Profile for JRow > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Until Harry
Until Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Until Harry (Kindle Edition)
There was absolutely nothing that I did not like about this book, really good read and twists and turns I had not been expecting. Definitely worth five stars.

Dark Notes
Dark Notes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 2 July 2016
This review is from: Dark Notes (Kindle Edition)
Best book I have read so far this year. The suspense held right until the end. The dark was pitched perfectly. The writing was brilliant, the plot kept me captivated. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Great book.

Fall on Me: Broken #3 (The Broken Series)
Fall on Me: Broken #3 (The Broken Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars What the ...., 22 Aug. 2014
A little warning that this is not a trilogy but a never ending drama would have been helpful. I was all set to forgive all the spelling mistakes until the book randomly ended with no proper conclusion other than "the end". I'm really disappointed and annoyed. Note to Author, this tactic does not make me want to buy the next book.

Fall to Pieces: Broken #2 (The Broken Series)
Fall to Pieces: Broken #2 (The Broken Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ending, 13 May 2014
I have to say that the first book was better than this one. In the first book, Lee let Kyle walk all over her but she was still likeable and as a reader I understood the decisions she made. In the second book, I really disliked Lee's character, she was actually quite mean and Kyle was a bit too soppy for me and what mother to be goes on a road trip the morning they go in labour, that was just stupid. The ending redeemed the book for me. I was surprised the author took the risks that she did and I was not expecting the additional twist. I don't think there is enough left to tie up for an additional book so I'm disappointed that there are still some loose ends. The writing was better in this book with fewer mistakes than the first book.

Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep Book 2)
Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing story line, 17 April 2014
I loved Charleys character in the first book. It was great to have a strong female lead who also had a likeable personality. Few authors get the balance right and unfortunately Samantha young did not get the balance right in this conclusion. I really disliked Charlie by the end of the book, fair enough Charley had issues but did it really have to take till the end of the book for her to work it out. I was bored and irritated by the time the book ended rather than happy. 4 stars because I loved the first book & do like this author.

Painless (The Story of Samantha Smith Book 3)
Painless (The Story of Samantha Smith Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best one, 27 Mar. 2014
This book was ok but not as good as the first two. There were long periods were nothing happened and I had to skim over pages which was disappointing. The tone of the book felt different to the first two which was disappointing and it was clear in this book that a male writer was trying to write from the pov of the female lead which didn't always work...how can Sam be portrayed as a lady one minute then talking graphically about poo in the next minute. Also, I didn't get why Romeo needed to be so crass all the time, it got boring and predictable after a while... and the part where Sam was losing her mind over the red paint was stupidly unrealistic. What loving girlfriend would be more focused on red paint than her boyfriends drinking. I'm a bit disappointed with this book.

Off the Record (The Record Series Book 1)
Off the Record (The Record Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down, 12 Mar. 2014
I love KA Linde's books, I was hooked on this one right from the beginning. The premise of the book is interesting, the lead character was string & likable. Great book which I couldn't put down. Love Brady's pov at the end.

CHILD WHITE RACING DRIVER FANCY DRESS COSTUME AGE 4-6
CHILD WHITE RACING DRIVER FANCY DRESS COSTUME AGE 4-6

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, 26 Feb. 2014
Quality of this product was awful. It was like something you would put on a toy not an actual child. The material was thin and weak, very disappointed.

This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy Book 3)
This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why did I do this to myself, 29 Dec. 2013
This trilogy is a 50 shades wannabe which I would not mind as I love the format... millionaire meets normal girl, falls in love etc even the pregnancy was predictable. The author just does not pull it off. It's ridiculous that she has doubts AFTER the wedding. Ridiculous that she fights against his 'trampling' when he never hid it from her in the first place. The whole story feels like he loves her more than she loves him & then she will randomly say ' oh but I do love him' and all I can do is roll my eyes because it's so unbelievable. I really disliked her character! The relationship angst should have all been addressed in the first even second book. This level of angst in the third book does not constitute a believable love story and sex after a near miscarriage is not sexy at all. Only made it to 64% hoping it would get better but it didn't and I decided I had wasted enough of my life reading this trilogy. I rarely leave a book unfinished but I literally couldn't stand anymore.

Until November (Until Series Book 1)
Until November (Until Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good but..., 29 Dec. 2013
I really enjoyed this book & it was hard to put down as the story line was interesting. There were even some laugh out loud moments so it should have been 5 stars but I really hate paying for a book which has annoying typo's and hasn't been edited properly. There were a few times when I completely lost the timeline wondering if days, weeks or months had passed by. There were a few other inconsistencies that did not spoil the story but just annoyed me because they were noticeable. I just stopped reading the follow on book because 2 pages in, the lead female is asking for a job, then in the next sentence she's talking like she's been there for a long time. A story should flow better than that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3