Profile for Zac Tolley > Reviews

Content by Zac Tolley

Zac Tolley

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
USB Type-C, Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with Power Delivery for Apple MacBook, Nexus 5X / 6P and PowerIQ for iPhone, iPad, Samsung & More
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Ankers best product, 30 Nov. 2016
I have various anker chargers including a different anker charger with USB C and bought this because the old one didn't charge my MacBook fast enough. I always buy Anker because generally they are really good.

I was looking forward to a charger that would charge like Apples 29W and also have ports for my phone and iPad, thought it would be compact like ankers other chargers.

So why the bad review? The charger is huge, way bigger than other anker chargers and way bigger than the Apple one, though strangely light. It won't work with apples usb c to lightning cable so I can't use it to fast charge an iPad Pro or my phone using that cable. All this and it isn't a cheap charger. I ended up buying a spare Apple 29w charger and carry that with a cable for my phone and another for my laptop. This may all sound picky but when you want to save space in your bag it's important.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Hulkbuster Figure (PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Mediacentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 30 Jan. 2016
Looks cool and flies

APC Back-UPS BX - Uninterruptible Power Supply 1400VA, - BX1400UI - AVR, 6 Outlets IEC-C13, USB, Shutdown Software

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, easy to use, well made, 30 Jan. 2016
Quick and easy to setup and provides an hour protection for my nas, server and router. Even better, by plugging it into my server and creating a couple of scripts it's easy to know when the power goes down and when power is low, shut things down in a controlled way.

GENUINE BT Openreach - MK3 2014 Version - vDSL Interstitial Faceplate, ADSL Filter & I-Plate / iplate, Replaces NT2000 / NT2005 and iPlate, ADSL / ADSL2 / BT Infinity Compatible

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine BT part, 30 Jan. 2016
Bought to replace BT plate that went bad, did the trick.

Belkin Male to Male Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable, 1.8 m - White
Belkin Male to Male Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable, 1.8 m - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable, 30 Jan. 2016
Much better than any of the other modem cables out there and definitely better than the cable that comes with your router/modem. Quality cat 5e cable, well constructed connections, this cable will help combat interference. By using this my connection became more stable and increased by 5meg. It's surprising how important the cable between the wall socket and your modem is. The only way you'll get better is to make your own rj45 to rj11 over cat 5 and who has time for that!

D-Link DSL-35MF - UK ADSL MICROFILTER - BT SOCKET AND RJ-11 UK
D-Link DSL-35MF - UK ADSL MICROFILTER - BT SOCKET AND RJ-11 UK
Offered by NETWORK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good quality filter, 30 Jan. 2016
I've had a few micro filters which gave varying speeds, this one is the most robust, the smallest and gave me the fastest speeds, even faster than the micro filter built into my BT socket. If you need a microfilter, get this one.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Starter Pack (Nintendo Wii U)
Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Starter Pack (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Mediacentre

2.0 out of 5 stars Infinity 3.0 is great, but the WiiU version is a poor port, 30 Jan. 2016
I have infinity 3.0 on my WiiU, PS3, PS4 and Appletv and the worst by far is the WiiU version. The graphics look more like Wii than WiiU, two player is even worse and everything is slow slow slow. I'm no hardcore gamer, but even I think this is just bad, and don't get me started that they didn't do 2 player properly using the game pad.

I know the WiiU isn't as powerful as the PS4, but it is still capable of so much more than this. Games like splatoon and Mario show what the console can do and you get the feeling that the developers just didn't put the time or effort into porting the engine to is platform.

The only reason I'm giving it a 2 is because infinity 3.0 is really really good. The ability to buy figures on a whim and the fact that you put them on the base and they come to life in the game really works, way better than Amiibo. There so much out there for this for free too, loads and loads of games and levels from Disney and people in the infinity community and it feels like it's always changing.

Oh and it sucks you can't play with your friends via a network cross-console.

So if this is your only console, get it, but if you have an old PS3 or want an excuse to splash out on the Apple TV version with the controller, do that.

Micro Filter for BT / Talk Talk / Sky Broadband- Cable Type
Micro Filter for BT / Talk Talk / Sky Broadband- Cable Type
Offered by Bristol Communications & Electrical LTD - VAT Registered

2.0 out of 5 stars Made my connection slower., 20 Nov. 2015
Compared to the micro filter built into my BT socket, this one, when plugged into the master socket, actually made my connection slower.

Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Badger and Boar Bristle Shaving Brush
Progress Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Badger and Boar Bristle Shaving Brush
Offered by For Men's Grooming

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value brush, 2 Sept. 2015
Maybe not as big and bushy as the more pricey ones but it makes a nice lather, feels nice and doesn't take up too much room in my bag.

Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)
Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)
Offered by LaBarbiera

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple small block of alum, 2 Sept. 2015
I haven't tried alum blocks before so this is my first. Feels good. Its a bit small so not sure how long it will last. Unlike some I have seem there is no holder, it's just a block, but I like it. Next time around I'll buy the same again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5