Profile for Twotoes > Reviews

Twotoes "Twotoes" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Charles Bentley Garden 75L Heavy Duty Garden Cart
Charles Bentley Garden 75L Heavy Duty Garden Cart

3.0 out of 5 stars or are the type of person who laughs in the face of flat pack instructions (and your shelves are still standing) then you might, 28 Oct. 2015
If you have a degree in mechanical engineering, or are the type of person who laughs in the face of flat pack instructions (and your shelves are still standing) then you might like the challenge of assembling this. Does it have instructions I hear you ask? Ha!! We laugh the face of them remember.... which is just as well because you will need a magnifying glass to see the diagram and you will just become frustrated that the bit of metal you are holding in your hand doesn't look like any of the tiny bits of metal in the drawing. You will also need a handy pot of nuts, bolts and washers to replace the faulty ones that they give you - washers that don't have completely round holes in the middle and single slot nut heads that don't actually have a slot.

Otherwise get a nice old fashioned wheelbarrow.

As to how well it functions or how long it will last I cannot say. I am too exhausted from assembling it right now to actually do any gardening, but its kind of fun wheeling it around the house.

Amazon: pay living wages to your workers
Amazon: pay living wages to your workers
by Amazon Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely!!!, 11 Jun. 2014
Absolutely Amazon. I have been using you less and less since the whole tax avoidance scandal and wherever possible I now try to purchase things elsewhere... this is not going to bring back my custom.

Shoulder Brace / Support (Posture Correcting) Medium ( Chest sizes : 35"- 40")
Shoulder Brace / Support (Posture Correcting) Medium ( Chest sizes : 35"- 40")
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, comfortable, works, but heed the 3hr per day warning., 10 Feb. 2012
I have owned one of these for about 3 months now and I have left the review until now to be sure that the product actually worked long term. I am writing a short and long version of this review. The short version for people who simply want to know about this shoulder brace, and the long version because I believe that my experiences might be helpful to people looking at this product.

So the short version - this is a good product. I have owned several of these over the last ten years or so and most just give you rashes where the straps rub. This one actually holds your shoulders in place. It's reasonably comfortable, although nothing like this is ever going to be completely comfortable, and the straps are nicely padded and do not dig in. It's been a real help to encouraging me to maintain a good posture, which encourages healing and goes a long way to relieve the pain in my neck and shoulders. One important thing though - the manufacturers recommend wearing this for no more than 3 hours a day and I urge anyone that buys one of these, or something similar, to stick to this. If you allow your back to rely on a support to hold the vertebrae in place the muscles will slowly waste away and you are likely to end up with bigger problems than you started with. All in all I absolutely recommend this to anyone who has chronic and ongoing issues with neck and shoulders and who is looking for something to help with posture, and relieve the strain on the neck caused by bad posture and so relieve the pain.

That was the short version.

This is the long version. First I must stress that I am not a doctor and I speak only form my own experiences.

I have slight degenerative arthritis in two of the vertebrae in my neck and I am prone to a bulging disc. This sounds a little scary but actually one or both of these things is very common and is the cause of many people's ongoing back troubles (Google them - but don't scare yourself - both of these things come in mild as well as severe forms). Most of us with the minor versions of these don't ever get diagnosed as it takes an MRI scan to identify them. I had to stomp my feet and complain very loudly to get one done, and even then it took me another 10 years to find a chiropractor who would / could actually explain the scan results to me and name my pain; neither my GP or the back specialist at the time did. I had pain in my neck and shoulders most days, sometimes in my whole back and often in my arms, elbows and hands. After the first 5 years I also started getting occasional lower back problems.

Sadly the NHS in the UK is unable to do much about back problems unless the problem becomes serious enough to warrant surgery - which is quite rightly not undertaken lightly on someone's spine. If you have similar problems your GP may have referred you to physiotherapy, which probably didn't help much, and if you are lucky you may have had acupuncture - but this only relieves the pain - it does not cure the problem or stop it getting worse. Also if you are lucky you may have found a good chiropractor or osteopath - these guys if good can be great - BUT - they cannot completely fix you on their own.

