Profile for R. J. Edwards > Reviews

Dead Set on Living
Dead Set on Living
Offered by Books-and-Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Cancer Bats, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Dead Set on Living (Audio CD)
This has put a right smile on me gob! Awesome. Can't wait to see this live. Good on yer lads!

Such A Night In Pearl Harbor [CD + 100 Page Book]
Such A Night In Pearl Harbor [CD + 100 Page Book]

4.0 out of 5 stars Early 60s Elvis, 9 April 2012
Pretty rough sound quality but adds to the live dimension to Elvis' 60s post army vocal style. Overpriced as the CD + Booklet version. I got mine on download.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2012 9:11 PM BST

Hate My Way
Hate My Way

2.0 out of 5 stars Hate My Way, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Hate My Way (MP3 Download)
It was a freebie download sampler - so can't complain. But there ain't any high lights on this one. Deleted it from my ITunes after one listen.

Ladies Fashion Belt - Faux Leather - G1554 (M, Black)
Ladies Fashion Belt - Faux Leather - G1554 (M, Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Black belt., 6 Feb. 2012
My old black belt was falling to pieces and this looked like a perfect replacement for it. I was rather distracted by the supplier's name and I didn't notice it was faux leather. It's OK but very overpriced - I wouldn't realistically expect to spend more than a fiver on this. I didn't send it back as I needed to use it asap but in hind sight it really isn't worth the money.

In These Ozarks Hills
In These Ozarks Hills

5.0 out of 5 stars In These Ozarks Hills, 6 Feb. 2012
Marideth Sisco is featured heavily on the 'Winter's Bone' soundtrack - I bought this as a follow up to hear more of her voice. Stunning

Live March 2001
Live March 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 Horsepower Live, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Live March 2001 (MP3 Download)
One of my favourite bands. David Eugene Edwards' voice is superb and this album has a great 'live' feel to it. This I suppose is the closest you are gonna get to a Greatest Hits from these guys!

Cemetery Shoes
Cemetery Shoes
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Dowd, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Cemetery Shoes (Audio CD)
I adore Johnny Dowd's lyrics. Clever, dark but with a great deal of humour. Cemetery Shoes is a relative easy listen and perhaps a way for new comers to adjust to his sometimes overtly raw sound. Kinda Nick Cave meets Delta Blues.

100 Acres Of Sycamore
100 Acres Of Sycamore

4.0 out of 5 stars Ffion Regan, 6 Feb. 2012
I heard the track Dogwood Blossom on the new series of Made in England and bought the album on the strength of that. Well written. Melancholic and thoughtful. Glad I found it.

Smells Like Teen Spirit (A Tribute To Nirvana)
Smells Like Teen Spirit (A Tribute To Nirvana)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smell's Like Teen Spirit Cover, 24 Jan. 2012
A nicely understated cover. No over dramatised vocals. Guess it will become a staple for female fronted pub rock bands

Wire Flowers - More Songs From the Wrong Side of Memphis
Wire Flowers - More Songs From the Wrong Side of Memphis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wire Flowers, 11 Jan. 2012
Another wonderfully disturbing slice of Americana from Mr. Dowd. This sits very well next to Nick Cave in my music collection. Likin' it lots.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6