Profile for Richykins > Reviews

Richykins (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Rip It Up
Rip It Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresher sound, revived my appreciation for the band..., 5 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Rip It Up (MP3 Download)
Despite being a fairly devout fan since 1992, and despite owning almost everything they ever recorded, I know one or two albums haven't quite had the appeal to extend beyond Thunder's hardcore.

In every album review there's always proclamations of a "return to form", or "best yet"; I dare say most people always take these comments with a pinch of salt, as I do.

But I'm honestly blown away by this one. It took at least 5 playbacks for some of the catchier songs to grab me, then, as tends to happen with a great album - the tracks you didn't really notice at first gradually start to click.

It's not a complete departure; the driving guitar rhythms are still there underpinning most of it, theres some serious stuff, there's some whimsy, the vocals are top notch etc. but something different is going on compositionally and musically, and I wholeheartedly approve.

I truly rate this in my top 3 thunder albums; there's one track on it I'd happily forego hearing again but it does little to weaken the strength of the complete piece. I'm so pleased for the guys, I hope this is the success it deserves to be. Thanks guys.

KISCHERS Men's Mesh Water Shoes Athletic Aqua Shoes Breathable Quick Drying on Beach and Reef Non Slip (UK 10, Black)
Offered by kischers

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite tight fitting., 26 Sept. 2017
They'd be fine if they fitted well. I'm the archetypal size 9, I've never had a problem with fitting before, but these are just a bit too snug, and quite hard to put on.

The sole is a little thicker than than expected, but they seem fairly well put together, and I like the design. I'll keep them as I won't be wearing them for long stints, but I reckon a half size bigger would have been better.

Betron YSM1000 Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Noise Isolating , Heavy Deep Bass for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Without Microphone)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great sound quality, 26 Sept. 2017
Given all the positive reviews, I'm a bit disappointed in the sound quality.

I'm not a total audio snob, but there's something going on with the mid frequencies that just sounds harsh. Female vocals tipped it for me, it was just unpleasant - which is a shame because the very top end is good, and bass response although a bit thin, isn't the worst.

Fancy packaging and a helpful selection of replacement foam and silicon buds, but these aren't for me.

Monstercube Pick Cutaway Visible Padlock Lock For Locksmith Practice Training Skill Set Tools

2.0 out of 5 stars Too simple, or lacking quality control, 1 Mar. 2017
This had potential, it's nice and clear, the lock operates quite smoothly, and it doesn't require much torque to hold the pins in place. Unfortunately only the 4th pin needs to be picked on mine, the others are already set in the default position, so pretty much any random rake attempt and it pops open. I haven't really acquired much skill from this, I'm hooked though, so I'm going to try to find a harder one.

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 11 Oct. 2016
I can't add much, but just wanted to leave a positive review for this great product.

I've owned many headphones over the years, it's rare to find something that genuinely surprises you with it's quality for a fair price.

As others have said, you'll get a big variation in performance depending on how the earbuds seal, so experiment a little with the fit.

Personally I really enjoy the sound, and I love that they don't tangle.

Funny Rude Humorous 'Happy Birthday W@nk Chops' Greetings Card
Funny Rude Humorous 'Happy Birthday W@nk Chops' Greetings Card
Offered by Brainbox Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely to find this in Clintons, 26 Jan. 2016
Fabulously insulting. I'm sure the birthday boy will be delighted. Well up to the quality you'd expect, with the added bonus of being offensive. I couldn't ask for more.

Cannibal Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Red Nylon Strap CT203-06

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good first watch, 15 Jan. 2016
I'm delighted with this. It looks cute, keeps time accurately and the quality is better than i expected. My daughter grasped the basics of using the outer numbers in a matter of minutes.

Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Offered by a1 Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars No bucking fun..., 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Buckaroo (Toy)
We also had a bad experience with this. Regardless of sensitivity setting it never once bucked during a game. But I'm grateful to Amazon who handled the return as we requested. I'm afraid I can't recommend this product though.

Beard Oil, Forest™ Blend, All Natural - 7 Premium Oils Blended Into a Mouth Watering Concoction - Guaranteed to Soften Your Beard and Make it Kissable
Offered by NovaNeeds

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 27 Dec. 2015
This works so well. Softens beard and moisturises; no itch, and no dry skin. I'll certainly be buying this again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are items this good so hard to find?, 9 Dec. 2010
I bought this to replace a very similar bulb based unit which I always felt wasn't bright enough and didn't stay illuminated for long. This model solves both problems more than adequately.

The standard white LED is excellent and provides plenty of light to navigate your home by, perhaps even too much for my needs, so I've opted to use the pulsing colour effect which provides ample illumination and just takes the edge off the brilliant white.

The sensor is extremely responsive. The light is fitted to a socket opposite a stair case. Before my eyes are even level with the unit it springs into action bathing my landing in soft pulsing cascade of psychedelia. It's like a Pink Floyd gig of yore. It also provides a very relaxing environment for paying a late night visit to the water closet, and with a circa 2 minute illumination I have never been left in the dark.

I'm tempted to buy a couple more of these in case this one ever fails, purely because it was so difficult to find a plug-in PIR unit... but I think the price is just a little north of what I consider perfect. Although maybe I'm being a little tight, as postage was included.

If you're in the market for such a thing, then I don't think you can find better. Go for it.

Page: 1 | 2