Profile for Chris Walker > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Green
Logitech M525 Wireless Mouse - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, but it loses connectivity, 8 Jan. 2014
I bought this on the strength of having bought an M505 fairly recently, which I am delighted with. This is for another computer. It works fine, apart from the fact that it disconnects if left idle for more than about 5 minutes or I lock the PC when I walk away from it. It reconnects easily enough by switching the mouse off and on again, so it's only an irritation, but as a result, it doewn't get 5 stars. In all other respects, it works fine.

iFlash Dual USB Car Lighter Charger Adapter with 3A Output - fast Heavy Duty Ouput - Black Color

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to deploy, but not sure it delivers, 27 Nov. 2013
Tried this with a TomTom satnav and my mobile phone plugged in at the same time. When both were plugged in, the TomTom just kept restarting. Once I removed the phone, it worked fine. Surely a satnav doesn't draw THAT much power?? I also tried switching the sockets over - no difference.

Apart from that, it's small and neat. Maybe I am just unlucky. Not exactly expensive, so it might be worth considering something of higher quality.

Casio Unisex Watch CHF-100-1VER
Casio Unisex Watch CHF-100-1VER

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Casio - does the job, good value, loads of functionality, 27 Nov. 2013
This is actually bigger than I was expecting, but it is very light. Good value for money and seems to keep time well. I particularly like the fact that the analogue and digital displays of time are synchronised. Very masculine design, if that's your thing......

I also like the fact that the glass is recessed, which should reduce the likelihood of it being scratched, as happened to my last Casio watch.

You Can't Fix This
You Can't Fix This

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: You Can't Fix This (MP3 Download)
Wow!! I know absolutely nothing about Taylor Hawkins, but OMG - Stevie Nicks has rarely sounded better. WHAT a voice! Sends shivers down my spine. Wonderful sound overall - just fills my head. A seriously magical track - one of the best I have ever heard.

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living:  An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit geeky, but the message is clear and consistent, 30 Oct. 2013
As I'm into this sort of stuff, I enjoy the science and research that this book goes into - it will put some people off, however. The message is clear - cut down your carbohydrate intake! It has had beneficial results for me and the swcience in the book is utterly compelling if you can follow it. EVERYBODY should read this and take this message on board - it is so important, and this book proves why. Very highly recommended if you can stick with it.

iON Air Pro Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera/Camcorder (Mounts, Full HD, WaterProof, Shockproof)
Offered by S&W-Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 30 Oct. 2013
I've tried the GoPro Hero, and it's fine, but very fiddly - you really don't know whether it's on or not! I much prefer the bullet camera form factor anyway. This is so easy to use - just slide the button and it starts recording immediately. High quality video and snapshots, with vibrating feedback to know something is happening.

The app for your smartphone is very basic, and I initially had a lot of trouble getting the phone to recognise the camera properly. Resetting the camera worked. I used it to record large chinks of high quality video for the RideLondon 100. It seems to hold its charge well - another criticism of the GoPro - and I have never yet run out of battery. Really nice and well designed kit, if the app and software are a bit clunky. Comes with a range of fixings - I've only used it on the very neat handlebar mount, so can't comment on helmet mounting, etc.

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Geeky as hell, but this should be read by EVERY athlete, 30 Oct. 2013
Lots of science here, which I like, but not to everybody's taste. Howerver, the implications for the nation's eating habits are massive. The conclusions are inescapable, and I can vouch for them personally. Reduce your carbohydrate intake, increase good fat and you lose weight - yes, you really do! - and your performance levels go up. It's counter-intuitive and extraordinary. The research is of a very high quality and well described, but is sufficiently measured and hypeless to generate real gravitas. If you need scientific proof that a low carbohydrate lifestyle is the way to go, this is for you. It has improved my performance on the bike markedly.

Topeak Tri Dry Top Tube Bag - Black
Topeak Tri Dry Top Tube Bag - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, a little fiddly to close it whilst riding, 30 Oct. 2013
Good quality product - I particularly like the movable and removable divider in it. Attaches firmly to the bike frame and protects the contents well, but closing the cover was fiddly whilst on the move - you risk not covering the bag completely.

PCTV Systems DVB-T2 292e nanoStick HD TV Tuner - Watch, Pause & Record Digital Freeview Hi Definition and Standard Definition TV on your PC.  Stream LIVE TV to your iPad, iPhone, PC.
PCTV Systems DVB-T2 292e nanoStick HD TV Tuner - Watch, Pause & Record Digital Freeview Hi Definition and Standard Definition TV on your PC. Stream LIVE TV to your iPad, iPhone, PC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, EPG variable, 30 Oct. 2013
Very easy to set up and the picture quality is excellent, particularly HD. However, the EPG seems to need refreshing a lot and it's hit or miss whether HD EPG content shows up at all. It's stable and doesn't seem to interfere much with other PC operations like some others I've tried. It is a quality piece of hardware - maybe the software could be improved, but it's good for HD TV on your PC.

Belkin WeMo F7C027uk Switch Smart Plug (Wi-Fi Smart Plug, Control Lights and Appliances from Phone, Works with Amazon Alexa)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, rather expensive, 30 Oct. 2013
This works really well - I was surprised how easy it was to set up. I used the free app on my Android phone with no difficulty at all. It is, howver, an expensive alternative to other timing devices, but I LOVE the technology!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13