Profile for Rosemary 25 > Reviews

Rosemary 25 (Italy)

Where the Wind Turns the Skin
Where the Wind Turns the Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars When the wind turns the skin to leather, 7 Dec. 2012
This is the first album I bought by Marie Frank, a Danish artist I remembered from when I was a kid but had never really listened to. Most Amazon buyers probably haven't heard about Marie. I think her music can best be described as catchy and uplifting, whitout being too cheesy or mainstream - similar to Norwegian songstress Lene Marlin, but with a sound of her own.
All song in the album combine melodies that are instantly memorable - some more than others - and quirky yrics that can have different interpretations. My personal favourites are Kiss The Messenger and It Can't Get Any Worse, but the album shows many different nuances and has something for both fans of upbeat pop rock and ballad lovers.
Definitively worth more than a listen.

Dusky Meadow Journal (Diary, Notebook) (Journals)
Dusky Meadow Journal (Diary, Notebook) (Journals)
by Peter Pauper Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Dusky Meadow Journal, 7 Dec. 2012
This is a nice little notebook and it is useful for note-taking, writing a journal or sketching. The paper is good quality. My only observation is that it might look more shiny than it actually is. I'd say it's more green-ish than blue-ish. It was a good choice anyway.

Together We Were Made
Together We Were Made

5.0 out of 5 stars The Feeling - Together We Were Made, 16 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
I have always been a huge fan of The Feeling, ever since their debut album. I got Twelve Stops and Home as a gift from a friend and I remember the first listen of the album being astonishing. For a while it was the only album I listened to. Their second album, Join With Us, didn't disappoint me but perhaps was not as refreshing to hear as the first one had been. Now the third album arrives. There was a time when album number 3 used to be an important test for any artist, the one where you truly had to show what you were made of.

Unfortunately, this album doesn't seem to have made a big impression on the charts. In most countries, it hasn't even got a physical CD release. It seems likely that this talented band has been losing popularity and, seeing how the taste of the public seems to constantly shift from one type of music to another, this is not surprising. However, I think everyone who has enjoyed The Feeling's old music and likes good, well-crafted pop music should give this album a try.

The first single, Set My World On Fire didn't make much of an impression on me on first listen but after a while I started to appreciate the electronic beats and its simple but heartfelt lyrics. It's not Sewn but it's still a good song in my opinion.

The two duets with Roisin Murphy and Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Dance For The Lights and Leave Me Out Of It, are both excellent tracks that stand among my favourite. The first one sounds retro and dancey while the second one is a ballad that starts slow and then builds up. Both songs could be hits in my opinion.

Among the other songs in my first disc, I would recommend Another Soldier, which doesn't seem to be very popular but doesn't sound like anything the band has done before; Mr Grin, which is reminiscent of the happy-go-lucky songs on their debut album, but more aggressive and Back Where I Came From, which is a great ballad. Love And Care is another song that didn't get many positive reviews, but it struck me ever since the first listen. The structure of the song, the backing vocals and all is just incredible.

On the second disc, there is more variety between the songs. I wouldn't say that there are fillers but my favourite are: Virtually Art, which is a bit similar Dance For The Lights but with quirky lyrics and a funny rap from Betty Boo; Still You Want More, which reminds me of Kettle's On on their first album but mixes electronics with a rocky sound; 1991, a very original song which mixes personal memories with historical events; Dia De Los Muertos, which too has some interesting lyrics and a strange beat and the ballad Angel Face, which closes the album in a low-key but moving way.

Adding to the music, the package of the double album edition is also very nice. The Amazon price is a good deal, so I would suggest to get this album before it becomes hard to find. 5 stars.

I Want You To Know That There Is Always Hope
I Want You To Know That There Is Always Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars I want you to know that there is always hope, 23 Mar. 2010
I was unsure wether to get this record or not, then I decided to buy it to listen to something new. I am happy I did. All songs in the record are very good, though some of them might not strike on first listen. If you have heard Pink Squares, know that nothing in here is as catchy as it and also I wonder if it really fits with the rest of the album. I think it makes sense since Pink Squares came out in 2006 and the album in 2008 so the songs were written in a long timespan. I don't like classifying music but if you like melodic rock, indie and maybe a bit of upbeat rock you should try this out. It's sad the band split since they had so much potential and could have done greater things. 5 stars.

Contact
Contact
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great, underrated band, 13 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Contact (Audio CD)
I had been anticipating this album for so long and it didn't disappoint me, it's less mellow and less Coldplay-ish than their first one but rockier and exciting. The lyrics are better, Will's vocals are improving, everything's better! I'm sure this album sound awesome live and it's a pity they have never come to Italy. In my opinion this album should have turned Thirteen Senses in an established band like The Man Who did for Travis, unfortunately it didn't get much resonance... I just hope time will give it justice... but if you are looking for a great album, take my advice and buy this!