Just recently my neck and shoulders have vastly improved, and this has happened because I now know what is wrong with me, and I also know what I need to do minimise the pain, heal the disc, and stop the arthritis form getting worse. The one single most effective, thing that has helped me is to work on my posture, and it need not cost much. Unfortunately it has taken me ten long painful years to fully realise the significance and importance of posture, and to find an effective `teacher'. This shoulder support has been very helpful, but actually the most effective thing that I have done is to buy a book so I want to pass this onto you (no I don't now the author or have shares in her company and I am hoping it is okay to recommend it). The book is called "8 ways to a pain free back". They author has some UTube videos that you can look at and try out some of the techniques for free. Previously I had always though that improving my posture was down to sitting or standing up straight, which is something that I have never managed to maintain long term, but I find this ladies techniques really work - she is not teaching you to hold yourself straight, but she is teaching you to position yourself so that your back is correctly and comfortably `stacked' with very little effort. Pretty much from the first day my pain was reduced some 60%-80%.

So -the shoulder support that you are looking at is a good one but don't wear it for too long each day, find a good chiropractor, oh - also taking up yoga has been fantastic. Pilates is also good I understand. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables so you body has what it needs to heal. But most importantly sort out your posture so that the blood can get to the bits that it needs to in order to heal them, and so that the things causing the pain have a chance to stop getting worse and to heal.

Harley Correcting Shoulder Support
Harley Correcting Shoulder Support
Price: £37.45 - £44.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, confortable, works, but heed the warning re 3 hrs per day., 10 Feb. 2012

That was the short version.

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2012 9:53 PM GMT

The Little Mole Collection - 5-DVD Box Set ( Krtek a zelená hvezda / Krtek a kamarádi / Jak krtek ke kalhotkám prisel / Krtek ve meste ) ( The Mole and the Green Star / Mole's Friends / Mole's Adventure / How Mole Got His Pants / Mole in To
Dvd ~ Zdenek Miler
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 24 Nov. 2011
It's such a shame that they don't make children's TV like this any more. I highly recommend these for kids and adults who have not quite grown up yet. Mole is brilliant!! Comparable only to the Clangers and perhaps Bagpuss on a good day.

PATHFINDER 21 LED Headlamp Headlight - Lightweight, Comfortable and Weatherproof Flash Light/Torch - Water Resistant Safety Head Lamp - 4 User-Friendly Modes of Operation - Garage Workshop Garden Head lamp, Head Torch for Biking, Cycling, Climbing, Camping, Dog Walking, Hiking, Fishing, Night Reading, Riding, Running and other Outdoor and Indoor Activities - Adjustable Head Strap - 135 Degrees Adjustable Beam Angle - 100,000 Hours LED lifetime (in RETAIL PACKAGING) - SILVER
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived faulty, 11 Nov. 2011
On receipt the on/off control button did not work. Pressing the button sometimes would change the mode, but usually would have no effect. It also wasn't possible to turn the torch off. I have returned it for a refund. Presumably I have just been unlucky here and got a faulty one - but - issues like this make me wonder how well it is constructed, and however fantastic it is when it works I also wonder how long it will last, so I have reorderd a different brand.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 11:31 PM BST

Trixie 43551 Soria Scratching Post 45 x 45 cm Beige
Trixie 43551 Soria Scratching Post 45 x 45 cm Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 1 Aug. 2011
It takes my cat a couple of months to get used to anything new in the house, this included. But once she realised what it is for she absolutely loves it. It took her another couple of months to get the hang of the fact that it also has fun things on bits of elastic in holes that one can play with, but likewise once she got the hang of them she couldn't keep away. The best this is the size and studyness of post though. It's big enough for a full grown cat to actually properly stretch on it, which is what cats need. It also has proper sisal matting on the sides, rather than the string that is wrapped round and round some posts which cats tend not to like to much as it pulls unevenly at the claws. Its big enough for her to climb and when she is having her mad ten minutes she takes a running jump and scrambles up to the top and hangs there for a bit - importantly she can do this without it falling over. A year later this is still a firm favorite so if you are looking for something to help you cat keep her claws trip, to stretch on, and to have fun with to boot, this is just the ticket. It is also one of the cheaper ones in this size I noticed.

