Profile for ShaunR > Reviews

The Railway Man
The Railway Man
by Eric Lomax

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Humbling, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Railway Man (Paperback)
This not the normal genre I choose but simply bought it because I am planning to visit Thailand and the River Kwai this year. I was truly humbled. Eric Lomax beautifully tells of the harrowing, brutal experiences as a POW on Burma / Thai railway. I was deeply moved by the humanity and compassion of Lomax. I look forward to my visit to Kanchanaburi however I will now view it in a different light, with Lomax’s words truly etched in my thoughts.

Roman III - The Wrath of Boudicca (The Roman Chronicles Book 3)
Roman III - The Wrath of Boudicca (The Roman Chronicles Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting Finale to the Roman trilogy, 22 Jun. 2013
Another excellent story told with remarkable skill, bringing a quite brutal era in ancient Briton alive. As with Roman 1 & 11 the plot follows the lives Prydain and Cassus to a fitting finale. The graphic, brilliantly penned battle scenes and detail of everyday life transport you back 2000 years to the days of Boudiccia. A real page turner and another excellent read.

Vampire
Vampire
by K. M. Ashman

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent read, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Vampire (Paperback)
After reading his first book Roman, I just had to try "Vampire" and was not disapointed. Another cracking read. could not put it down, really enjoyed it!!

Roman - The Fall of Britannia
Roman - The Fall of Britannia
by K. M. Ashman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, loved it, 28 Jan. 2012
I normally stick with my "safe" authors, but heard great reviews on a new exciting scribe and bought Roman to relax on holiday. What a great read!!!!! Kevin doesn't waste a word setting the scene so articulately, transporting you back 2000 years you can believe your actually there witnessing the thrills, fears, pain, glory and passion in a brilliantly researched well constructed story. Only problem was I couldn't put it down till I had finished. Cant wait to read his other books!!!