monitoring IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter for Home Security Video Recording, 720p HD 1280 x 720P Quality, 350° View, Night Vision, 2-Way Audio and Smart Motion Detection

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not support 3rd party apps., 6 Feb. 2016
I returned this item soon after I got it. The video streamed OK on my PC and the quality was fine, but their app did not work with my tablet. Unlike my other camera (a Foscam) this camera can not be used with 3rd party software which is a big disadvantage.

This camera seems to be a rebranded ANNKE Sparkle 1, so search with that name if you need additional info.

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard, Mouse and Numeric Pad Set - UK Layout

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider this only if you absolutely need a split keyboard. Avoid the mouse., 6 Feb. 2016
I have mixed feelings about this keyboard/mouse combo. I give the mouse 2.5 stars and the keyboard 3.5 stars (so 3 stars average).

I had the original MS Natural Elite and then I moved to the Logitech split keyboard (Cordless Desktop Comfort Laser). Unfortunately Logitech stopped making split keyboards some years ago, so I changed to their "Wave" keyboard, which never felt as comfortable. I bought the Sculpt a bit more than a month ago and now I am getting used again to split keyboards - I hope that it will feel as natural as the previous split keyboards I had (so far I don't feel as comfortable with it. I hope it is just a matter of time)

*Mouse* 2.5 Stars
There is nothing special about the mouse. It is just an average mouse, not a particularly good one. I didn't find it any more "ergonomic" or comfortable than my previous mouse (a Logitech M705) and I am bit less accurate with this mouse. The 2 side buttons are pretty bad: They are less customizable than those on Logitech mice, and you have to press them in a particular way otherwise the click doesn't register! Also, if I am selecting a large paragraph of text it will sometimes lose the selection and I will have to start from the beginning.

*Keyboard* 3.5 Stars

Pros:
+ It looks good
+ The keys feel nice, like nice laptop keys.
+ The separate number pad is something positive for me, since I rarely use it.
+ I like the split layout (the main reason I bought it).
+ it is wireless. I hate wires and this is the only widely available wireless split keyboard.

Cons:
- No dedicated media buttons (I solved this problem, see bellow)
- The layout is cramped on the right side. They tried to make it as compact as possible, but this comes at the cost of usability. I often press the wrong key if I try to press e.g. one of the arrow keys without looking.
- The soft arm rest feels nice but it seems to be somewhat absorbent (like a cloth) and it gets dirty easily (and you can't just wipe it clean)
- The Ctrl key gets "virtually" stack every now and then. I have to press it again to make the keyboard work properly. This is VERY annoying.
- The software offers very limited customization of the keys.
- The function keys are actually buttons and they don't feel as nice. Not a huge problem for me.

This keyboard wins points for being the only widely available wireless split keyboard. If you want a wireless ergonomic keyboard then this keyboard has very little competition and you should try it. But if you are not looking specifically for an ergonomic keyboard then I will suggest to stay away because this keyboard has several issues.

Avoid the mouse unless the keyboard/mouse combo is less than £15 more expensive than the keyboard only option. The mouse in my opinion doesn't worth more than £15. (only problem is that then you will need to use 2 different USB receivers)

Personally I would have returned this product (especially after the Ctrl key started getting stack) but I stayed with it because of the lack of alternatives for this sort of keyboards.

Regarding the media buttons I use the free program AutoHotkey (and AudioSwitch for the audio, but everything can be done with just AutoHotkey) to remap certain keys. So now the "Pause" button acts as a "play/pause" toggle, the "ScrLk" button acts as a "next track", "PgUp / PgDn" are "Volume UP / Down" and "Insert" is a "Mute" toggle. This way I never need to use the function keys switch. I used AudioSwitch to remap the sound related functions (volume up / down / mute) because I already had that program and it gives you an indication on the screen when you are increasing/ decreasing the volume or muting, which I believe AutoHotkey doesn't.

Audioengine A2+W Powered Desktop Speakers (Pair) in Gloss White
Audioengine A2+W Powered Desktop Speakers (Pair) in Gloss White
Offered by AudioVisual Online

4.0 out of 5 stars I expected more sound for the price, 17 April 2014
UPDATE: 13 June 2014

As my experience with the speakers was far worst than what most people claimed in other reviews I decided to return them and get a new set.

The replacement arrived a few days ago (after a long delay because they were out of stock) and they perform significantly better.

Had I received the properly performing speakers in the first place then I would have given them 5 stars. However I will raise my rating from 3 to just 4, since there seems to be some quality control issues, at least in my case.

-------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW 17 April 2014
-------------------------------------

I bought these speakers based on the very good reviews but I have to say I am a bit disappointed.

