Profile for Mr. J. Searle > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Searle

Mr. J. Searle "hippymanjas" (Bristol, UK)

Terrapin PU Leather Folio Case/Cover/Pouch/Holster for Amazon Kindle Fire 7 inch Tablet - Red with Floral Interior

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 4 Feb. 2013
My partner received a Kindle Fire for Xmas and wanted a case to keep it safe. She sent me a link to this one and she absolutely loved it when I bought it for her. Robust, stylish and does the job well. The reason it wasnt 5 star was it was on the pricey end for the the type of case, with other designs performing just as well but for a lower price.

How to Improve your Eyesight Naturally - 5 Different Ways that can help you Improve your Eyesight

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor title, 4 Feb. 2013
None of the techniques explained will "improve" your eyesight. Some examples will aid in visual comfort but the title seems misleading. Nothing would compare to regular check ups from your optometrist/optician who can help you to "improve" your eyesight and properly assess cases of red eye - which have many more causes than just "not blinking regularly".

Poltergeist: A Study in Destructive Haunting (FATE presents)
Poltergeist: A Study in Destructive Haunting (FATE presents)
by Colin Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 27 Nov. 2009
Wow, what a fantastic book to be introduced to Colin Wilson. It is certainly a page-turner with all of his accounts on the Poltergeist subject keeping you firmly gripped.

Covering everything from spiritualism, black magic, case studies and lots of ideas on what really is behind the poltergeist phenomenom - it literally covers it from all angles.

A definite read for anybody with any interest in the paranormal - it certainly has increased my knowledge in this subject, knowledge which will come in very useful in my future paranormal investigations!

Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)

4.0 out of 5 stars A better 360, 25 Jan. 2008
For many people, including myself, saw the Elite as just another money making spin-off with no added benefit to the people who already own 360s. However, after doing my research on the machine I found out how much better it is.

Noise - The first 360 I owned (Premium) was just nosey, my parents could hear it from the other side of the house and it ruined my enjoyment. The Elite is almost silent, especially when not using a games disc (i.e. using it for a DVD player/using downloaded content).

Reliability - This has been a major issue with 360 owners and although mine did break down in the first month of purchase I know that these machines are much more reliable than thir Core and Premium counterparts. Working for a games retailer, I've only seen one go wrong, that one being my own.

6x Storage space - May just seem a gimmick to start with, but I regularly use the online services available through this machine and download trial versions of Xbox Live Arcade games, HD movie rentals, trailers, demos, music videos and whatever is going free at the time. Believe it or not, already used up more space on my Elite than what the Premium offered me. The size of the hard drive is currently triple the size of the PS3 thats currently available in Europe.

HDMI Port - Not needed to use it yet, but it has a port for HD TVs that the earlier Premiums did not have. Some of the more recent ones do however, but not for sure. You WILL have an HDMI port available on your console if you buy the Elite. They also throw in the HDMI cable that you need.

Colour - It's black instead of white, so it usually fits in better with your current equipment. It's on superficial, but I quite like it.

All in all, I do recommend this console as it is a smart unit and everyhing is kept together nicely (and when yo get it, you basically buy a new warranty with Microsoft for the console, meaning another year of 360 gaming without worry of break down). If You have a Premium/Core I do recommed going for this one, although you may just want to buy the 120GB HD to add yourself to save money. Moreover, if you do upgrade for a new Elite, you do save money when buying it in a deal with some games you do not already own.