Profile for Stephen McDonald > Reviews

The Blind Side [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sandra Bullock
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, worth a watch, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Blind Side [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film started slowly and had a rubbish "chick flick" look about and I almost didn't continue watching it, however I'm glad I did. After getting past the initial part of the film it actually turns out to be a very good and gripping film. Good cast who all play their parts very well.

Iceland (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
Iceland (Lonely Planet Country Guides)
by Fran Parnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide book, 23 Aug. 2010
I always buy a Loney Planet before going to new places and this one didn't disappoint. Really useful, we used it to plan our trip before going away and then it was always in the bag when we got there so that we could reference it whenever we needed to. If you're going on a short break to Iceland then I'd recommend this book.

New York City (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
New York City (Lonely Planet Encounter Guides)
by Ginger Otis

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and handy, 23 Aug. 2010
This is a small and handy book to have if you're going on a short break to New York. It covers quite a bit for a small book and I always find the pull out maps in the Lonely Planet guides useful. If you're wanting a more in depth guide though, you'd probably be best going for something else.

Panasonic Lumix TZ6 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 23 Aug. 2010
This is an excellent compact camera. Bought this camera after my other camera packed in and have been very pleased with it. The picture quality is excellent and the has plenty of features. I think there are some features missing (some of the maual mode configuration) that some of it's competitors have for the more experienced photographers but it has more than enough features / configuration options for the amateur. The battery life is very good on this as well and will last you for a good while.

So... If you're looking for a good, easy to use and reliable compact camera, then look no further!

The Freelance Photographer's Market Handbook 2010 2010
The Freelance Photographer's Market Handbook 2010 2010
by John Tracy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull, 23 Aug. 2010
Bought this book as I considered a career as a freelance photographer. Although there isn't a lot of reading in the book as such, there are some useful tips etc. at the beginning. The rest of the book is a directory of contacts for magazines, newspapers, card makers, the list goes on! Overall the book is very useful to have if you're looking to try and make some cash from your photos.

The Beach
The Beach
by Alex Garland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Beach (Paperback)
I read this book for English in school many moons ago (well, when it was published) and read it whilst on holiday in Australia. The fact that I was able to read it whilst on holiday is a tribute to how good the book is as I have a relatively short attention span :-) I thought it was a fantastic book and couldn't put it down, I think it's the quickest I've ever read a book! It's very easy to visualise the characters in your head and really get in to the story. Very well written and exciting book!

Film = pants
Book = brilliant

Fatherland
Fatherland
by Robert Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read!, 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Fatherland (Paperback)
Great book, one of the best I've read. Couldn't put this book down, very gripping and you feel yourself getting sucked in to the book. If you like good thrillers then you'll love this book! A very exciting read.

GreyMobiles SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 16GB & 32GB (PACK OF 8)
GreyMobiles SCREEN PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 16GB & 32GB (PACK OF 8)
Offered by Audiotrader

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 20 Aug. 2010
Great value screen protectors. Contrary to stated the cut out at the top does not obstruct the front facing camera and they are easy to fit if you just take a bit of care. Used the same seller for my iphone 3G screen protectors and haven't been disappointed by the iphone 4 ones!

Need For Speed: Shift (PS3)
Need For Speed: Shift (PS3)
Offered by musicMagpie

4.0 out of 5 stars Best racing game for a good few years!!, 8 Feb. 2010
Bought this game on the recommendation of a friend and wasn't being to hopefull of it being good as most racing games recently have been fairly disappointing. I was pleasantly suprised though when I started playing it and found it to be a good quality racing game. It's the best I've played in a long time, probably since one of the Gran Turismos on the PS2. The graphics are good and it's fairly addictive.

All in all it's worth buying.

A Briefer History of Time
A Briefer History of Time
by Leonard Mlodinow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 1 Sept. 2009
Bought this book as I'd always meant to read "A Brief History of Time" but had never gotten round to it. I thought it might have been a really difficult book to understand but it's not, it's written in an easy to understand way with good explanations on what he's talking about - don't get me wrong though, there's still some things that are hard to get your head round.

If you're interested in this sort of stuff or just looking for a good informative read then I'd highly recommend this book, I couldn't put it down and I plan on reading it again at some point!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4