These speakers look really nice and solid, exactly what I would expect for £180. Their size is good for my desk, anything bigger and it would look a ridiculous, which is the reason I avoided buying some bigger, uglier speakers.

Unfortunately I don't feel I got my money's worth in terms of sound. I didn't expect them to be as good as my Hi-Fi system, but I expected them to sound better than my old Altec Lansing 2100 (2.1) and to blow out of the water the cheapo Logitech Z120 which I had been using as a temporary solution for the last few months. I remember my Altec Lansing system, which was less than half the price, sounding at least as good if not better than the A2s, and it was able to fill the room with music, while for the A2s you need to be very close to them in order to get good results.

And I had to do A/B testing to ensure that the A2s sound significantly better than the Logitech Z120!! Obviously the conclusion is that they do sound better, but the difference is not so great to justify the 15x price difference, especially when you consider the fact that the A2s are 4 times bigger and use a lot more watts than the USB driven Z120.

Pros:
- They look great
- Solid Build
- Flexible placement
- Good sound (but not good enough for the price)

Cons:
- Not a great value for money (unless looks is the most important factor)
- Volume knob at the back of the left speaker (It helps the looks of the speakers but it is not practical)

Conclusion:
These would be 5 star speakers for £80-90. If you don't mind paying twice as much for the good looks and you absolutely need to have a 2.0 instead of a 2.1 speaker system then go for it.

Otherwise, you would probably be better off with bigger speakers (which might look ugly and not fit nicely on your desk) or, the best alternative in my opinion, a good 2.1 speaker system for the same price or less, which would give better sound, would have smaller satellite speakers which would fit even nicer on a desk and could also offer a remote with volume control, headphone out etc.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 8:51 PM BST

Snopake HangGlider Suspension Files Polypropylene with Tabs Foolscap Assorted Ref 10279 [Pack of 25]

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, 7 April 2014
I got this today. It seemed like an open box item, with the tape broken on the sides. Not a huge deal for such a product (the files were fine) but still I would expect better packaging for the price.

The files look much nicer than the regular paper ones, and the tabs fit nicely, but still I am not sure if the price can be justified (over 30)

3 stars for now due to the price. If they turn out to be as durable as they claim then I will change my rating to 4.

Here are the exact dimensions:

Rail width: 40.5cm
File width: 37.3cm
File total height (from the top of the rail): 24.5cm
*Your drawer depth (from the runners to the bottom) should be 23.7cm minimum to fit these
Distance between runners: 37.9cm - 39.4 (center is about 38.6cm)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2015 11:30 AM GMT

Sweex 10 inch Neoprene Sleeve - Black/Grey
Sweex 10 inch Neoprene Sleeve - Black/Grey
Offered by SC-Systems

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 7 April 2014
I got this 2 years ago for my Motorola Xoom and now I can use it for my iPad Air (although it is a bit too big for the Air).

The quality is good, and it is reversible (black or gray) . No complains after using it for 2 years.

GET GPGPTFAN4TB 4-inch Glass 4-inch Turbo Panel extractor Fan with Timer - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, 7 April 2014
I bought this because of the looks and because of the brand. I searched extensively and most other fans of this type were really ugly and would ruin my bathroom design.

Unfortunately it only excels in the looks department. When it comes to performance as a fan it is average at best. Also, the reliability is questionable, as the first one I got stopped working within a month while its replacement was delivered with the front glass shuttered, so I had to wait for the replacement of the replacement. Thankfully Amazon were great as always, and now I have an amazing looking and OK performing fan in my bathroom.

Pampers Premium Protection Nappies New Baby Monthly Saving Pack - Size 2, Pack of 240

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, 7 April 2014
These nappies do not prevent leaks in the case of our baby as such leaks happen at least once a day... but then again the 1 other brand we tried wasn't any better.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars No noticeable improvement, 7 April 2014
Before buying this I had a Crucial M4 64GB as my Operating System drive but I needed higher capacity, so I got this one. I didn't run any benchmarks but the real world experience with this drive is not any better than the one I had with my M4. So if I were to buy again I would have probably gone with a "slower" SSD with higher capacity.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 11:26 PM BST

Babyway Baby Carrier 3-in-1
Babyway Baby Carrier 3-in-1

3.0 out of 5 stars We don't use it much., 7 April 2014
We wanted this product so we could wear our baby in the house but we rarely do so because it is not very easy for one person alone to wear this thing and then put the baby in. It seems that it needs 2 adults to do this "initial setup" which is not very practical in our case.

That said the quality is good - especially for the price, and the baby seemed happy in it the few times we tried it.

Page: 1 | 2