Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Mark

NEW Memory Foam Seat Cushion by MemorySoft - Premium Contoured Pad Design Created to Reduce Coccyx, Sciatica, and Tailbone Pain, plus Improve Posture - Soft & Comfy with Non-Slip Rubber Bottom - Works well with a Lumbar Support Pillow!
Offered by MemorySoft UK

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 20 Jun. 2016
Delivery was one day ahead of schedule - which was awkward since I was out.
Comfort: 4/5 If anything it is slightly small in the leg - I'd prefer something with an extra 2 inches, tapering down to the front, in order to minimise pressure on the back of the thigh. But otherwise it's excellent.
Quality of construction: 4/5 Without looking inside, it seems to be fine.
Durability: I've only had it a week, so can't really comment yet. If I remember I'll update this in a year's time!
Value for money: 5/5 It's a lot less overpriced than some of the competition, and if it does the job then it is good value.

A Piano In The Pyrenees: The Ups and Downs of an Englishman in the French Mountains
by Tony Hawks

1.0 out of 5 stars Tony Hawkes does capture the spirit of place pretty well - it all feels like Sussex fifty years ..., 17 Oct. 2014
I live very near to where the author lived in France. I'm using the book to (informally) teach English to some of the folk from my village. And yes, Tony Hawkes does capture the spirit of place pretty well - it all feels like Sussex fifty years ago - laid back, gentle, kind, polite, not too much traffic on the road. Even the summers last as long as my childhood memories of England!

But that isn't the point of this review! Because I use the book to teach I need an invoice to claim my expenses, and Amazon doesn't seem to be sending statements with deliveries anymore. Which is a damn nuisance. Amazon is there any way you can fix this? I apologise for using the feedback mechanism to report this - but I can't find any other way to communicate with you.

Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

3.0 out of 5 stars German keyboard, 6 Mar. 2013
It's bizarre - but seemingly this is for a German keyboard only. If you look very closely at the image of the keyboard you'll see that this is as described - but it's a pity this information isn't also written prominently in the product description.
ALB were very good, and checked with me by email to make sure that a German keyboard was what I wanted - but I do have to ask why a German keyboard is the default for something sold on Amazon UK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 11:06 AM BST

Small Device Tool Kit - Screw Driver, Faceplate Pry Bars, Suction Cup & MORE!
Small Device Tool Kit - Screw Driver, Faceplate Pry Bars, Suction Cup & MORE!
Offered by XY Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 3 Mar. 2013
The plastic parts (levers for seperating joins) were too flimsy - and one broke with very little strength applied, and the other is looking rather worn down after only one use.
Also it would have been helpful if the metal screwdrivers had been magnetised.

TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 60 6" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps (45 Countries)

2.0 out of 5 stars TomTom Start 60 does not support favourites properly, 21 Nov. 2012
This is a great looking device - Love it! And except for a few things it works well too. But the "few things" are a killer.
It will not store any Favourites, nor will it store any user Points of Interest. (I can enter them, it says they are saved, but nothing shows up in the favourites list). This has been a problem since I first received the device. I've been getting by because the "Recent Destinations" list provides some of the same functionality, but this workaround is not at all satisfactory.
Following the (hard to follow, poorly written) instructions on the TomTom website I have done a soft reset, a factory reset, and a complete software reload. Nothing fixes it. The "MyTomTom" support software conceals all the details - at least with the old TomTomHome software you could see what was going on and take a stab at fixing any problems (not that there were any!)
Overall, I'm unimpressed with the software implentation, with the usability of the support software and with the quality of the documentation. And while I'm at it, I am critical of the menu system - there are some quite unintuitive features - I strongly suspect that TomTom didn't do any extensive user testing. However, as I said at the start - as a navigation device it is superb, great screen, very clear directions etc. it's just a shame they loused up the software so badly.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 2:02 PM BST