5 Speed Hand Mixer
5 Speed Hand Mixer

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish, 13 July 2011
This review is from: 5 Speed Hand Mixer
I gave up trying to beat the sugar and butter together for a cake with this and ended up doing it by hand. It probably would have been quicker if I had done the whole thing by hand from the start. It makes a kind of squeaking sound which is a bit worrying. There is very little power and as soon as you start to move it around the bowl the beaters slow down. There seem to be two speeds, although the dial sais five, I can only make out one discernable change in speed as you move the dial. The beaters are too short so the back of the body of the thing keeps catching against the inside of a medium sized mixing bowl. I'm not sure who designed the beaters but they seam to be very good at sending the mix flying across the room but don't actually mix it at all. After about 10 minues the body got too hot to hold and I had to stop and wait for it to cool down. Really I'm not sure that there was acually anything right about this product. Complete waste of money. Avoid - there are better brands out there for just a couple of quid more.

Home Accountz (PC/Mac/Linux)
Home Accountz (PC/Mac/Linux)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Recommend., 6 July 2010
Please don't take too much notice of the poor reviews on this product (few though they are). Many software releases these days restrict the license to one PC only. Migrating data always takes time but its not like you do it very often. There are always teething problems with new software, new operating systems etc - unfortunately this is just the way the industry operates and Accountz have to keep up to stay in business. On the plus side Accountz seem to respond very quickly to problems and with the upgrade download I haven't found any issues yet. They also have a very friendly forum where they have their own people answering questions, as well as the many other Accountz users who are usually happy to offer help.

As a MAC user I have found that this software is really a godsend. I have been using MS money on a virtual PC on my Mac as I have never been able to find an alternative Mac friendly home accounting software that was sophisticated enough to handle things like budgets, accounts and forecasting, but simple enough to not need an accountancy qualification to operate. If you are used to Money then, as someone else has mentioned, this might take a little while to get used to, and like all new software it takes time to familiarize yourself with a new system, but really I haven't found the process of switching from Money to Home Accountz to painful at all and Accountz also have a very helpful forum where you can get answers to pretty much all issues quickly and painlessly.

As a user of Business Accountz (also thoroughly recommended) I suppose I am perhaps a little biased - but I think Accountz are very good at putting together fairly sophisticated, yet easy to understand packages - and very cheaply too (although i suspect the price will go up as this version becomes established and more polished - this certainly happened with Business Accountz).

So if you are looking for a replacement for MS Money, or something similar, I can completely recommend this.

Silverline 264562 Jigsaw (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Silverline 264562 Jigsaw (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Toolville Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy. Serious design / manufacture flaw, 24 Jun. 2010
In this case trying to save a bit of money and go for cheaper option was a bad move. Sometimes you can purchase fantastic items from lesser known manufacturers for a fraction of the cost that work as well as, and often better than, the more expensive brands - but this is not one of those cases.

The mechanism for holding the blade to the saw is fiddley, but that's fine - I knew this when I purchased it. But it doesn't actually hold the blade properly and is made of a very soft metal. The result is that the blade frequently falls out whilst sawing and the first time I needed to deviate from cutting just a straight line, the metal housing that holds the blade twisted and bent and no longer holds the blade straight.

To compound the problem Silverline will not pay for postage on returns and the cost of returning this to them under guarantee is more than half the original cost of the item. By the time I have packed it up and driven to the post office it is not worth the inconvenience or the cost (and I would not want a replacement anyway). So although this item is cheap - it is basically money thrown away.

Unless you can get a recommendation on a cheaper brand - my advice is go for the known manufacturers - but definitely avoid Silverline.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2010 1:55 PM BST