Profile for Jess > Reviews

Content by Jess

Jess "pesticat"

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Me and Fibromyalgia. the Long Awaited Cure.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Me and Fibromyalgia. the Long Awaited Cure.
by David Mickel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Intro, 24 Nov. 2013
I have used Mickel Therapy to excellent effect. I first used it seven years ago. After being bedridden with m.e. for two years, and very ill for many more, I finally have freedom, through having used MT. This book got me started. The book explains the theory behind the treatment, not how the treatment actually works. This is due to the fact for it to work best, it is better only to really discuss it in any detail with your Mickel Therapist. Having said that, I have heard from people who have recovered just from reading the book.... not saying that's likely to happen... just, it is a good book in explaining how your m.e. may well be caused and is a good pre-read, before under taking the treatment. I think many people who have used MT to good effect and even some therapists agree that perhaps the book should not be titled the 'cure'... just because MT usually takes a lot of work from the patient and isn't 'easy' to eliminate. Mine has not gone entirely, but I now live my life at 95% rather than 5% - I went from being completely bedridden to staying up dancing all night, within a few months, to climbing mountains, to travelling, to working long hours.... It might not work for everyone and it might not completely dissipate symptoms altogether, but, if you feel ready to try it, go for it. I had every m.e. symptom under the sun and had suffered and suffered with it all through growing up. By the time I heard about MT, I had tried everything, and I put my all into it.
One of the other posts here implies MT is about blaming the patient. This is completely untrue :-/ It's based on the theory that many many physical and mental illnesses are caused by emotional suppression... it's endemic in our society and nothing to be a ashamed of... it's just generally the way we live! - But there's a healthier way to aim for, and that might just help the hormones in your body calm down and stop sending as many or any nasty, insufferable m.e. symptoms to your body.
[...]
One last thing... Dr Mickel isn't arrogant... far from it... I think more just excited to have found something that helps. His wife had m.e. and was his first success story. I'e met many people who are symptom free from using MT, so give it a go, and don't let the cynics bring you down. Keep positive :-D xx
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 11:04 PM GMT

The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack of my life, 9 April 2005
This is my favourite album ever. Lauryn is a lyrical genius. Every song is beautiful and the album flows excellently to give the story of a life in love, out again, then back in. It's hard to choose which songs are superior becaus they're all so good. No wonder it won 5 Grammys. The rapping, the reggae, the soul, the beats, the voice- perfection!